The Best Freshmen Team In East Tennessee

coachinhoops

Cleveland High School is loaded. They defeated the Lenoir City freshmen by 20 today at Lenoir City. Extremely athletic and deep. Good shooters, well coached, uptempo pressing basketball team. I was very proud of the Panthers' effort, down 21 at the half and played essentially even in the second half. Cleveland will definately be a force over the next few years. LC you guys still have alot of work to do, and I hope you stay focused and hungry, because you have alot of potential.

QUOTE(coachinhoops @ Feb 3 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826357094[/snapback]

Cleveland High School is loaded. They defeated the Lenoir City freshmen by 20 today at Lenoir City. Extremely athletic and deep. Good shooters, well coached, uptempo pressing basketball team. I was very proud of the Panthers' effort, down 21 at the half and played essentially even in the second half. Cleveland will definately be a force over the next few years. LC you guys still have alot of work to do, and I hope you stay focused and hungry, because you have alot of potential.

yea i went to this game, Cleveland didnt play well, looked a lil sluggish than normal, maybe because it was early. LC has a good group of freshman, #35 is really good

i have seen these freshman of L.C. play they were out played up and down the floor hood was o.k. but they made him look like a freshman. maybe we need to consider letting these guys practice against the best players in practice instead of against the l.c. girls team they might get a little more tougher.they played hard but they were out physicalled in the paint and perimeter.cleveland is very well coached and well conditioned!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have to agree with the next to the last post. To be the best of the best you have to play the best. I know Coach Williams is short on the coaching staff end this year and I understand that and I'm not blaming anyone but you don't get better playing against the lenoir city girls varsity. No disrespect but they are aweful. I just about bet you Cleveland doesn't practice against girls. What's sad is the freshmen boys were emberassed by that game yesterday and they shouldn't have been. If these boys are going to stay "hungry" they are going to have to know what's expected out of them. You can't tell them to "play tough" when you have Coach Lee telling them to "not be so rough" or sitting one of them out because they block a girls shot. You can't have it both ways and sending them off to play with the girls unfortunately has back fired and has taught some of them to play soft. Last thing Tyler Hood did play a good game yesterday. Here's my problem with the attention that kid gets. When he first came to LC he was playing freshmen, JV and Varsity. Like I said playing the best of the best will make you better that's exactly what has happened here Tyler has gotten better. He is alot better now than he was when he first came to LC, I think you see my point. Not to mention how many more games he plays and I don't think I have ever seen or heard of him practicing with the girls. If all three of your post players would have been playing up they would have ALL be dominating yesterday. The reason I don't mention your guards is because they are to small. ALL of your post players have size and should have been playing up. They needed the experience for next season.

Cumberland Gap is absolutely loaded at the 9th grade level.....They easily won a Christmas Tourney that included Oliver Springs, Loudon, Clinton, Anderson County, Scott, Oneida, Powell, and a few others.....They were athletic with very solid shooters and 4-5 kids over 6/3.....

QUOTE(chill @ Feb 4 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826357798[/snapback]

Cumberland Gap is absolutely loaded at the 9th grade level.....They easily won a Christmas Tourney that included Oliver Springs, Loudon, Clinton, Anderson County, Scott, Oneida, Powell, and a few others.....They were athletic with very solid shooters and 4-5 kids over 6/3.....

call cleveland you'll see a real good freshman team, the best i've ever seen..