McGavock @ Franklin High

FranklinHSfan

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826348697[/snapback]

Mcgavock is inbounding the ball on their baseline with 6.9 seconds & FHS ahead 75 to 74. McGavock hits a 3-pointer after what looked to me like an obvious push off by the shooter. What a time for all 3 refs to swallow their whistles.

Perhaps we'll get another shot at them in the Regional Tournament

A solid two handed push with arms fully extended by the McGavock player. The outside official was looking directly at the play and never flinched. I think he froze under the pressure. Certainly not the guy you want to go into battle with.

Batt was pushed off his feet and slid about 6 feet on the floor. Totally inexcusible no call. # 44 , to his credit made the play, and made the shot.

No doubt, two very even teams. Either team could have won. I'm sorry the ref froze up. I guarantee if they play again, McGavock will not be over confident.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachespet @ Jan 28 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826349585[/snapback]

A solid two handed push with arms fully extended by the McGavock player. The outside official was looking directly at the play and never flinched. I think he froze under the pressure. Certainly not the guy you want to go into battle with.

Batt was pushed off his feet and slid about 6 feet on the floor. Totally inexcusible no call. # 44 , to his credit made the play, and made the shot.

No doubt, two very even teams. Either team could have won. I'm sorry the ref froze up. I guarantee if they play again, McGavock will not be over confident.

Even before the last "push" beofre the shot: What about the refs giving Mcgavok a timeout after the player slid on the floor with the ball and turned over and no travel was called, that was an obvious travel! I can't say the refs lost the game because of the Rebels missed FT's, but officials this year have been less than stellar! I couldn't see the push clearly but glad someone else did!

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Jan 28 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826349418[/snapback]

but i thought frankin was so deep with anyone being able to step at anytime, guess thats not all true, yes it was 2pt. lose, but every Franklin fan here has made them out to be invinciable.

and i dont understand the schduling on this one Indy on friday McGavoc on saturday...i know they make schdules in like the summer or something, but Indy. is considered a cross/district rivial, and McGavoc has been a fairly good team the last few years, dont understand the people who do schedules would do that

well the reason the coach scheduled those games back to back b/c if Franklin makes it to sub-state and then state, they're going to have to play a team like Indy one night and someone just as good like mcgavock the next night. it was a good coaching strategy for franklin's coach to do that.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826349700[/snapback]

Even before the last "push" beofre the shot: What about the refs giving Mcgavok a timeout after the player slid on the floor with the ball and turned over and no travel was called, that was an obvious travel! I can't say the refs lost the game because of the Rebels missed FT's, but officials this year have been less than stellar! I couldn't see the push clearly but glad someone else did!

Yep, a few more made 4th quarter freethrows or 1 less 4th quarter turnover and we don't have to worry about the refs in the last minute of the Mt. Juliet game, the 1st Indy game or the Mcgavock game. IMHO, the refs had called a pretty darn good game until the 4th quarter. And those two "no-calls" in the last 10 seconds were especially costly. Hopefully the players (and coaches) will learn from these experiences and be ready as they approach "One & Done" Tournament Time.

Go REBELS!!!

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826348769[/snapback]

Mcgavock has a good team they won no excuses. We need to keep improving. As far as White House goes your team is terrible what a joke that you get on this board and run your mouth all the time. You would be lucky to win 5 games in aaa. Weak district what about the one you play in. Smyrna beat you guys one of the weakest teams in aaa.

I AGREE OUR DISTRICT IS WEAK...BUT WE'RE NOT TERRIBLE WE ARE A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM AND WE'RE LOADED WITH JUNIORS... WE WOULD BEAT YA THIS YEAR AND WE WOULD BEAT YA AGAIN NEXT YEAR...NOW DEREK ANDERSON WAS A GOOD BALLPLAYER BUT THE GUYS THAT YA HAD LAST SUMMER DIDN'T SHOW ME ANYTHING....

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826349884[/snapback]

I AGREE OUR DISTRICT IS WEAK...BUT WE'RE NOT TERRIBLE WE ARE A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM AND WE'RE LOADED WITH JUNIORS... WE WOULD BEAT YA THIS YEAR AND WE WOULD BEAT YA AGAIN NEXT YEAR...NOW DEREK ANDERSON WAS A GOOD BALLPLAYER BUT THE GUYS THAT YA HAD LAST SUMMER DIDN'T SHOW ME ANYTHING....

Are you still talking about summer balll? Please stay off this thread!

If you are from White House High are you serious? Your school was in 9-AAA for several years and you could count their district wins on one hand for their entire stay. The only two teams you could compete with on a regular basis from 11AAA and 12AAA are Hilwood and Glencliff.

i agree franklin is not that good. i watch wh alot and have seen fhs.wh would beat them by 20

QUOTE(BigPoppa @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826350015[/snapback]

If you are from White House High are you serious? Your school was in 9-AAA for several years and you could count their district wins on one hand for their entire stay. The only two teams you could compete with on a regular basis from 11AAA and 12AAA are Hilwood and Glencliff.

times have changed baby