Brentwood Academy (19-2) vs. Liberty (25-3)

mfalc04

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 4 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826358735[/snapback]

Last year, Liberty played Mitchell with 3 D1 players and they still won. Liberty is on another level this year and they will not be denied. Liberty is playing at home tomorrow and BA is in trouble.

People seem to forget that all omnipotent Liberty is playing the 4 time defending state champs. BA is no gimme like everyone is saying.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(matt86 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826358992[/snapback]

People seem to forget that all omnipotent Liberty is playing the 4 time defending state champs. BA is no gimme like everyone is saying.

hello everyone,just to let you know that we will be broadcating the game on the radio on 101.5 FM in Jackson.If you are not in range you can listen to the game at wnws.com,click on the audio icon and stream it live if you would like to hear the game.It should be alot of fun. Sea Bass

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 4 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826358467[/snapback]

Ha!! For the game I believe Liberty will win by about 15...I got to see Brentwood showcase last year at the Oman Arena against Bolivar last year and boy did Brandan Wright put on a show with a one handed jam over a Bolivar defender and that was just at the very beginning of the game...Wright's brother I believe it was was a pretty solid player..I think he's back with them this year..Don't know what else they all have

I saw Brentwood Acd play Union City in Nashville at The Battle for the State Tournament in December....They played that game without two starters,Brian Wright and Bill Kottas....They were a real good team without those guys....I don't think the Eagles will be in awe coming into Jackson to play....They have played some big games over the last couple of years in hostile gyms....They have Bill Kottas(6'1" SR.),Brian Wright(6'5"SR),Brandon Brown(6'6"SR)John Garrett(6'1"SR) and Jacob Stallings(6'4"JR)....They are tough to rebound on and they are fundamentally sound..They have some other big guys that come off the bench that are 6'5",6'6" and 6'5"...Like someone said,they are 4 time defending D-II champs,so they are used to winning...Union City's speed did hurt them,so Liberty will definitely give them trouble in that area...I imagine there will be a huge crowd at Liberty tonite and that will also give them a big advantage....Folks that are thinking this will be an easy game probably will be disappointed..I think Liberty will win the game but it will be under 10 points...

If Liberty only has a 6 deep rotation, they will not blow out BA. They do a good job of keeping their players fresh. They play 10 players and substitute liberally. Brian Wright is a lot better than people think. He isn't on his brother's level, but he is no slouch.

Should be a good game, i don't see it being a blowout. Stallings is the x-factor, if he shoots well BA usually wins. He can shoot from half court.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826359069[/snapback]

If Liberty only has a 6 deep rotation, they will not blow out BA. They do a good job of keeping their players fresh. They play 10 players and substitute liberally. Brian Wright is a lot better than people think. He isn't on his brother's level, but he is no slouch.

Should be a good game, i don't see it being a blowout. Stallings is the x-factor, if he shoots well BA usually wins. He can shoot from half court.

Liberty goes further than six deep. The height of BA will not be a factor because Liberty rebounds with the best teams in the country. I think Liberty will win this game by at least 10pts. The national teams Liberty has faced this year has them more than prepared for this game.

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 5 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826359149[/snapback]

Liberty goes further than six deep. The height of BA will not be a factor because Liberty rebounds with the best teams in the country. I think Liberty will win this game by at least 10pts. The national teams Liberty has faced this year has them more than prepared for this game.

BA can beat Liberty i'm telling you. its unfair to say thats the teams liberty has faced this year will have them more prepared since the whole ba roster went through nearly the same schedule last year that Liberty has faced this year. i mean sure they dont have brandan and josh, but the BA guys can play. brandon brown is one of the better rebounders and brian wright has a very underrated outside jumper. they press well and liberty may be more athletic, but if bill kottas, who was BAs pg last year, can keep his cool and jacob stallings can hit some early 3s....BA has a legit shot....im telling you

QUOTE(mattsells @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826359239[/snapback]

BA can beat Liberty i'm telling you. its unfair to say thats the teams liberty has faced this year will have them more prepared since the whole ba roster went through nearly the same schedule last year that Liberty has faced this year. i mean sure they dont have brandan and josh, but the BA guys can play. brandon brown is one of the better rebounders and brian wright has a very underrated outside jumper. they press well and liberty may be more athletic, but if bill kottas, who was BAs pg last year, can keep his cool and jacob stallings can hit some early 3s....BA has a legit shot....im telling you

I agree that they have a legit shot at winning, but Liberty will be too much for them. Brandon Wright & Bone made a huge difference in that team last year. BA is good but they are only a shell of what they was last year. Liberty has faced top notched talent this year and BA has only faced good to decent talent at best. If BA was so good in comparison to last year, then the schedule would have reflected differently this year. The difference in tonight game would be the home crowd. Liberty will win this game in a hard fought battle by 10pts.

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826359250[/snapback]

I agree that they have a legit shot at winning, but Liberty will be too much for them. Brandon Wright & Bone made a huge difference in that team last year. BA is good but they are only a shell of what they was last year. Liberty has faced top notched talent this year and BA has only faced good to decent talent at best. If BA was so good in comparison to last year, then the schedule would have reflected differently this year. The difference in tonight game would be the home crowd. Liberty will win this game in a hard fought battle by 10pts.

First things first, this will be an unbelievable game - arguably the state's two best teams.

All I've heard about this game is Liberty's schedule, strength of opponents, etc. I'll use the argument that Liberty fans have made to argue against them. Last year Mitchell played a "national schedule" must like BA did last year and Liberty this year. As we all know, Liberty outplayed and outcoached the much more "individually talented" Mitchell team playing more as team. Next, we can all agree that BA was incredible last year with Brandan and Josh, but having watched BA a couple of times last year I would say that their "team concept" was basically Brandan and Josh (no one can argue with that, as Brandan and Josh scored over half their points each game), with everyone else playing supporting roles. This year's team is much like Liberty's team last year - no real superstar, just a bunch of guys playing for each other, playing better team basketball than last year.

All that to say, opponents and strength of schedule pretty much mean nothing in this game because all of the players in this game will have played against unbelievable competition - and I would argue that these BA players have played better competition the past two years (Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson, Jamie Graham, Kemp and Chism, etc., and Brandan and Josh every day). Like someone said earlier, playing at Liberty isn't anything new to these guys, they've played in much more hostile environments.

It will be a great game with two great teams.

QUOTE(matt86 @ Feb 5 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826359300[/snapback]

First things first, this will be an unbelievable game - arguably the state's two best teams.

All I've heard about this game is Liberty's schedule, strength of opponents, etc. I'll use the argument that Liberty fans have made to argue against them. Last year Mitchell played a "national schedule" must like BA did last year and Liberty this year. As we all know, Liberty outplayed and outcoached the much more "individually talented" Mitchell team playing more as team. Next, we can all agree that BA was incredible last year with Brandan and Josh, but having watched BA a couple of times last year I would say that their "team concept" was basically Brandan and Josh (no one can argue with that, as Brandan and Josh scored over half their points each game), with everyone else playing supporting roles. This year's team is much like Liberty's team last year - no real superstar, just a bunch of guys playing for each other, playing better team basketball than last year.

All that to say, opponents and strength of schedule pretty much mean nothing in this game because all of the players in this game will have played against unbelievable competition - and I would argue that these BA players have played better competition the past two years (Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson, Jamie Graham, Kemp and Chism, etc., and Brandan and Josh every day). Like someone said earlier, playing at Liberty isn't anything new to these guys, they've played in much more hostile environments.

It will be a great game with two great teams.

Liberty has played against all those players except Graham, Henderson, Ellington, but they have played everybody else including a ton of Memphis players. Liberty has also played better ranked teams this year than BA played last year and this year combined. For example, Oak Hill ( 2 or 3 D1 signees), Lake Howell (3 D1 signees), Raleight Egypt, Martei Dei, Dr. Krop, Monsignor Pace, Aston American Christian, Pk Yonge, Science Hill, Alton Illinois and several other top teams.