Overton County Fan

Upperman @ LA  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Upperman @ LA

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a very good game. I for one would not miss it for anything. I think that Livingston all around has the better team. I also think the home crowd and the student section will be roaring. However, I am going to say that Livingston gets outcoached in this game. I may be wrong so don't jump down my throat, but McWilliams has always been awesome when playing in big games.

I remember when J County had the hands down best team in the district with Heady, Gaw, and those other boys. His coaching won that game by 26 points. Of course it helped that Nick Davis had 44 points. He also took a fair Upperman team to the state tournament with 1 senior a few years back after beating Chattanooga Howard (Who by the way should have won by 20) in Chattanooga. (Again great game plan) Anyways that's my prediction Upperman outcoaching Livingston and they win by 3.

can you say AP POll... go hogeye... this will be one of the best games to see this season. fast action on both ends of the court. this one you do not want to miss. hogeye by 6 and one "T" for uppermens coach. coach melton will come close.but will show why he is the coach of the year.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826361452[/snapback]

Upperman will travel to the center of HOG-EYE to play the 11th ranked Livingston Academy Wildcats on Friday. I think this just may be the first time the Wildcats have ever been ranked, so I think Coach Melton will do what it takes to keep that going...

This should be an excellent game. The girls game is for 1st place also, So expect a PACKED house......

LA by 8...

GO HOG~EYE

With all the state tournament banners hanging in the gym, we surely have been in the AP top 10 before, haven't we?? Anyone know for sure? I know we have been to the semi-finals twice since 1980 and probably should have won the championship in 1982(or maybe it was 1983). Anyone know of a website where you can find scores from games we played that many years ago?

QUOTE(Bee_Fan20 @ Feb 7 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826362510[/snapback]

I think this will be a very good game. I for one would not miss it for anything. I think that Livingston all around has the better team. I also think the home crowd and the student section will be roaring. However, I am going to say that Livingston gets outcoached in this game. I may be wrong so don't jump down my throat, but McWilliams has always been awesome when playing in big games.

I remember when J County had the hands down best team in the district with Heady, Gaw, and those other boys. His coaching won that game by 26 points. Of course it helped that Nick Davis had 44 points. He also took a fair Upperman team to the state tournament with 1 senior a few years back after beating Chattanooga Howard (Who by the way should have won by 20) in Chattanooga. (Again great game plan) Anyways that's my prediction Upperman outcoaching Livingston and they win by 3.

a think your talent at upperman has been good most years and coaching too but i've seen mac loose several games by throwin tantrems getting T's and even being tossed and by not making the right coaching decisions this game will be won on floor not bench LA by 10

QUOTE(Wildkitty 123 @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826362737[/snapback]

This is easier than everyone thinks one of the best coched teams in the district being LA to a below averaged coached team being upperman. I ll say LA by 15 or more

I do believe that Upperman is far higher than a below average coached team