Loretto vs Collinwood

Mustangs1000

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey good call pistachio it was a one point game 63 62. the officiating was the worst of any game i have ever watched. the foul ration for the whole game was 21 -5 collinwood got 5 fouls called on them the whole time. collinwood shot 22 freethrows loretto shot 4 . that was the game and it is pretty sorry that our seniors had to go out with a loss because of the same ref that has always had problems with loretto. i don't know how we keep getting him. we always have two good ones and a horrible one. at the half the score was 35 to 17 in favor of collinwood . Loretto had a heck of a second half and if they get some refs that know what they are doing and they can keep that up... Lewis county better watch out. Brady kimbrel had a good shooting night with 20 including 6 threes . Clint Wright also added 12 with 10 rebounds and Zack Mcdonald had 12 including 4 threes. These are two Juniors and a Sophmore. Loretto is young they will only lose two seniors and one of them was out the whole season with an ACL. I believe they will really surprise some people not only in the District 10AA tourney but also in the years to come.

Usually I would not do this but Loretto did have a horrible officiated game. I don't care who you are the foul ratio is not that off in any game. Loretto has showed me some things in the last week. One is that they are losing but building confidence. In confidence I mean in there shot. They are all knocking down big shots. Which has opened the inside up alittle for Wright. If Loretto keeps up there efforts they can possibly upset some teams and the Mustangs should be just fine next year as long as the coach keeps up the good work and the players stay hungry

If you watched the game you would know that the reason for the foul situation was because Loretto was fouling at the end to try to get the ball back. Also the reason for the free throw difference. THe refs were horrible but not for either team. They didn't call anything but you can't blame the loss on the refs. Collinwood just out played Loretto and made the clutch free throws at the end to win the game.

They made Clutch free throws but Loretto shot 100 percent from the line that sounds good but they only shot four. Collinwood had one foul called on them in the first half.... one!!! tell me it wasn't the refs. The mustangs still found a way to battle back and cut a 19 point lead at one time to one point when the final horn sounded.

Im not saying that they sould be equal but you needed to be there to see this. The foul ratio was 21-5.. it shouldn't be the same but it has to be closer than that. I think that the collinwood players would have called more than five fouls on themselves .

QUOTE(Mustangs1000 @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826365720[/snapback]

They made Clutch free throws but Loretto shot 100 percent from the line that sounds good but they only shot four. Collinwood had one foul called on them in the first half.... one!!! tell me it wasn't the refs. The mustangs still found a way to battle back and cut a 19 point lead at one time to one point when the final horn sounded.

Im not saying that they sould be equal but you needed to be there to see this. The foul ratio was 21-5.. it shouldn't be the same but it has to be closer than that. I think that the collinwood players would have called more than five fouls on themselves .

After all the jazz, they still lost to 2, 12-A teams this week. And they're not close to being as strong as usual. Every coach knows you have to play well enough to overcome the ref factor. Everyone has an opinion!