Tri-County Seven 4 February, 2007

krichunaka

First - Congratulations to the Lady Cyclones for answering every challenge. And contrary to the boasts of a certain guy in Roan Mountain, this is a tremendous group of Ladies who deserve much more respect. Region Two-AA is always a very tough draw for any of our teams, and this season is no exception; but the Lady Cyclones have the talent, leadership and depth for a legitimate shot at Murfreesboro. We should ALL offer our unwavering support. What a great group of Seniors.

Second - King, I'm very sorry to hear that I'm not liked, especially by one of my all-time favorite Roan Mountaineers, but I'd still buy her dinner any day of the week. Incidentally, I got to speak with her brother last night., and your father and sister. They've all, always been very good sports.

Third - Though it probably should be first - Highlander, Thanks for continuing to be a great sport, and for seeing this as it is: a Game. Incidentally, #23 did an excellent job, especially in running down what appeared a breakaway layup. I disagree slightly about the effort; but I haven't seen the Lady Highlanders that many times (I think six games to date). It just appeared to us, that Unaka managed to get some offensive mismatches at critical times; Kayla Winters and Brittany Scott are very quick off the dribble. It was a poor outside shooting night for both teams. None-from-three by the Lady Highlanders is probably a first since forever. I'll wager the Lady Highlanders have probably Never gone scoreless from three-point range. Unaka also rattled several threes. It was a combination of bad luck and great perimeter defense by both teams.

Coach Kenneth Chambers has spent the entire season drenching fires from nearly every direction. Add to that, the loss of three players who would've logged several minutes last night. Cloudland fans can relate. They lost enough players last season to field a conference championship team. Tuesday, Coach Chambers was able to get his starters enough minutes on the bench, to survive the amazing fourth-quarter pressure by Cloudland.

Ultimately, in searching for the Key reason for Unaka's win, it comes back to Natalie Johnson. Unaka Elementary coach, Bobbie Renee Blevins, told me last spring that Johnson was going to be special. A long way to go, experience-wise, but her ability to defend against Cloudland's outstanding point-guard/playmaker, Brooke Johnson, and to face the pressure from B J, and others, was the biggest difference from the game one loss in Roan Mountain.

And though scoreless, Kaleigh Elsea played a very good defensive game. And Defense was what it ultimately took to achieve victory.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826362056[/snapback]

First - Congratulations to the Lady Cyclones for answering every challenge. And contrary to the boasts of a certain guy in Roan Mountain, this is a tremendous group of Ladies who deserve much more respect. Region Two-AA is always a very tough draw for any of our teams, and this season is no exception; but the Lady Cyclones have the talent, leadership and depth for a legitimate shot at Murfreesboro. We should ALL offer our unwavering support. What a great group of Seniors.

Second - King, I'm very sorry to hear that I'm not liked, especially by one of my all-time favorite Roan Mountaineers, but I'd still buy her dinner any day of the week. Incidentally, I got to speak with her brother last night., and your father and sister. They've all, always been very good sports.

Third - Though it probably should be first - Highlander, Thanks for continuing to be a great sport, and for seeing this as it is: a Game. Incidentally, #23 did an excellent job, especially in running down what appeared a breakaway layup. I disagree slightly about the effort; but I haven't seen the Lady Highlanders that many times (I think six games to date). It just appeared to us, that Unaka managed to get some offensive mismatches at critical times; Kayla Winters and Brittany Scott are very quick off the dribble. It was a poor outside shooting night for both teams. None-from-three by the Lady Highlanders is probably a first since forever. I'll wager the Lady Highlanders have probably Never gone scoreless from three-point range. Unaka also rattled several threes. It was a combination of bad luck and great perimeter defense by both teams.

Coach Kenneth Chambers has spent the entire season drenching fires from nearly every direction. Add to that, the loss of three players who would've logged several minutes last night. Cloudland fans can relate. They lost enough players last season to field a conference championship team. Tuesday, Coach Chambers was able to get his starters enough minutes on the bench, to survive the amazing fourth-quarter pressure by Cloudland.

Ultimately, in searching for the Key reason for Unaka's win, it comes back to Natalie Johnson. Unaka Elementary coach, Bobbie Renee Blevins, told me last spring that Johnson was going to be special. A long way to go, experience-wise, but her ability to defend against Cloudland's outstanding point-guard/playmaker, Brooke Johnson, and to face the pressure from B J, and others, was the biggest difference from the game one loss in Roan Mountain.

And though scoreless, Kaleigh Elsea played a very good defensive game. And Defense was what it ultimately took to achieve victory.

Krich, you may be correct, but I stand by my statement that we just didn't give ENOUGH effort. The first quarter killed us and we couldn't battle back from the deficit. Our post play must pick it up a notch in order to be successful in tournament play. I predicted in January that the lady creekers would beat us at home. (Hope I didn't jinx us!!) Never ever underestimate Ken Chambers.....didn't I say that earlier?

By the way, wouldn't someone like to see an AAU team made up of Carter County's finest sophomores? Man, would that be a team, or what??

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826362056[/snapback]

Krich, by the way, thanks. I thought #23 did a good job on defense also. Just couldn't get her shots to fall.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826362101[/snapback]

Kim, I won't go into detail why she and other girls don't like you, but lets just say I've had my eyes fixed on you for about 2 years now. I'd watch it with the buying dinner comments and any other comments you have, because I'm starting to develop a strong distaste for you and the stupid crap you say on here. Like I said, your little "kisses on the cheek" my be innocent to you, but it was not to others.

!?!?!?!?!?????

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 7 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826362216[/snapback]

old44, I deleted the post, but let's just say that krich knows exactly what I'm talking about and it will no longer be tolerated. The man may be innocent, but these comments about buying other men's wives or fiance's dinners are going to stop. If you can't keep it about basketball, then shut yo mouth.

Get over yourself. You look like a little white bed sheet on legs, so you won't do anything to anyone. Unaka has outplayed Cloudland BOTH times, leading alot of the game in January, and leading practicly all of it last night.

And if Krich has to keep it about basketball, then don't you too? Or are you special or something. (Not the retarded kind of special either. We all know about that already ) Krich is 10 times the man you could ever wish to be. He's served his country, and now he serves us with some pretty good prep sports coverage. So get off his back. If no one likes him, them everyone must HATE you.

Several of us have had friendly wagers, which often leads to one or the other buying snacks or drinks, or both. Occasionally some of us have actually gone out to eat, and most always everyone buys their own; but since I know, and have a great deal of respect for the family in question, I extended a friendship offer for her. In spite of the pathetically inept, threatening tone, still I apologize.

Meanwhile, those who were actually in attendance last night saw a great game. Unaka made some adjustments to what beat them in Roan Mountain, and overcame several turnovers and dreadful free-throw shooting to win. It could've been worse for Cloudland, especially since they shot so dreadfully from outside, but again, Unaka didn't shoot so well either.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 7 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826362216[/snapback]

old44, I deleted the post, but let's just say that krich knows exactly what I'm talking about and it will no longer be tolerated. The man may be innocent, but these comments about buying other men's wives or fiance's dinners are going to stop. If you can't keep it about basketball, then shut yo mouth.

Ode to a King:

Did you receive an education in a third world country? You should be much too embarassed to display writing samples for the general public (given the current condition of your grammatical proficiency). Krich is a true ambassador for regional high school athletics. I have never heard him utter one negative word concerning a high school athlete. Thank God that there are people like Krich that recognize and appreciate the true spirit of the game. King, your comments concerning Krich's morality are not only cruel but also un-founded. Your thoughts are well off the mark concerning this matter. Perhaps you should mature. It is quite abnormal for a man your age to lash out about matters concerning high school children. Your attitude concerning highschool athletics rivals those held by sports writers for the New York Post (though they tend to be proficient in grammar and spelling).

Concerning last night's game:

I am not a Cloudland or Unaka fan. However, I did attend last night's game. I must say the Rangers out-played the Highlanders in every aspect of the game. Cloudland is a fine team with a proud heritage. It just wasn't their night.

P.S.- Take it easy on the commas man. My old English teacher would have a fit.

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 7 2007 - 07:17 PM) 826362564[/snapback]

Several of us have had friendly wagers, which often leads to one or the other buying snacks or drinks, or both. Occasionally some of us have actually gone out to eat, and most always everyone buys their own; but since I know, and have a great deal of respect for the family in question, I extended a friendship offer for her. In spite of the pathetically inept, threatening tone, still I apologize.

Meanwhile, those who were actually in attendance last night saw a great game. Unaka made some adjustments to what beat them in Roan Mountain, and overcame several turnovers and dreadful free-throw shooting to win. It could've been worse for Cloudland, especially since they shot so dreadfully from outside, but again, Unaka didn't shoot so well either.

Krich, I don't know about the king, but I know I would like to thank you for all the time you put into covoring high school athletics.

Cyclone152, Welcome aboard! And though I'm sure your the intent of your post wasn't intended to humor anyone, it's much appreciated.

Rangerbook06, Thanks. Your bravery. And, as you already know, you have nothing to fear.

"By the way, wouldn't someone like to see an AAU team made up of Carter County's finest sophomores? Man, would that be a team, or what?? thumb[1].gif" [Partial Quote from "The Highlander" - post #29]

Highlander, Couldn't agree more. I'll try to get a list threaded by day's end. It's a tremendous group; a lot of future scholarships.

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826363212[/snapback]

Cyclone152, Welcome aboard! And though I'm sure your the intent of your post wasn't intended to humor anyone, it's much appreciated.

Rangerbook06, Thanks. Your bravery. And, as you already know, you have nothing to fear.

"By the way, wouldn't someone like to see an AAU team made up of Carter County's finest sophomores? Man, would that be a team, or what?? thumb[1].gif" [Partial Quote from "The Highlander" - post #29]

Highlander, Couldn't agree more. I'll try to get a list threaded by day's end. It's a tremendous group; a lot of future scholarships.

Thanks for the welcome Krich. Is it true that WCYP will be in Roan Mountain on Friday night? I know that part of the crew will be covering quarter final wrestling action at Chuckey Doak High School on Friday. Keep up the good work!