Victor McLin

balla210

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Mar 17 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826415243[/snapback]Two years ago no one from Dyersburg gave a thought about transferring to Dyer County. I applaude Derek McCord. Brian Brown couldn't carry his clipboard. But "let's quit all this bandwagon jumping". Victor McLin will benefit from a Rudisell or a Sisco IF he listens to them. Not everyone in the stands is a coach. They might think they are but they aren't. Rudisell put Chism and Kemp at UT and Memphis. The last time I checked they were playing in the NCAA tournament plust they won a couple of state titles. So Victor take this from someone who is watching as a neutral observer: Your game needs work. You have the height to play at a mid major. Ball handling, shot selection, fudamentals all could be improved. Jump ship go to "another school" to play for a winner, ( Dyer County if you are lucky to get in) and you might end up at UT Martin if you are lucky. 6-5 post players in this day and age are a dime a dozen. Hang around for your sr.season. Get GOOD coaching from a proven winner. You will benefit from it in the long run IMO. Like I said my children are grown, but Dyersburg will be fine once the right coach is in place. And trust me.... He will be.

I totally agree with you Stevie. Victor would be much better off stayin in Dyerburg. And with the underated talent they have coming back and the right coach they will just as good if not better than Dyer Co. Victor is an exellent ball player. Much better than Justin Blake He just needs to work on makin his shot "better" he can already shoot. Justin blake has no Defense, cant dribble, drive the ball, or rebound. If he cant get that set three he is worthless. I only go to Dyersburg games to watch McLin play and from what i hear there is alot more to look forward to next. Not only from him but that glynn and pierce kid. So, look for the trojans to be a force to reckon with this year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(balla210 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826426574[/snapback]Justin blake has no Defense, cant dribble, drive the ball, or rebound. If he cant get that set three he is worthless.

Yeah, pretty sorry. Just worthless enough to make the All State Tourny Team. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I guess you wasn't at the Dyersburg game at Newbern. Who was it that got the steal (out of bounds play) then the winning drive to the basket with 2 seconds left?

QUOTE(N2Choctaws @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826426591[/snapback]Yeah, pretty sorry. Just worthless enough to make the All State Tourny Team. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I guess you wasn't at the Dyersburg game at Newbern. Who was it that got the steal (out of bounds play) then the winning drive to the basket with 2 seconds left?

Yea, I think it was the same player who benefitted from the referees choking on their whistles at the end... Glynn was PUSHED!

Victor needs to hang around. Dyersburg has got ALOT of talent coming back. McLin can only benefit from a REALLY GOOD coach. Those kids that went to Dyer County had no competition to compete with. Dyersburg had some kids who could play. Mclin, Pierce, Glynn, Mitchell, AND THOSE 3 left. So if Dyer County has all this talent that I hear is going up there or waiting in the wings, then we will see what kind of coach McCord really is; There is only one basketball I know all Five starters return but will players be happy riding the pine? And Dyer County will go from being the hunter to the hunted. They will not "sneak" up on anybody this year. Can McCord keep everyone's head out of the clouds? Can he keep players from listening to the hype and getting the "Bighead"? Will they stay focused and hungry? If everyone goes to Dyer County that I hear is going to Dyer County then, I see some "EGOS" being damaged. Never was a Brian Brown fan, don't know the guy personally but didn't like his style. If Dyersburg brings in a Rudisell or a Sisco then watch out. They have enough returning players to be a force..... And McLin and his game can only improve......

what some people wont see never stops amazing me. justin blake made all-state and all-tounament in the 'buro and you are still hating on him. you act like jilted girls. give everyone their props. victor mclin is a great talent. blake is too. you guys need to understand that any coach that comes to the 'burg will be browns replacement to his sons. what will that do to the chemistry it takes to run a team. as far as there being no competition at dc for the three transfers, there wasnt any competition at d'burg. 2-0 against d'burg says it all. if you want a bigger example of refs swallowing thier whistles look at the scorebook from the game at d'burg.

Ain't nobody "hating on Justin Blake or any other kid that goes to Dyer County. Wish them well and good luck in the future. But if you think that Dyersburg went to the trouble to fire Brian Brown then have another coach come in and Cater to just Brian Browns kids then you are freaking Nuts!. Everybody seems to be OK with the football program because they went to the semis. Everyone seems to be ok with girls basketball because they went to the state finals last year and were in the region this year. SO YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT BOYS BASKETBALL IS THE ONLY SPORT WHERE THE SO CALLED SYSTEM CALLS THE SHOTS! I CALL BS! Rick Rudisell was in Dyersburg this week. And apparently he is interested or he wouldn't be over here. And Brian Brown ( whom I never liked his style of coaching OR playing his kids above better athletes) is gone. Think the school system is just going to target Boys Basketball? Yeah, right. There are no rich kids playing boys basketball. You have the two browns and the Berradi kid and who else? Everybody is beating that horse to death. And the talent that is walking around in those halls....... If they get Rick Rudisell (and apparently he is interested or he wouldn't have driven almost 2 hours to get over here) then he will take the remaing talent and kick some ######..... You think Dyersburg is gonna pay big money and tell Rudisell who to play? What's gonna be funny is this year will tell how good a coach McCord is. Can he keep everyone's head from getting to big? Here he is gonna have a deep bench.... Wonder who is gonna raise heck about "enough playing time". Rick Rudisell had Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism... He has the CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS....... And he knows what he is doing....... Dyersburg isn't going to keep losing money with kids leaving...... If the kids weren't leaving, nothing would have ever been done.... They want that bank account looking BETTER... They will land a "Name" coach". Bank on it. Gonna hire a coach just to coach the two Brown kids.....LOL....ha,ha,ha, ha,........ That's funny.......What the heck does Brian Brown contribute?........He is no "huge donor to the athletic dept...... Oh, that's funny...... What will be funny is when Rudisell or whomever they hire starts winning..... then alot of kids who are in 9th or 10th grade at DC want to come BACK to Dyersburg and jump on the bandwagon and they won't be allowed......Hire a coach to just coach Brian Brown's kids.....That's hilarious!

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Apr 3 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826429183[/snapback]Ain't nobody "hating on Justin Blake or any other kid that goes to Dyer County. Wish them well and good luck in the future. But if you think that Dyersburg went to the trouble to fire Brian Brown then have another coach come in and Cater to just Brian Browns kids then you are freaking Nuts!. Everybody seems to be OK with the football program because they went to the semis. Everyone seems to be ok with girls basketball because they went to the state finals last year and were in the region this year. SO YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT BOYS BASKETBALL IS THE ONLY SPORT WHERE THE SO CALLED SYSTEM CALLS THE SHOTS! I CALL BS! Rick Rudisell was in Dyersburg this week. And apparently he is interested or he wouldn't be over here. And Brian Brown ( whom I never liked his style of coaching OR playing his kids above better athletes) is gone. Think the school system is just going to target Boys Basketball? Yeah, right. There are no rich kids playing boys basketball. You have the two browns and the Berradi kid and who else? Everybody is beating that horse to death. And the talent that is walking around in those halls....... If they get Rick Rudisell (and apparently he is interested or he wouldn't have driven almost 2 hours to get over here) then he will take the remaing talent and kick some ######..... You think Dyersburg is gonna pay big money and tell Rudisell who to play? What's gonna be funny is this year will tell how good a coach McCord is. Can he keep everyone's head from getting to big? Here he is gonna have a deep bench.... Wonder who is gonna raise heck about "enough playing time". Rick Rudisell had Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism... He has the CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS....... And he knows what he is doing....... Dyersburg isn't going to keep losing money with kids leaving...... If the kids weren't leaving, nothing would have ever been done.... They want that bank account looking BETTER... They will land a "Name" coach". Bank on it. Gonna hire a coach just to coach the two Brown kids.....LOL....ha,ha,ha, ha,........ That's funny.......What the heck does Brian Brown contribute?........He is no "huge donor to the athletic dept...... Oh, that's funny...... What will be funny is when Rudisell or whomever they hire starts winning..... then alot of kids who are in 9th or 10th grade at DC want to come BACK to Dyersburg and jump on the bandwagon and they won't be allowed......Hire a coach to just coach Brian Brown's kids.....That's hilarious!

Do you support Dyersburg or not??? I can't tell by your post you made...your happy about Rick Rudesill coming to Dburg (FYI Dburg doesn't have a Willie Kemp,Wayne Chism) however Rudesill is a great coach and if he comes to Dyersburg I think he puts them in the running for a District runner-up....sorry but you guys will not win over Dyer Co. next year WITH or WITHOUT a Rudisell or a Sisco....anyhow I look for Dburg to compete next year...GOOD LUCK to your guys...don't bash the Brown kids either just because they were the coaches son etc...their high school kids!!!!

Do I support Dyersburg High school athletics absolutely..... Read the post.... I said that Brian Brown played his kids ahead of BETTER ATHLETES, I am not bashing the kids, they are the sons of a coach, they can't help who they are or the position they are put in. What I am bashing is the POSTERS WHO CLAIM THAT WHOEVER IS HIRED WILL BE MADE BY THE SCHOOL SYSTEM TO FAVOR THE BROWN CHILDREN. I call BS! And there were times where he did play his kids above better athletes but he also pulled out "shooters with the hot hand" and replaced them with other kids who were no relation to him. The guy is better off coaching baseball. And they still have a heck of a team coming back next year.... And yeah there is no Kemp or Chism walking the halls at DHS or anywhere else in this region. But Rudisell took the GIRLS TEAM to the region and they only won a FEW games a couple of years ago. Yes I am a Dyersburg fan. My daughter who lives with her mother goes to Dyer County. But to say that a coach will be hired to coach "JUST THE BROWN KIDS" is crazy. If they can play, play them.... But "whoever coaches won't "be made by the SYSTEM to treat those kids any different than anybody else".... That's what I said was nuts... There are NO RICH KIDS PLAYING BOYS BASKETBALL..... That's what I am sick of hearing. All the anti-Dyersburg posters keep claiming the "RICH KIDS" and BROWNS KIDS will play..... I say What rich kids? And if the new coach thinks they can play, play them.... Alot of time the worse thing a kid can do is play for his/her parent..... Too much pressure and Too much is expected!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Apr 3 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826429183[/snapback]Ain't nobody "hating on Justin Blake or any other kid that goes to Dyer County. Wish them well and good luck in the future. But if you think that Dyersburg went to the trouble to fire Brian Brown then have another coach come in and Cater to just Brian Browns kids then you are freaking Nuts!. Everybody seems to be OK with the football program because they went to the semis. Everyone seems to be ok with girls basketball because they went to the state finals last year and were in the region this year. SO YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT BOYS BASKETBALL IS THE ONLY SPORT WHERE THE SO CALLED SYSTEM CALLS THE SHOTS! I CALL BS! Rick Rudisell was in Dyersburg this week. And apparently he is interested or he wouldn't be over here. And Brian Brown ( whom I never liked his style of coaching OR playing his kids above better athletes) is gone. Think the school system is just going to target Boys Basketball? Yeah, right. There are no rich kids playing boys basketball. You have the two browns and the Berradi kid and who else? Everybody is beating that horse to death. And the talent that is walking around in those halls....... If they get Rick Rudisell (and apparently he is interested or he wouldn't have driven almost 2 hours to get over here) then he will take the remaing talent and kick some ######..... You think Dyersburg is gonna pay big money and tell Rudisell who to play? What's gonna be funny is this year will tell how good a coach McCord is. Can he keep everyone's head from getting to big? Here he is gonna have a deep bench.... Wonder who is gonna raise heck about "enough playing time". Rick Rudisell had Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism... He has the CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS....... And he knows what he is doing....... Dyersburg isn't going to keep losing money with kids leaving...... If the kids weren't leaving, nothing would have ever been done.... They want that bank account looking BETTER... They will land a "Name" coach". Bank on it. Gonna hire a coach just to coach the two Brown kids.....LOL....ha,ha,ha, ha,........ That's funny.......What the heck does Brian Brown contribute?........He is no "huge donor to the athletic dept...... Oh, that's funny...... What will be funny is when Rudisell or whomever they hire starts winning..... then alot of kids who are in 9th or 10th grade at DC want to come BACK to Dyersburg and jump on the bandwagon and they won't be allowed......Hire a coach to just coach Brian Brown's kids.....That's hilarious!

So who do you guys honestly think is better between the two? My pick is McLin cause i just enjoy seein the kid play, but, not takin anything away from Blake.

Give me some your opinions......

Both need to work on their game.... Mclin needs to listen to whomever his new coach is and improve his game... Work on his outside shot, his ball handling...6-5 post players are a dime a dozen..... to play on the next level he will have to be a small forward IMO.... And that means stepping out and hitting the "3" as well as hitting the boards..... As far as Blake goes... He needs to improve his ballhandling.... work on GETTING HIS SHOT OFF WITH SOMEONE IN HIS FACE...... Blake is maybe 6'0 ......You don't see many 6-0 "2" or shooting guards in Div-1.... Not knocking the kid but can you see him trying to get off his shot when matched up with a 6'4'' 205 lb guard in college? He is a "scorer' but is gonna have to learn to move "WITHOUT" the ball..... And be able to get his shot off.... And being able to "dribble drive" and get to the hole and draw fouls would be a BIG step up in improving his game IMO......

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Apr 15 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826438148[/snapback]Both need to work on their game.... Mclin needs to listen to whomever his new coach is and improve his game... Work on his outside shot, his ball handling...6-5 post players are a dime a dozen..... to play on the next level he will have to be a small forward IMO.... And that means stepping out and hitting the "3" as well as hitting the boards..... As far as Blake goes... He needs to improve his ballhandling.... work on GETTING HIS SHOT OFF WITH SOMEONE IN HIS FACE...... Blake is maybe 6'0 ......You don't see many 6-0 "2" or shooting guards in Div-1.... Not knocking the kid but can you see him trying to get off his shot when matched up with a 6'4'' 205 lb guard in college? He is a "scorer' but is gonna have to learn to move "WITHOUT" the ball..... And be able to get his shot off.... And being able to "dribble drive" and get to the hole and draw fouls would be a BIG step up in improving his game IMO......

I've attended McLin's last few AAU games and the he has one oof the best outside shots on his team. So you can reall tell he has been workin to improve it. It looks very nice. He's going to be totally unstoppable next year.