DII state individuals

couldntthinkofaname

QUOTE(walkenvol @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826359792[/snapback]

There have been numerous posters to this board who in their estimation thought the younger Simpson was ahead of the oldest Simpson at this point - quite the compliment. Obviously he has access to a wealth of coaching from his father and 4 older bros. I find it more a shocker anyone would think he would not be wrestling really well at this point. I doubt he would beat Baucke 10 out of 10 times and he has proven he would not lose 10 out of 10. Should be the most interesting 103 tourney in recent memory considering the rest of the field.

Very good observation I wonder how 103, 112, 119 would come out if d1 and d2 were combined? Any thoughts there?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(walkenvol @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826359792[/snapback]

There have been numerous posters to this board who in their estimation thought the younger Simpson was ahead of the oldest Simpson at this point - quite the compliment. Obviously he has access to a wealth of coaching from his father and 4 older bros. I find it more a shocker anyone would think he would not be wrestling really well at this point. I doubt he would beat Baucke 10 out of 10 times and he has proven he would not lose 10 out of 10. Should be the most interesting 103 tourney in recent memory considering the rest of the field.

JMO, but Mark Simpson may be a little behind due to the fact he was not allowed to wrestle varsity or practice with the varsity until his middle school season was over.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826359839[/snapback]

Very good observation I wonder how 103, 112, 119 would come out if d1 and d2 were combined? Any thoughts there?

Having seen most of the best at those weights it would be an absolute dog fight. I hesitate to hazard predicitions on just the DII state tournament so I wouldn't want to go into combining them!

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826359839[/snapback]

103 It would be an absolute DOG fight with Jeremy Miller, 8th grader from Greenback HS. who beat Simpson at Ryan, Talon Noman from Overton,that nearly lost to Miller from Greenback at Ryan, Baucke from CBHS, who lost to Simpson in the duals, Simpson from MBA that lost to Manley from Baylor in the duals. Then you have to figure Matt King from Greenville and Justin Hammons from Soddy Daisy as being a factor. It would be difficult to call this one with so much talent.

112 I believe Bailey Whitaker would pin or tech Francise from MBA. However, Tee Boone from Notre Dame and Randolph can't be taken lightly. Not to mention the top DOG in Div I at 112 from Cleveland, Josh Jadoobersingh. However, it's my opinion that Whitaker could win the 112 state title in either division.

119 Young Duncan is indeed a very good wreslter and should win the state at 119 as an 8th grader. However, if you were to combine the two divisions my money is on Adamson from Notre Dame.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Feb 6 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826360666[/snapback]

103 It would be an absolute DOG fight with Jeremy Miller, 8th grader from Greenback HS. who beat Simpson at Ryan, Talon Noman from Overton,that nearly lost to Miller from Greenback at Ryan, Baucke from CBHS, who lost to Simpson in the duals, Simpson from MBA that lost to Manley from Baylor in the duals. Then you have to figure Matt King from Greenville and Justin Hammons from Soddy Daisy as being a factor. It would be difficult to call this one with so much talent.

112 I believe Bailey Whitaker would pin or tech Francise from MBA. However, Tee Boone from Notre Dame and Randolph can't be taken lightly. Not to mention the top DOG in Div I at 112 from Cleveland, Josh Jadoobersingh. However, it's my opinion that Whitaker could win the 112 state title in either division.

119 Young Duncan is indeed a very good wreslter and should win the state at 119 as an 8th grader. However, if you were to combine the two divisions my money is on Adamson from Notre Dame.

I would agree with a lot of what you posted but there is definitley one glaring ommission at 119. Demetrius Johnson. If you were goign to go into that much depth on the other two weights you can't leave him out at 119.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Feb 6 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826360666[/snapback]

At 119, I can't believe there is anyone that would take Demetrius Johnson. Although I think a lot of Duncan, and believe he will win one if not two championships in High School. I don't believe he could beat Johnson.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826356411[/snapback]

Alex Manley (Baylor) over Daniel Baucke (CBHS) or Mark Simpson (MBA)-decision

Bailey Whitaker (Baylor) over Jeff Francis (MBA)-major decision

Duncan (McCallie) over Carney (CBHS)-major decision

John Micheal Simpson (MBA) over John Mark Sloan (Father Ryan)-major decision

Patrick Marchetti (Father Ryan) over Joe Young (McCallie)-decision

Ben Johnson (Baylor) VS. Justin Cash (Brentwood Academy)-toss up

Zach Goss (McCallie) over Jeffrey Townes (Brentwood Academy)-decision

Josh Baucke (CBHS) over Chance Hayes (Baylor)-decision

Reed Doster (Baylor) VS. Yoseph Beki (Brentwood Academy)-toss up

Dan Waddell (Baylor) over Goodrum (Father Ryan)-major decision

Darius Williams (CBHS) over Aaron Bateman (Father Ryan)-decision

Kevin Mix (Father Ryan) over Zach Gordon (MUS)-decision

Jabari Tuani (Brentwood Academy) over Ben Bartholomew (MBA)-decision

285:

Zach Herman (Father Ryan) over McClain Still (Baylor)-decision

I pick waters (Webb) at 103

QUOTE(Tre'_Waters @ Feb 6 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826361051[/snapback]

I pick waters (Webb) at 103

LOL- no offense to the Webb kid but it is not even close. I'll give odds the D-2 103 champion is either Manley, Baucke , or Simpson. Manley would be the favorite out of the top 3 but either of the others could get hot and come up with the upset.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826360666[/snapback]

This year Manley has beaten Miller, Simpson, King, Hammons and his only losses are to Ga wrestler. 112 would be very close. 119 adamson and Johnson way ahead of the field.