Clarksville

bear cat brown

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whiskeyjoe @ Feb 1 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826354849[/snapback]

I've not seen the official itinerary either, but I expect the fun and frivolity will commence at the Holiday Inn on Wilma Drive (right by Exit 4 off I-24) shortly after the D 1 7:30 matches end. I spoke briefly with the folks at the Holiday Inn today, and they seem to be a likable, tolerant bunch. I think they'll be much more accommodating of us than the there'll-be-no-more-fun-of-any-kind manager dude at the place where we stayed last year.

Can somebody tell me if the posted times for the matches is central or eastern

QUOTE(whiskeyjoe @ Feb 1 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826354849[/snapback]

I've not seen the official itinerary either, but I expect the fun and frivolity will commence at the Holiday Inn on Wilma Drive (right by Exit 4 off I-24) shortly after the D 1 7:30 matches end. I spoke briefly with the folks at the Holiday Inn today, and they seem to be a likable, tolerant bunch. I think they'll be much more accommodating of us than the there'll-be-no-more-fun-of-any-kind manager dude at the place where we stayed last year.

WJ, you Deaddux and I sure didn't accomplish much with the management team at the Fairfield. In hindsight I am amazed; I didn't expect much from DD and me but, after all, persuasion is your profession. Have fun at the Holiday Inn.

Bear Cat and Harry:

Your orders are simple: Win or else.

1. Bring home the gold medal.

2. In that other competition, leave no man (or woman) standing. This shouldn't be difficult given the training and coaching I contributed to you two this season. You've learned from the best, so I expect a complete and total rout.

Should you fail in this capacity, acknowledgement of your existence will, of course, be denied. If you succeed, I'll reward you by letting you win one on the pool table.

Just stay focused on the task and don't go wobbly [!?] on me lest you face the wrath and poison pen of a lesser known poster, you DO NOT want to upset him! I'll see you two at our next strategy session prior to the Regionals and expect a full report.

QUOTE(Herm @ Feb 1 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826354780[/snapback]

Dear Mr. Brown,

I feel certain that skirt BHS78 will bury you and Uncly Harry in the closing competition. Alas, my caravan will be arriving in Clarksville Saturday morning, well rested.

... ridin'out of Montgomery County see Bear handcuffed to the bumper of a state trooper's ford...

GO IRISH !!!