Sequatchie over Whitwell

Indian

QUOTE(Indian @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:51 PM) 826361543[/snapback]

I think if you looked at how they lost to Seq, by total points they lost by, Howard would be second. I really don't know how they'll do it, but I think coin toss should be a last resort. If Seq can get past their first game I expect the second round opponent to go all out no matter who it is.

I agree that coin toss should be a last resort! Can't help but being anxious to know where it all lands though, lol. Maybe someone that knows for sure will post.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Coach Neely, who is over district 6AA...new rules were voted on in 2005-2006, and they go into effect THIS season.

1. Your district record, obviously

2. How you do head to head between the tied teams, with NO point spread.

3. How you did against the team above you with NO point spread.

4. coin toss

Who knows how it will all end up! Might end up the same anyway, but this is what was voted on last year. This crazy tie might make things have to be reconsidered for next year. Bylaws for the district are voted on each year, and either amended or passed. It is this way in all TSSAA sports.

Coin toss is really unfair for whoever finishes fourth, they'd play Sequatchie in the second round most likely, but before that they'd have Bledsoe probably in the first round instead of one of the lower teams. From what I've seen there's a big drop off after Bledsoe. I'm starting a 6AA tournament thread since then one was supposed to be about how Seq is so mean to their opponents, lol.

This thread has several different games discussed, so I'll add one more. Seq looked shaky at the start against Notre Dame, trailed 6-5 after two minutes but they got things straightened out and went on a 25-0 run over the next six minutes. Notre Dame had 21 turnovers in the first quarter, 14 on steals, that's pretty good defense no matter the opponent. ND ended up with around 35 turnovers. The pace slowed down after the first quarter but I don't think that will hurt anything since a game was played the night before too. Overall they were pretty sharp heading into the game at Bledsoe.

QUOTE(alli8657 @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:05 AM) 826361654[/snapback]

According to Coach Neely, who is over district 6AA...new rules were voted on in 2005-2006, and they go into effect THIS season.

1. Your district record, obviously

2. How you do head to head between the tied teams, with NO point spread.

3. How you did against the team above you with NO point spread.

4. coin toss

Who knows how it will all end up! Might end up the same anyway, but this is what was voted on last year. This crazy tie might make things have to be reconsidered for next year. Bylaws for the district are voted on each year, and either amended or passed. It is this way in all TSSAA sports.

According to this it'll be a 3 way coin toss.

So what happens in the coin toss if:

Chattanooga Christian beats Grundy.

Grundy beats Howard.

Howard beats Chattanooga Christian?

QUOTE(Indian @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826347714[/snapback]

59-25. Shooting was not great, but intensity was the best in several games. 10-0 after 1, 25-7 at half, 47-13 after three. Seven field goals for the game for Whitwell, three in the first three quarters and four in the fourth. 33 turnovers for Whitwell, 22 on steals, 1 offensive rebound (15 by Seq), Seq certainly came ready to play. Seq has a make-up game at Jasper tomorrow. JV won 44-22, led 19-4 at half so they came ready to play too.

Nice win Sequatchie

QUOTE(StudCantrell @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826363562[/snapback]

instead of coin toss, they should do paper-rock-scissors.

That would make as much sense. I think point spreads between teams with the same district records would be better. They played each other home and away so each had the opportunity to win, either by a narrow or comfortable margin.