Obion Co Central

VOREBS

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826360416[/snapback]

If we can get back to the matter at hand, OC makes the LONG trip to Crockett Co tonight, to tangle with the always dangerous Lady Cavs. This is a tough gym to play in and Crockett plays well there. Tournaments are about a week away, lets focus on basketball, and see just where the road goes for OC in the next few weeks.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. Obion County has a fine team and coach, and could possibly go all the way. Unfortunately, there are three other teams in the District capable of going far (Dyersburg, Milan & Westview), plus Northside. This means it will come down to peaking at the right time, good coaching and players who are willing to take their game to the next level. This District is so loaded, that the whole state championship could be affected by key plays that take place in 13AA tournament, scary to consider. Obion could win the District and Region, but can also be beat by Milan and then have to fight to stay out of 4th. This is the time for a total focus, no time for anything that distracts.

QUOTE(FullcourtPress @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826360233[/snapback]

Although you are probably just a bitter parent, I would like to respond to your Suiter-bashing. First of all, if you are even a fan of the whole team, I would think you might try to be supportive of the whole team instead of picking on one…like it or not, your coach is also part of the team. But you say that he “didnt tell them to stall the ball. he is just along for the ride” but then say that “he believes in the stalling the ball whether you are ahead or behind. these girls have always played a run and gun offense.” Which is it? And you say “. just ask any of the girls on the team about his coaching if you really want to know the answer to your questions.” How sad if it is true that they are talking about or questioning his coaching. Again, if this is true, maybe they should be more interested in free-throws, rebounding, and playing basketball. My guess is that some of the parents are not happy, and instead of supporting, they will do what they usually do, cause distractions for a team that needs none. Other responses to your quotes “these girls have always played a run and gun offense. lets just say that loosing has been a great adjustment for them.” Some facts and figures from coacht and previous schedules…In the 3 years before Suiter got there the team averaged 54, 57, and 50 points, the past 3 years 61, 57, and 64…3 years before 12-10 (2-6 in district, 2-1 dist. Tourn, lose first round region), 26-7 (7-3 in district, 1-2 dist. Tourn, lost first round region), 22-10 (5-5 in district, 2-1 dist. Tourn, lost first round region), the past 3 years 28-8 (8-2 in dist, 2-0 dist tourn, 2-1 regional with substate win), 21-13 (7-5 dist, 2-1 dist. Tourn, 2-1 regional, and substate game), 22-3 (currently 7-3 dist) and this year’s postseason is anybody’s guess. My guess is that if everyone around here panicks (like they tried to do last year), might be a tough postseason. Or, everyone could pull for the whole team (not just their little sally) and who knows what might happen. Almost forgot, looked up schedule ranks just for the heck of it. 3 years before (10, 59, 35), 3 years since (23, 1, 12).

Good Luck Lady Rebels!!!!!!!

Numbers don't lie......

But let me say this....IF what yellin4rebs says is true and there are girls on the team outwardly questioning the coach and his way of coaching,which I don't believe,guess where the Lady Rebels will end up this season???...They will end up watching the region finals from the stands and the only way they will get to see the floor at Murphy Center is with a ticket.....I can almost guess who some of these parents with "better ways of coaching" are and I can also see where they would fill their kids' heads with all that garbage.....Let me share with everyone something I thought was pretty interesting.....My son has a book he is reading ,'The Football Coaching Bible' by members of the American Football Coaches Association(AFCA).....George Curry,AFCA president in 1996 and very well known and successful high school football coach,has a chapter in it devoted to building and sustaining a high school football program...In it he lists his "Ten Don'ts" that he asks the parents of his players to observe....#2 says.."Don't be negative with your son.It rubs off.If you complain about why your son is not in the starting line-up,he will do the same.Be positive.Motivate and encourage your son....#4 says.."Don't knock the coaching staff.How can you expect your son to perform to his fullest if all he hears from you about the coach is negative?....Support the coach's rules,philosophies,playbook and so on".....#6 says..."Don't be a know-it-all.Coaches work with youngsters 12 months of the year.They spend many hours with these youngsters in situations that their parents may never see.In some cases coaches know more about the player than the parents do.Don't exert pressure on your son by telling him things he shouldn't have to hear.Be a good role model.Let the coaches coach"......And finally #10 says..."Don't baby your son.Sever the umbilical cord.It's a tough world out there.Let him start preparing for it by not babying him.Let the coaches push your son.Let the coaches make him tougher mentally by challenging him.A youngster can learn mental toughness regardless of whether he plays."

In reality 99% of the people bashing the Lady Rebel coach have an axe to grind...Maybe their daughter was cut from the team...Maybe their upperclassman daughter is not playing as much as a freshman...Maybe their daughter is now on another team and they feel they were shafted by the current coach...Who knows??..But if this crap keeps up,this athletic program will again be looking for a new coach....Parents...Shut Up and let this man coach this team!!!

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826359825[/snapback]

That's all??...Don't feed me that crap....That was one of the best Lady Rebels teams that we have had here in a long time.....They finished that season 26-4...Expectations very high for a State Tournament and possibly a State Championship run, but get in the district and lose the first game as a #1 seed....But if that wasn't good enough, we lost the consolation game, but since we were the first seed we got to go to the region, but ofcourse we couldn't do anything, and we got embarassed in the FIRST round of the Region....There ya go....One of the best teams....Three games and out....but that would be a great team at South Fulton since your only known for Trey Pearson and softball.....

Hoffman had his teams tournament ready at Game 1, and by the end of the year he had nothing....Suiter comes on at tournament time....When it matters ofcourse....

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!

You amaze me at your idiotic comments. What else is Obion known for?!?!?! A mediocre football team, an even worse recent past men's basketball team, or could it be your softball team that gets beat by JR. high teams perhaps! I also seem to remember in the recent past that South Fulton made it to the play offs in football a number of times!!!

QUOTE(devilfever @ Feb 6 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826361021[/snapback]

You amaze me at your idiotic comments. What else is Obion known for?!?!?! A mediocre football team, an even worse recent past men's basketball team, or could it be your softball team that gets beat by JR. high teams perhaps! I also seem to remember in the recent past that South Fulton made it to the play offs in football a number of times!!!

This post reminds me of a good ol' saying my grandad used to say,

"It’s better to remain silent and though of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You really want to talk about win / loss records?? For the past few years?? When you point that finger at OC about the "mediocre football team, an even worse recent past men's basketball team," remember there are three fingers pointing back at 'cha. Thats not a cheapshot at those teams. I know they are working their tails off. But, come on, don't carry a butterknife into a swordfight.

You really want to talk about win / loss records?? For the past few years?? When you point that finger at OC about the "mediocre football team, an even worse recent past men's basketball team," remember there are three fingers pointing back at 'cha. Thats not a cheapshot at those teams. I know they are working their tails off. But, come on, don't carry a butterknife into a swordfight.

also don't tug on superman's cape or spit into the wind!!

backinOC - good post earlier.. It's nice to see #74 and the rest of the guys out supporting their classmates at these games. It's always nice to see the student body out and players from other sports getting behind their friends in a supportive role. Tell em' to keep up the good work.

Spencer Hoffman the two seasons he was at OC had AWESOME teams, and all he could manage was a 26-7 season losing the final three games of the year....losing in the first round of the region.....His next year he went 22-10 and once again failed to bring the Lady Rebels to State or even the Sub-State....losing in the semis of the district and losing in the semis of the region.....BUT...the next year Coach Suiter came....The Lady Rebels finished 28-8(half of that year Jenna Roney was out with a broke foot) Won a district championship, won the sub-state at Memphis Hillcrest, and then went to the State tournament and lost in 2OTs to Austin East.

AWESOME??? Easy there, I think that was still before you got there. Those teams he had especially his last year was FAR from awesome. They lost one of their leaders and only outside threat early in the season when Reedy went down, and to come up with 20-25 wins with that team was a great coaching job. That team averaged so few of points because all are scorers they were either still in the 7th and 8th grade, or were injured. Everyone was able to stay down low and triple Janna. That’s why Spencer spent all his time with they young ones now playing in the summer. You would need a calculator to figure all the hours and tourneys they went to with him when they were in jr high... and for the year after he left, OC started 3 freshman every game, that could have started when they were in the 8th it was possible. They were just a flat out great team with whoever was the coach. Those girls paid the price of what it takes to win and that is what they are doing now.

Now as far as Suiter, leave him alone, he is also a GOOD coach, and even better person. So let him coach and do his job, But saying that he was way better than Spencer is WAY OFF also. Spencer just worked TOO HARD for some of the administration that was there. Guess they got mad when he was the 1st person to get to school (sorry Abby don't think you ever beat him...maybe once lol) and the last to leave, but he has moved on (and so have they..haha). Everyone that did not like him probably had the same problem. Spencer is a great coach and the hardest working man I have ever been around.

I wish the best for Coach Suiter and the Lady Rebels.

Nice win last night by OC over Crockett at Alamo. Now the Lady Rebs have a Friday night game with Fulton Co at "Central Station", and then it is on to district tornaments. But still it is one game at a time. Be there Friday night as it is senior night.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now as far as Suiter, leave him alone, he is also a GOOD coach, and even better person. So let him coach and do his job, But saying that he was way better than Spencer is WAY OFF also. Spencer just worked TOO HARD for some of the administration that was there. Guess they got mad when he was the 1st person to get to school (sorry Abby don't think you ever beat him...maybe once lol) and the last to leave, but he has moved on (and so have they..haha). Everyone that did not like him probably had the same problem. Spencer is a great coach and the hardest working man I have ever been around.

I wish the best for Coach Suiter and the Lady Rebels.

conan....It's weird....I hear one of the problems some of these people bashing the coach have now is that he isn't at the gym 24/7...Seems like no matter what you do,you can't win.....

I just wonder how much better Obion Central would be now with Molly Ledbetter(South Fulton) and Kayla Holloway(Dyersburg-Ole Miss signee) both former Ridgemont Lady Mustangs in the Obion County Junior High System....And why are they not Lady Rebels now???..hmmmmmm By the way,where is Hoffman coaching at now??

I also wish the best for Coach Suiter and the Lady Rebels.....

Big win for the Lady Rebels last night in Alamo......Now they need to really focus on the tournaments and peak at the right time.....