Tri-County Seven 4 February, 2007

krichunaka

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826360265[/snapback]

1. Elizabethton-as long as they are on the juice

2. Cloudland-17 wins this year, soon to be 20

3. Happy Valley-they have climbed the ladder.

4. Unicoi- stick a fork in em' they're done.

5. Hampton-preparing to be spanked

6. Johnson County-they would definately beat Unaka

7. Unaka-right where they belong.

Hey King are ya there??? OOH OOH what happened tonite??? Your Lady Landers got a rude awakening. So put that in your pie hole and hush. Crow has been served

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snavely Gym, in spite of the weather, was again full to the doors for yet another Cloudland and Unaka classic. Much credit due the Highlanders and Lady Highlanders fans for filling nearly half the gym.

It's impossible to know now, the ultimate effect of this game, and it's almost as difficult to pick the key play, or plays that made up the 39 - 35 final. At Cloudland, Brooke Johnson got to the free-throw line and, as I remember, hit fourteen-of-fifteen. Tonight the point guard tandem of sophomore Andrea Lewis and freshman Natalie Johnson were able to keep Brooke from penetrating as effectively as in the first loss by Unaka, at Cloudland. That was probably the biggest turnaround from game one.

Kayla Winters and Brittany Scott were able to play the inside-outside/high-low post game pretty well, often getting the angle on the Lady Highlanders. Winters scored fifteen points, including the free-throw with 1.9 seconds remaining, that made it a two-possession game; Scott scored forteen. Sallee Taylor battled throughout, and gathered several rebounds. Taylor was scoreless, until hitting two huge free-throws with 1:56 remaining, putting Unaka up 36 - 33. Lewis hit a three in each of the first two quarters. Scott hit the only other three of the game. Natalie Johnson scored only two points, but played spectacularly, especially in helping to keep Brooke Johnson somewhat in check.

Unbelievably, Cloudland hit no three-pointers in this tenacious defensive game. It's probably been several years since that happened.

Rebecca Tolley led Cloudland with twelve; Brooke Johnson had seven; Sydnie Buchanan and Tiffanie Harrold each scored two points; Shelly McKinney had a half-dozen; Jessica Mathies matched her total from the Unaka at Cloudland game, with four; and most significantly, Santana Clawson scored only two points. She, and the other shooters for Cloudland, got a few looks, but the rim was merciless to the Lady 'Landers from outside. But Unaka rimmed several from outside as well.

Both teams created several turnovers with their tremendous defensive pressure; and that pressure also contributed to a lot of unforced turnovers by both teams.

Unaka, by splitting with Cloudland and North Greene, wins the third seed, and thus, avoids the coin toss for the play-in game.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826361774[/snapback]

There were several fouls under the goal that should've been called. When you've got pee-wee Herman and Stan Laurel reffing games in Carter Co., even a big underdog can have a chance. Just wait til tournaments when everything is neutral. Cloudland wins big and I MEAN BIG!

I will also be looking forward to Elizabethton once again being denied access to the state tournament! Whoooooo!!

Once again, King, I read and laugh. Folks, please don't think we are all like King.

Give credit where credit is due. The Lady Rangers played a really great game. My beloved Lady Landers couldn't get their shots to fall and post play was not up to what they can do. No, it wasn't the officiating! I thought the officials did a good job. The difference in the game was effort. Enough said. Congratulations to the Lady Rangers and Lady Landers, keep your heads up! It's tough to win on the creek.

Very well played game tonight by both teams. I agree with Krich Unaka brought a very tenacious defense to the table tonight contesting about every outside shot Santana Clawson shot and kept Brooke Johnson from hurting them inside the 3 point line because we all know when you allow her to penetrate and shoot uncontested 15 footers and have easy looks at the basket it is hard to stop her. But Unaka did a good job of knowing where she was at on the floor and not allowing her to get into the flow of the game very good defensive scheme by Unaka.

I believe people are starting to realize that even though this is a young Unaka team they are starting to grow up more as the season progresses and you cant underestimate this team because they have so many things they can throw at you defensively and offensively and it confuses alot of teams.

And truthfully I am not a Unaka fan nor Cloudland fan at heart just love watching good basketball games like last night and I have to agree with this guy that sat behind me in the stands and I said the same thing Unaka just has better athletes and shooters plain and simple and I belive that King is in for a rude awakening come 2 weeks from now because deep down Birchfield knows and if the King was smart enough to realize that Cloudland can not match up with Unaka.

Dont worry Highlander I believe that biker jacket of his is cutting off the circulation to his brain P.S hows the stock business treating you.