Sequatchie County Indians

SNIPER

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations you get a gold star minus a side because you were one point off.

Here's the rundown of tonight's action.

First the CCS JV boys actually played decent and won by 14 or so. But almost no one was there as usual.

Varsity:

In what was a low scoring game early Sequatchie moved out to an early lead and stayed there for most of the game leading by as many as 14 points. The Chargers battled back to take the lead several times but were never able to put the game away. As it the game went down the stretch Sequatchie led by 4 or 5 points for most of the 4th quarter after CCS had rallied again. The normal occurence was for CCS to get a wide open easy layup off a great assist by sophomore Stephen Cook. However the Chargers didn't play defense on the other end and Sequatchie was either able to make a short shot or CCS would foul and Sequatchie would make their free throws.

The Chargers had the ball with about 35 seconds left down by 2 points when #4 Mario Hill passed off a wide open 3 pointer (yes we wanted him to take it, he is our shooter) and we missed another shot.

After some more free throws to go down by 6, Logan O'Dell hit a 28 footer with 1.8 seconds left to bring the game to 3. The Chargers fouled immidently and #10 Ryan Vandenburg hit his 2 free throws to make it a 4 point game.

Final: Sequatchie 61

Chattanooga Christian 57

From my standpoint we should have won the game if not for some mistakes down the stretch. However, I know you guys on the other side would have felt the same way if the outcome had been reversed. That's the way almost every game in this district is.

Chattanooga Christian plays at home on senior night friday against Bledsoe County. I do not know who Sequatchie plays Friday.

Any Sequatchie fans up for some bantering about the game? Any other perspective? And way to come out all the way down to support your team.

And I was in a blue jacket and yellow vest on the other side of the court. You couldn't have missed me.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jan 30 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826352314[/snapback]Final: Sequatchie 61

Chattanooga Christian 57

Didn't make it to the game so congratulation guys on a big road win!

The Chargers fouled immidently and #10 Ryan Vandenburg hit his 2 free throws to make it a 4 point game.

You don't want him at the line when the game is on the line. He was fouled on a three point shot with under 2 seconds to go against Hixson and hit all three a couple of games back to send it to OT!

Chattanooga Christian plays at home on senior night friday against Bledsoe County. I do not know who Sequatchie plays Friday.

The Indians are scheduled to travel to East Ridge.

Seq's Vandenburg scored 20, a lot of players did well. CCS's main scorer got in foul trouble in the first half, helped to keep their first half scoring down, but they had another score 17, I think it was announced. Seq led by 11 in the third quarter, CCS eventually came back to tie it. Vandenburg was 9-10 FT shooting in the fourth. Good crowd for Seq, good spirited crowd for CCS. I could do without the announcer though, especially when he carried out a name of someone scoring into Seq taking the ball down the court (very loudly). The band seems to be in a dangerous spot, for player safety and for their own instruments but there might not be anywhere else.

QUOTE(Sequatchie @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826352670[/snapback]

Didn't make it to the game so congratulation guys on a big road win!

You don't want him at the line when the game is on the line. He was fouled on a three point shot with under 2 seconds to go against Hixson and hit all three a couple of games back to send it to OT!

The Indians are scheduled to travel to East Ridge.

It's hard to predict a win against one of the top 10 teams in the state, but Seq is playing well and at the very least, has a good shot at East Ridge. The home game could have went either way, East Ridge ended up winning by five. It will probably depend on Jurick's foul trouble if any.

QUOTE(Indian @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:10 AM) 826352688[/snapback]

Seq's Vandenburg scored 20, a lot of players did well. CCS's main scorer got in foul trouble in the first half, helped to keep their first half scoring down, but they had another score 17, I think it was announced. Seq led by 11 in the third quarter, CCS eventually came back to tie it. Vandenburg was 9-10 FT shooting in the fourth. Good crowd for Seq, good spirited crowd for CCS. I could do without the announcer though, especially when he carried out a name of someone scoring into Seq taking the ball down the court (very loudly). The band seems to be in a dangerous spot, for player safety and for their own instruments but there might not be anywhere else.

You're right about there being no where else to put them.

We fouled Vandenburg at the very end cause it's who got the ball. Had no choice. He would drive, pull up and we'd foul him. Not very smart.

Fun, intense game. Thanks for coming out. And good luck for the rest of the season.

(PS: if you were there for the girls game, you should know I have really good reflexes.)

QUOTE(Indian @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826350287[/snapback]

and then had big wins over rivals Whitwell and Marion.

C'mon man! I agree that Sequatchie's got a pretty decent team this year, but I think they're usually pretty solid. However, citing Whitwell and Marion as "big wins"? CCS is a "big win" even though they're down a bit this year. Don't get me wrong, Sequatchie is solid and could cause some problems for folks in the tournament, but beating Marion County and Whitwell is like beating Sisters of the Poor and Sisters of the Really, Really, Really Poor! Good game last night, though.

I think any district win is a big win (except for maybe Marion and Grundy... but for Quatchie they are rival valley teams).

This is one of the toughtest districts I've ever seen before. 2 teams in the top 10 in the state. And the next 4 teams in the district could knock one of those off. The competition makes this district great.

Howard and East Ridge are the favorites. Sequatchie will have an upest mind going into the tourny looking to knock off some power.

If CCS can begin to play well they are very dangerous (beat Hixson by 17 early in the year). I hope they just play together with confidence. Young team is getting better and better. Soon they will break out of their shell and explode.

Congrats to Sequatchie for a well played game last night.

QUOTE(Tigerinsania @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826352805[/snapback]

C'mon man! I agree that Sequatchie's got a pretty decent team this year, but I think they're usually pretty solid. However, citing Whitwell and Marion as "big wins"? CCS is a "big win" even though they're down a bit this year. Don't get me wrong, Sequatchie is solid and could cause some problems for folks in the tournament, but beating Marion County and Whitwell is like beating Sisters of the Poor and Sisters of the Really, Really, Really Poor! Good game last night, though.

If I were playing basketball and Sequatchie was on my schedule I would be looking out. Sequatchie is hot right now and if they keep it on throughout the year and into the district then they will end up on top and possibly a good placement in the region. And by the way we did donkey stomp marion and whitwell, marion and bledsoe. WE RUN THE SEQUATCHIE VALLEY.. THATS WHY IT IS NAMED AFTER US..