Who is the 14A MVP and Coach of the Year?

choctawman

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826361215[/snapback]

But,in my opinion you don't give the Coach of the Year Award to the coach of a fourth place team....

You give the coach of the year to the best coach that year. You could give a chimp a clipboard with a team like Union City and they will still do good. Bradford only won 4 district games last year, and look what they've done this year... The school dosen't even have 200 kids... Bradford coach should get it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826361299[/snapback]

You give the coach of the year to the best coach that year. You could give a chimp a clipboard with a team like Union City and they will still do good. Bradford only won 4 district games last year, and look what they've done this year... The school dosen't even have 200 kids... Bradford coach should get it.

Well,that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.......I really would like to see what Whitby,Boykin,Allen,Jarrett,Dilday,Frazier,Angelos,the coach at Gleason and Eddings would do at Union City and I would like to see that chimp....

I'll just say this...Union city doesn't have a player over 6'2! And he rarely plays! Imagine what Sisco could do with some big guy! He turned Xavier Robinson(6'1) into the best big man in the district last year! What other coach knows how to bring out the "big man" in "small men?" Sisco went undefeated in the district this year with an under-sized team, whom the coaches thought would finish 3rd. Game in and game out UC has a game plan that works, and the players carry it out to perfection. If it's all about talent, then Lake County should be undefeated right now...They have the best over-all talent in my opinion. But they go out there and just run around the court. They don't have a plan...So not just anyone could coach and win with union city!

P.S. Think back 2 years ago with Antwan Coby..he was maybe..5'8?...and was an out -standing offensive threat. the Sisco's know what they're doing

QUOTE(DWADE @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826361405[/snapback]

I'll just say this...Union city doesn't have a player over 6'2! And he rarely plays! Imagine what Sisco could do with some big guy! He turned Xavier Robinson(6'1) into the best big man in the district last year! What other coach knows how to bring out the "big man" in "small men?" Sisco went undefeated in the district this year with an under-sized team, whom the coaches thought would finish 3rd. Game in and game out UC has a game plan that works, and the players carry it out to perfection. If it's all about talent, then Lake County should be undefeated right now...They have the best over-all talent in my opinion. But they go out there and just run around the court. They don't have a plan...So not just anyone could coach and win with union city!

P.S. Think back 2 years ago with Antwan Coby..he was maybe..5'8?...and was an out -standing offensive threat. the Sisco's know what they're doing

Im a big UC fan,but the Sisco's didnt make Antwan and Xavier out to the players they turned out to be.Antwan and Xavier play all the time at Miles gym,now called the Boyz and Girlz Club.You never see a day go by were these guys dont playball.Every day of the summer and when the season is over,they go and work on weaknesses of their game.That is even for the junior class or anybody else that come out of UC.Ball players are made in the summer,not during the season.I would give coach of the year to Sisco and MVP to MJ,but these guys put a lot of work in the gym during the offseason and when this season end,if you come to the gym in UC,you will see these same guys every day competing against each other along with some other guys who have graduated form UC,Martin,So Fulton.

QUOTE(DWADE @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826361405[/snapback]

We know what the Sisco's could do with big men....Three state championships...Two with Stanley Caldwell(6'6") and one with Marcus Williams(6'5")

QUOTE(chipper_jones_4mvp @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826362515[/snapback]

Antwan and Xavier play all the time at Miles gym,now called the Boyz and Girlz Club.You never see a day go by were these guys dont playball.Every day of the summer and when the season is over,they go and work on weaknesses of their game.That is even for the junior class or anybody else that come out of UC.Ball players are made in the summer,not during the season.I would give coach of the year to Sisco and MVP to MJ,but these guys put a lot of work in the gym during the offseason and when this season end,if you come to the gym in UC,you will see these same guys every day competing against each other along with some other guys who have graduated form UC,Martin,So Fulton.

FACT

Coach of the Year:

1)Sisco - you cant go undefeated in district play and not receive this. if the players could win with out him then he didnt screw it up. He has done a fantastic job. The kids play a fast, furious, style and are relentless rebounders. Very unselfish. If you do the dirty work you get to shoot it. I love it.

2) Eddings- loss at Halls may hurt but he got the most out of a good shooting team with not much help. Tate and Holloman are both better than given credit for - they are 4 year starters. Reynolds played on the high school team as an 8th grader. He has done a fantastic job and congratulations on a very good regular season. Good luck in the tourny and your second round match with UC.

3) Frazier - his team-which had the farthest to go- improved dramatically to me. He has done a very good job. Wins and losses are not the only measuring stick to use. They seemed to be better every time i saw them.

4) whitby - talent but still very solid. beat Humboldt and didnt lose to anyone unexpected. played uc close 2 times

5) Boykin - only 4 district losses, split with LC. taming the talent

6)Dilday - a very competitive team that could have been in the 4-5 game. fell apart at end of peabody game

7) Angelos - Greenfield, allen-peabody, jarrett - halls, lawrence - gleason: jury still out.

Players of the year:

Geanes, Sain, Levister, Patrick, Holloman/Tate, and any 10 of Union City players

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 6 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826361288[/snapback]

Coaches had Union City tabbed as the third place team in the pre-season....

Noone picked Union City third before the season, you have lost your mind.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 6 2007 - 09:58 PM) 826361299[/snapback]

Amen, you are absolutely right.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826362727[/snapback]

Noone picked Union City third before the season, you have lost your mind.

Amen, you are absolutely right.

Union City was picked third after Lake County & Humboldt, respectively.

I'd add Sep Valentine (LC) to the "Players of the Year." To narrow down Union City's team, I'd add MJ Brown (MVP), Jeremy Simpson, & Andre Coby.

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826362800[/snapback]

Union City was picked third after Lake County & Humboldt, respectively.

I'd add Sep Valentine (LC) to the "Players of the Year." To narrow down Union City's team, I'd add MJ Brown (MVP), Jeremy Simpson, & Andre Coby.

Andre' is good but he hasn't played the majority of the season.......Tony Wilkins is the leading scorer with 16ppg and has made the biggest strides of anyone on the team since last year....Cedric Allen also averages 15ppg and would be a star on many teams....Jeremy and MJ both average 15ppg,but with the game on the line,I want the ball in MJ's hands.....Now,finally with everyone healthy again,UC is playing 10(in contested games...15 in blowouts) and usually subbing five at a time..Union City's second unit would do very well in this district,which doesn't bode well for the rest of the district with UC losing only two players next season....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826362861[/snapback]

Andre' is good but he hasn't played the majority of the season.......Tony Wilkins is the leading scorer with 16ppg and has made the biggest strides of anyone on the team since last year....Cedric Allen also averages 15ppg and would be a star on many teams....Jeremy and MJ both average 15ppg,but with the game on the line,I want the ball in MJ's hands.....Now,finally with everyone healthy again,UC is playing 10(in contested games...15 in blowouts) and usually subbing five at a time..Union City's second unit would do very well in this district,which doesn't bode well for the rest of the district with UC losing only two players next season....

I forgot about Tony! I'd substitute Tony for Dre, but had Dre played the entire season, he'd still be in there & may still be. Yeah, UC's second five isn't too far behind their starting five, & with MJ, Tony, Dre, Lavan & company returning, next season looks to be another big one for UC. Who graduates, Jeremy & who else?

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826362887[/snapback]

I forgot about Tony! I'd substitute Tony for Dre, but had Dre played the entire season, he'd still be in there & may still be. Yeah, UC's second five isn't too far behind their starting five, & with MJ, Tony, Dre, Lavan & company returning, next season looks to be another big one for UC. Who graduates, Jeremy & who else?

Cedric is a junior,but senior eligibility wise....