Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chindit @ May 1 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826449054[/snapback]I believe I will try to go for a few minutes today, my own bad self. Torseq2 sez he won't be seen with me, but any of the rest of you fellers, I hope to see you in the bleachers.

JR. MONGO got ball game at 5

Little MONGO got ball game at 6

Old MONGO got lot going on BUT "STILL LIKE CANDY"

QUOTE(Black & Gold 4-ever @ May 1 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826449082[/snapback]You left too early Sid. the fun came when they came together and did some hitting. I seen some hard hits out there! Even though it was hot and I know the kids were tired, several of them put on a pretty good show for coach and his crew. I really liked the positive reinforcement coming from all the coaches. I'm use to hearing coaches yelling because players weren't doing thier jobs or refs made a bad call, well yesterday I heard alot of yelling but it was because of a good block or a big hit on a ball carrier. I have to admit it gave me chill bumps seeing this. I can honestly say probably for the first time I am proud to be a parent of a future Sequoyah Chief. I know my son was all excited as he watched. Can't wait for Fall.

Glad to here about the hard hitting in practice it sounds like we are off to a good start. When a scrimmage roles around whether it is home or away lets show our support and try for a real big turnout. Nothing makes a statement like a big crowd.

QUOTE(chindit @ May 1 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826449054[/snapback]I believe I will try to go for a few minutes today, my own bad self. Torseq2 sez he won't be seen with me, but any of the rest of you fellers, I hope to see you in the bleachers.

I saw you leaving early yesterday.You should have stuck around.Plumb hurt my feelings,sitting there by myself,and I even showered before I went.Seriously,my son was very enthused about practice,said there was some aggressive hitting and coaching going on.A few times he thought coach Summey was going to jump so high from excitement he might touch the moon.All the boys seem to be responding well and working hard.Tuesday night is the Loudon scrimmage.It will be interesting to see how far they progress in a week.Obviously,they will be behind offensively,learning a new system,but it should be fun.Get on board the momentum train,full steam ahead!

QUOTE(BlueQB12 @ May 2 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826450042[/snapback]I saw you leaving early yesterday.You should have stuck around.Plumb hurt my feelings,sitting there by myself,and I even showered before I went.Seriously,my son was very enthused about practice,said there was some aggressive hitting and coaching going on.A few times he thought coach Summey was going to jump so high from excitement he might touch the moon.All the boys seem to be responding well and working hard.Tuesday night is the Loudon scrimmage.It will be interesting to see how far they progress in a week.Obviously,they will be behind offensively,learning a new system,but it should be fun.Get on board the momentum train,full steam ahead!

It is great that there is some excitement down there again, can not wait to see the team in action. Scrimmage- HOME OR AWAY.

Hey, some of you warhorses, and you know who you are, thanks for all the advice on bleachers for the kickball field. I ask the soccermoms to get together next tuesday night and I intend to sell them on the idea. Whils't the grand questions of life, liberty and who the AD is gonna be are being worked out, I can move the chains.

On Saturday, August 11, when 15 other highschools visit Sequoyah for a WOMENS soccer jamboree, I'm going to have bleachers on the soccer side, a functioning concession stand (thanks to L Mc) restrooms and one entrance.

Friday Morning philosophy:

"It is amazing how much people can get done, if they don't mind who get's the credit" Sandra Swinney

"You can't push a string" Dwight Eisenhower

"We must all hang together or most assuredly, we will all hang separately" Benjamine Franklin

"Gettin' good players is easy, gettin' em to play together is the hard part" Casey Stengle

"Win together, Lose together, play together, stay together" Deborah Mancuso

(and my personal favorite)

"Ten points from Griffendor; for being an insufferable know it all" Severaus Snape, Potions Master

Great post chindit, glad some suggestions were made. Let me be the first to say, if you need any help setting anything up or doing anything, let me know. I am not just saying this, I mean it. I know that will be a major undertaking and you will need people to get involved. I don't know what to do, but if you tell me, I will do it, even if it is just directing traffic.

HEY SID

What coaches are working in what areas?

How many kids are out?

Are you really surprised by the response that Coach Summey has recieved by trying to bring discipline to Sequoyah? Deep down inside I knew that Monroe County was not quite ready for a man like Coach Summey. I like his old school approach, but the parents have been trying to run the show for too long for this to be an easy transition. I hope things settle down, and he is allowed to keep doing the things that he has been doing.

QUOTE(slobber knocker @ May 4 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826451819[/snapback]HEY SID

What coaches are working in what areas?

How many kids are out?

Are you really surprised by the response that Coach Summey has recieved by trying to bring discipline to Sequoyah? Deep down inside I knew that Monroe County was not quite ready for a man like Coach Summey. I like his old school approach, but the parents have been trying to run the show for too long for this to be an easy transition. I hope things settle down, and he is allowed to keep doing the things that he has been doing.

Coach Gregory with backs,coach Berrong with d-backs and linebackers,coaches Justice and Davidson with linemen(BIG SKILL PEOPLE) coach Roberts with coaches Berrong and Gregory and coach Summey everywhere,seemingly all at the same time. 33 were at practice today,with around 20 involved in other sports and 25-40 fall freshmen will be coming in.As to the rest of your post,ME TOO!!!!