Sequatchie over Whitwell

Indian

QUOTE(gametime08 @ Feb 4 2007 - 11:08 AM) 826357889[/snapback]This has got to be the most ridiculous conversation I have ever seen. These girls go a lot of places getting better everytime they can. Some have another coach come down on weekends to help there game. These girls have great attitudes and do not like "running the score up" on other teams. But you who think this, do you not think other teams would do that to Seq. if they were able? And as for the comment about the "Barkers" I think its histarical that you post that Alan Baker and Anita Barker are just out to completely kill other teams. For 1. Have you seen the Middle School Team? For 2. When the High School girls now were younger they went off to Gatlinburg EVERY summer and knowing when they went up there that teams were going to kill them, but looking at it as hey, that just makes us better in the long run..for 4 years these girls done this with that attitude and look at them now(in the long run) they are a great team. Also, if Anita & Alan Barker & the Sequatchie County Lady Indians got on here worrying about what others have to say.. who knows how they`d be playing..These girls have learned to take the heat of other people who dislike them or the coach just b/c they are good and go out there and play the ball game that they have practiced for since they were in the 2nd & 3rd grade!

Go Lady Indians!

Great Post! Tomorrow night is I think Senior night for Sequatchie Co. as they play host to Whitwell in the final home game and I hope all of the Sequatchie fans give both the boys & girls a standing ovation for the past four years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys was 78-47 and could have been worse than that. Seq led 25-9 after one, a senior had 14 points and four three-pointers in the first eight minutes and didn't score after that. Starters played minutes probably adding up to a half. Girls allowed two field goals in each of the first two quarters, four in the fourth. Let up on the press midway through the third, or 15 more points would have easily been scored. Starters and main reserves played with the girls at the end of the bench in the fourth, that helps them develop better than when there's five inexperienced girls out there at once. 21 turnovers by Whitwell in the first half. Best thing about the girls game might have been the blocked shot that went six rows up into the stands. I'd think Tigerfan would have more to worry about after that last game than trying to "out" people on CoachT.

Maybe, but they still have to work hard no matter if they're getting credit or not. I think the win at Chattanooga Christian impressed the FP writer there, held them to six points in the first half. The good thing about high school basketball and most every sport (except college football) is that polls and votes don't decide the champs.

Speaking of CCS, we lost tonight at Grundy 53-44 or something like that. Bottom line was it was a 9 point game.

So that means that CCS and Grundy, and CCS and Howard, and Howard and Grundy each have split with each other. Which comes down to tiebreakers.

The first tie breaker is the 10 point rule.

We beat Grundy by 11.

We lost by 9.

Because we lost by less than 10 points (verses them losing by more than 10) we own the tiebreaker. Same with Howard.

Lost by 4.

Win by 15/16.

So barring a lost @ Hixson on Friday, 1 will be Sequatchie and 2 will be CCS.

That make sense?

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826361388[/snapback]

Speaking of CCS, we lost tonight at Grundy 53-44 or something like that. Bottom line was it was a 9 point game.

So that means that CCS and Grundy, and CCS and Howard, and Howard and Grundy each have split with each other. Which comes down to tiebreakers.

We beat Grundy by 11.

We lost by 9.

Because we lost by less than 10 points (verses them losing by more than 10) we own the tiebreaker. Same with Howard.

Lost by 4.

Win by 15/16.

That make sense?

Makes sense to me.....

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826361388[/snapback]

We beat Grundy by 11.

We lost by 9.

Lost by 4.

Win by 15/16.

That make sense?

You explained that scenario quite well, but I was under the impression that the coaches in the district had voted this past year for there to be no point spread in tie breakers? I may be way off base, and apologize if I am. I thought that they took how you played the highest seed, which everyone lost to Sequatchie, then coin tossed? Like I said, I may be wrong, but I thought this was something new? Btw, tonight's game was a great game, played with a lot of intensity on both sides with tournaments just right around the corner!

I think if you looked at how they lost to Seq, by total points they lost by, Howard would be second. I really don't know how they'll do it, but I think coin toss should be a last resort. If Seq can get past their first game I expect the second round opponent to go all out no matter who it is.