Fan of the Year Candidates?

jamieroper

CoachT needs to have a Fan of the Year poll!!!

I nominate AuntKim of the defending Class A State Champions Forrest Lady Rockets.

Come on CoachT, it would be fun.

Greenwheel would also have to get a nod too. He has probably seen more games than anyone this year. Wish I was rich and could simply travel around watching basketball games. Ha ha.

Why do you think he is near the top of the BIG ONES???? He has seen most teams play in person.

OK GreenWheel, how many games have you seen this year so far????

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:27 AM) 826352848[/snapback]

CoachT needs to have a Fan of the Year poll!!!

I nominate AuntKim of the defending Class A State Champions Forrest Lady Rockets.

Come on CoachT, it would be fun.

Greenwheel would also have to get a nod too. He has probably seen more games than anyone this year. Wish I was rich and could simply travel around watching basketball games. Ha ha.

Why do you think he is near the top of the BIG ONES???? He has seen most teams play in person.

SHE HAS MY VOTE TOO...AND YOU ARE A CLOSE SECOND.

QUOTE(hooptroop @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826352965[/snapback]

SHE HAS MY VOTE TOO...AND YOU ARE A CLOSE SECOND.

I was what I believe to be the #1 fan in the state until this year. My wife and I would take off work and go to all the summer games and really cheer the girl's on no matter how far away they went. When my daughter had ankle surgery this summer, it took us out of that mode. Plus, AuntKim to the best of my knowledge, does not have kin folks on the team she pulls for. I do. She just loves her school.

Greenwheel just loves basketball. He is one of my heros.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826352978[/snapback]

I was what I believe to be the #1 fan in the state until this year. My wife and I would take off work and go to all the summer games and really cheer the girl's on no matter how far away they went. When my daughter had ankle surgery this summer, it took us out of that mode. Plus, AuntKim to the best of my knowledge, does not have kin folks on the team she pulls for. I do. She just loves her school.

Greenwheel just loves basketball. He is one of my heros.

Her niece plays for the Lady Rockets...but she would still go. She loves the game at any level. She even makes time to go and cheer for the Forrest Middle Lady Rockets basketball team.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:27 AM) 826352848[/snapback]

I'm at 80 right now but I'm sure Pageman has seen more and probably a few others as well.

When you have 8 high schools in the county you live, you can just about see a game any night of the week.

Aw shucks....Thank you Jaime and hooptroop. As hooptroop said my neice does play for the Lady Rockets and I love watching her and these girls play. One thing I have learned from CoachT however, is there are soooooo many great fans that get on here and politely and calmly discuss the teams.............ok, well Mostly Polite and Mostly Calm You have the fans like Pageman who goes to so many games and does the stats ( I have enough trouble following the game without being able to do stats!) and of course Ptguard12, we all know how much work it takes to do what he/she does and 7Awatcher and jimbo44 and greenwheel and muffin and swanson71 and BuffaloFan and of course Jamieroper who really is so entertaining and witty ( I really have never met him ) but he makes me laugh a lot and loves to stir it up, but in a good way and so many others who love their teams and keep the discussions interesting. I would have to nominate 2 people who I think really know their stuff and I look forward to reading their posts all the time and that would be Ptguard12 and Pageman, both wonderful ambassadors of this sport and also great fans

NO i'm the FAN OF THE YEAR

i have sacrificed most of my time and personal life to promote my sport(soccer)i have came up with some pretty innovative ideas and changed the way people viewed the soccer board like when the tennessean ran the football dream team they got that idea from me because i did in girls soccer this year

Also like PHargis(girls basketball and volleyball), Bray (Wrestling),David Limbaugh(baseball), Mike Mcgee(softball)and Gomab(boys basketball) because they don't just love the sport they love the kids and do it for them

sure i get on my basketball team alot thats only because i want them to reach there full potential

QUOTE(auntkim @ Jan 31 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826353538[/snapback]

Aw shucks....Thank you Jaime and hooptroop. As hooptroop said my neice does play for the Lady Rockets and I love watching her and these girls play. One thing I have learned from CoachT however, is there are soooooo many great fans that get on here and politely and calmly discuss the teams.............ok, well Mostly Polite and Mostly Calm You have the fans like Pageman who goes to so many games and does the stats ( I have enough trouble following the game without being able to do stats!) and of course Ptguard12, we all know how much work it takes to do what he/she does and 7Awatcher and jimbo44 and greenwheel and muffin and swanson71 and BuffaloFan and of course Jamieroper who really is so entertaining and witty ( I really have never met him ) but he makes me laugh a lot and loves to stir it up, but in a good way and so many others who love their teams and keep the discussions interesting. I would have to nominate 2 people who I think really know their stuff and I look forward to reading their posts all the time and that would be Ptguard12 and Pageman, both wonderful ambassadors of this sport and also great fans

Thanks Auntkim. I have not posted as much this season as I have in the past but that is because I have seen more games this year then ever before (and I did not know that was possible). With high school and middle school games from October to March and AAU games from March to July, it is non-stop basketball games for like 9 1/2 to 10 months out of the year. It is beginning to seem like there are games every night of the week (for example, there were James C. Haile Middle School State Tournament games tonight). This year I have been so busy and on the road that often times I either just do not have the time to post or I am just too tired to even try to post anything. However, I am going to try to find some more time to contribute on the boards besides just the weekly Class A poll.

I think there are lots of fine people on here that make it very interesting and lots easier to keep up with the different teams. It is very interesting to watch how fans from the different parts of the Great State of Tennessee support their own teams. Also Coacht makes one feel a closeness to acquaintances across the state that in most likely hood one will never meet. And last but by far the most important thing is the sport itself. The hope for a successful life for each of these fine young ladies that are playing so hard for their teams.