8-AA Champs

BenStiller23

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826361450[/snapback]

WHITE HOUSE WAS UP 18-20 AFTER THREE QUARTERS AND THE BENCH PLAYED ALOT OF THE FOURTH QUARTER WHILE GOODPASTURE'S STARTERS STAYED IN...IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW GOODPASTURE BEAT DAVID LIPSCOMB LAST SATURDAY AT LIPSCOMB (LIPSCOMB IS RANKED 9TH IN THE STATE OF TN IN AA.) GOODPASTURE IS BETTER THEN THEIR RECORD AND IF THEY PLAYED IN 7AA THEY WOULD PROBABLY WIN THE DISTRICT...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you didn't know Slater did not even dress out for this game. Without him DL is not the same team. With him at home DL wins by 10 or more. With a healthy Slater DL beats WH everytime. Hopefully at somepoint down the road they can meet. WH is bigtime overrated. Look at what Union City did to them and they don't play anybody over 6'1 or 6'2. WH cannot stay with a fast and quick team. They will make a quick exit from the tournament once they get out of their district.

Preston3 Posted 24 minutes ago

In case you didn't know Slater did not even dress out for this game. Without him DL is not the same team. With him at home DL wins by 10 or more. With a healthy Slater DL beats WH everytime. Hopefully at somepoint down the road they can meet. WH is bigtime overrated. Look at what Union City did to them and they don't play anybody over 6'1 or 6'2. WH cannot stay with a fast and quick team. They will make a quick exit from the tournament once they get out of their district.

Everytime huh. That's the worst post I've seen in a good month or so. Lipscomb just got lucky when White House missed a lay-up with 5 seconds left last time they played. I would say White House 7 out of 10. And another thing, i would love to see Lipscomb play Union City, or wait maybe i wouldn't.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826362959[/snapback]

YOUVE LOST YOUR MIND... YES I KNEW SLATER WAS OUT...BUT I STILL WANT TO CONGRADULATE YOU ON YOUR 0-3 WEEK...IF WE PLAYED UNION CITY AGAIN IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT GAME AND JUST TO REMIND YOU WE HAD 3 SHOTS TO BEAT LIPSCOMB IN REGULATION AT THE END... WE WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO PLAY LIPSCOMB AGAIN AND UNION CITY WOULD DEFEAT LIPSCOMB .. ALSO SLATER DIDNT HAVE A FIELD GOAL WHEN BARNES GUARDED HIM.. BARNES WAS ON HIM LIKE WHITE ON RICE (WATCH THE TAPE BIG BOY) AND ONE MORE THING HAS CLAYTON DEVELOPED ANY ATHLETIC ABILITY YET???

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:23 PM) 826363017[/snapback]

YOUVE LOST YOUR MIND... YES I KNEW SLATER WAS OUT...BUT I STILL WANT TO CONGRADULATE YOU ON YOUR 0-3 WEEK...IF WE PLAYED UNION CITY AGAIN IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT GAME AND JUST TO REMIND YOU WE HAD 3 SHOTS TO BEAT LIPSCOMB IN REGULATION AT THE END... WE WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO PLAY LIPSCOMB AGAIN AND UNION CITY WOULD DEFEAT LIPSCOMB .. ALSO SLATER DIDNT HAVE A FIELD GOAL WHEN BARNES GUARDED HIM.. BARNES WAS ON HIM LIKE WHITE ON RICE (WATCH THE TAPE BIG BOY) AND ONE MORE THING HAS CLAYTON DEVELOPED ANY ATHLETIC ABILITY YET???

You must play for WH. so let me get this straight, you lose by nearly 30 to UC. UC loses to BA by 2 I think and DL beats BA. Slater is MVP of the tournament and deserved it. Yes, I agree if you played UC it would be a different game. You would have to hold the ball and stall otherwise they blow you out again. Gaines hardly made it to half court before the ball went back the other way. Also, I am not a DL fan or fan of any team, I just go to a lot of games. Slater doesn't have to score to have an impact on a game. He scores when his team needs him to. Barnes is an okay player. what does he average about 9 points a game. I know there are several where he has scored 2 or 4. He cannot do the things Slater does yet. He still has another year to develop. No question the guy has some potential but he seems a bit full of himself. By the way, I am sure the boys from Brownsville and particularly Ricky Taylor would love to have another shot at WH. They would say the same thing you are saying about having another shot at DL. the record between DL and WH this year is 1-O DL. enough said.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826363359[/snapback]

You must play for WH. so let me get this straight, you lose by nearly 30 to UC. UC loses to BA by 2 I think and DL beats BA. Slater is MVP of the tournament and deserved it. Yes, I agree if you played UC it would be a different game. You would have to hold the ball and stall otherwise they blow you out again. Gaines hardly made it to half court before the ball went back the other way. Also, I am not a DL fan or fan of any team, I just go to a lot of games. Slater doesn't have to score to have an impact on a game. He scores when his team needs him to. Barnes is an okay player. what does he average about 9 points a game. I know there are several where he has scored 2 or 4. He cannot do the things Slater does yet. He still has another year to develop. No question the guy has some potential but he seems a bit full of himself. By the way, I am sure the boys from Brownsville and particularly Ricky Taylor would love to have another shot at WH. They would say the same thing you are saying about having another shot at DL. the record between DL and WH this year is 1-O DL. enough said.

You can say what you want but i went to the dl game and slater looked lost against JB

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:02 PM) 826361460[/snapback]

You may be right... Probably another 8AA sweep is in order for 7AA....

Upperman and Livingston just might have something to say about that though...

This year has nothing to do with last year ... every game counts and it's the reason you play them. Anyone can have an off night, and anyone can win. Who would have ever thought that 7AA Girls would have sweep 8AA Girls, and the reverse in the Boys.

If anyone would have predicted White House to finish this year with the record they presently have ... nobody would believe you. Whether 8AA is weaker or not makes no difference ... you put'em on the floor and let the fun begin ... when the smoke clears you congratulation the ones left standing.

I promise, surprises will happen ...

Preston3 Today, 10:24 AM Post #29

Camper

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 107,131

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:23 PM)

You must play for WH. so let me get this straight, you lose by nearly 30 to UC. UC loses to BA by 2 I think and DL beats BA. Slater is MVP of the tournament and deserved it. Yes, I agree if you played UC it would be a different game. You would have to hold the ball and stall otherwise they blow you out again. Gaines hardly made it to half court before the ball went back the other way. Also, I am not a DL fan or fan of any team, I just go to a lot of games. Slater doesn't have to score to have an impact on a game. He scores when his team needs him to. Barnes is an okay player. what does he average about 9 points a game. I know there are several where he has scored 2 or 4. He cannot do the things Slater does yet. He still has another year to develop. No question the guy has some potential but he seems a bit full of himself. By the way, I am sure the boys from Brownsville and particularly Ricky Taylor would love to have another shot at WH. They would say the same thing you are saying about having another shot at DL. the record between DL and WH this year is 1-O DL. enough said

Liposcomb lost to a 9-14 MLK team twice by 20+ Enough said, they might not even get out of the regions.

No one said we were unbeatable, show me a post in history of coacht where anyone said we were unbeatable. All we have said is that anyone can be beat on a given night. Also we have said that we are the favorite of this region, which is very true. L.A. and Upperman will have to play their best games of the year and then some to knock us off. This team is very well coached, very unselfish, and play great as a team. They are in my opinion one of the top 3 teams in AA defensively in the entire state. They just have too many options for teams around here. They lost 3 games by 6 points or less, Union City was the only team to straight up beat us. Which they would do the same to most teams in AA. Maybe that's why Haywood and Station Camp scored their lowest points of the year vs. White House. Maybe also that's why they have the best record in school history, and the best record in AA in middle Tennessee. The region might be a little down this year, what does that make us not as good? Does that make us lucky? What is it? They've won 10 games in a row and are hitting on all cylinders. All I know is I wouldn't want play them anytime in the near future. Teams may be getting better everyday, but guess what so is White House.

QUOTE(werazzlin @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826361959[/snapback]

i would win the powerball 3 times before they lost to anyone in 7-AA, they're just that good

This was the guy I was referring to. Sorry to push your buttons Ben. Good post though.

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:56 PM) 826363936[/snapback]

No one said we were unbeatable, show me a post in history of coacht where anyone said we were unbeatable. All we have said is that anyone can be beat on a given night. Also we have said that we are the favorite of this region, which is very true.

I don't know why you thought I was talking about you. Very quick to be defensive.

QUOTE(Sumner County @ Feb 8 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826363442[/snapback]

You can say what you want but i went to the dl game and slater looked lost against JB

All I have to say Ben is DL wins and Slater is MVP after torching BA for 28. the record between the 2 schools this year is DL 1-0 WH 0-1. that my friend says it all.