Fan of the Year Candidates?

jamieroper

I would nominate a person for the number one fan by the name of Danny that goes to as many high school games as possible to cheer for Obion County Central. Danny has to be carried to the games because of his handicapped situation. He loves basketball games and is a favorite with all that know him. He goes out and stands with the players as they are introduced and congratulates them after the game no matter whether they win or lose. He may not attend more than fifty games per year because of his situation, but he dearly loves to watch the players and is always very supportive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(auntkim @ Jan 31 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826353538[/snapback]

Aw shucks....Thank you Jaime and hooptroop. As hooptroop said my neice does play for the Lady Rockets and I love watching her and these girls play. One thing I have learned from CoachT however, is there are soooooo many great fans that get on here and politely and calmly discuss the teams.............ok, well Mostly Polite and Mostly Calm You have the fans like Pageman who goes to so many games and does the stats ( I have enough trouble following the game without being able to do stats!) and of course Ptguard12, we all know how much work it takes to do what he/she does and 7Awatcher and jimbo44 and greenwheel and muffin and swanson71 and BuffaloFan and of course Jamieroper who really is so entertaining and witty ( I really have never met him ) but he makes me laugh a lot and loves to stir it up, but in a good way and so many others who love their teams and keep the discussions interesting. I would have to nominate 2 people who I think really know their stuff and I look forward to reading their posts all the time and that would be Ptguard12 and Pageman, both wonderful ambassadors of this sport and also great fans

it's a blast getting on here and having some fun with others and stirring it up...I get a kick out of it...

fan of the year hmmmmmmmmmmmm...i think it would be too hard to nominate a fan of the year on here for example...i havnt heard of many of these people you have mentioned becasue i dont read the same threads or go tot he same games as they do i will call it the "circle" in my "circle" we have many that dont have kids playing any sport or playing 1 sport or not even in high school who attend games and i am sure those same people have never heard of me (no I AM NOT A FAN OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE) or some of the other fans in my "circle" so for us to vote for fan of the year i think would be too tough and to be honest probably not worth it becasue some will get offened and not come back and post and then we lose a good poster over nothing really you know what i mean?

QUOTE(Dossman @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826354061[/snapback]

All you folks are great. I enjoy getting on here and reading what you write.

AuntKim, I thought I had you picked out at the Forrest/Eagleville game the other night, wrong!

The lady was very gracious and I don't think she turned me in as a stalker.

You're #1!

Shoot, I should have been looking for you too, maybe we can meet at the Districts ......I find you very gracious and enjoy reading your posts Dossman, you are a wonderful ambassador for Eagleville and the sport! Hint: I am a lot older that my avatar shows, wished I looked more like her ....but I do have red hair

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826354059[/snapback]

it's a blast getting on here and having some fun with others and stirring it up...I get a kick out of it...

Hey Swanson, you and Muffin should also be on the short list.

And I have to also give a nod to 7AWatcher. He sent me a present last year!!!!

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826354083[/snapback]

I vote for jamieroper for Alabama High School Fan of the yr.

It honor of the Richland Lady Raiders, I accept the nomination!!!

Our game tonight was cancelled against Lauderdale County (Alabama). That means only 2 of our last 3 are against Alabama Teams. Ardmore and West Limestone.