Region 2 Seeds

Jackson

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826361805[/snapback]

Region II Wrestling Tournament at Knoxville Catholic High School.

Friday weigh-ins at 4:30 with wrestling no later than 6:30, Saturday weigh-ins at 8:30 with wrestling at 9:30. $7 each day

Top 4 seeds in each weight class

Tyler McCroskey Seymour

Rian Burns W. Blount

AJ Farinella Farragut

Chris Turner Stone M.

Why is AJ 3rd?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826361805[/snapback]

Region II Wrestling Tournament at Knoxville Catholic High School.

Friday weigh-ins at 4:30 with wrestling no later than 6:30, Saturday weigh-ins at 8:30 with wrestling at 9:30. $7 each day

Top 4 seeds in each weight class

Jeremy Miller Greenback

Ethan Farinella Farragut

Billy Edwards Seymour

David Morse CAK

Kramer Drollman W. Blount

Gary Sluder Greenback

TJ Smith Seymour

Ian Little

Eddie Long Greenback

Jordan Harless Karns

Trent LaRue Halls

George Richardson West

Adam Fields Halls

Floyd Larson Seymour

Jacob Holley W. Blount

Drew Kyker Sevier Co.

Blake Ridenour Maryville

Ryan King Seymour

Jacob Coffin Bearden

Jeremy Tisdale Karns

Tyler McCroskey Seymour

Rian Burns W. Blount

AJ Farinella Farragut

Chris Turner Stone M.

Nic Shields Maryville

Isaac Legg Seymour

Andrew Greene Gibbs

Zac Vess Karns

QUOTE(C Mcc @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826361867[/snapback]

Nathan Bevelhimer Bearden

Bookie Al-Khelaifi West

Robby Sneed W. Blount

Cody Watson Seymour

Cody Watson is from Seymour

Hey Gun we clean the mats for free, it is the bathrooms, stands, floors, empty garbage cans and such.....duh

As for football you pay the refs and clean up and that is it....but that crowd is about 10x the size of a wrestling crowd

Little kids free

Students are $4.00

Adults $7.00 (Especially that CAK dad that always wants to come in and just make sure his kid is there and then watch the match throught the glass in the door....cheap)

And yes I was looking at the wrong name at 135 it is right now

Don't you just love it, Don? You and the staff always put on a great tournament. Good luck this weekend.

I understand that money is always going to be an issue, people. I wish it wasn't, but there is no way around it. I think we can all agree that no wrestling program in this region is "well off." Maybe Webb, haha. Wrestlers, coaches, and parents dedicate their blood, sweat, and tears for this sport, and to ask for a little money to show some appreciation for it is not too much to ask for. Also, take lots of pictures or video tape the matches and ceremonies and make it worth the money that you pay. You'll have those forever. Trust me you won't regret it.

"$400 for clean up and transportaion of mats" if you put these together then one must assume that you meant for these to be together Duh.

Obviously for someone to make the comment that at football games you pay the refs and clean up dont understand how much it cost to run a football game.

You have to mark the field, the equipment used is alot more expensive than wrestling equipment, you have trainers, and other personel that you have to pay. You also have field maintenance, and if it costs 400 to clean the bathrooms @ a wrestling match then it probably cost a couple thousand at a football game.

You should be more worried about how you can make a sacrifice on how to keep the cost down, instead of asking parents to pickup the bill. And if you cant handle it then you cant handle it.

Back in the "Dark Ages" of wrestling before the 8 regions were setup, we were in District 2, which included all of the schools Knox, Blount, Sevier, McMinn, and Bradley Counties, each school was assessed a certain amount for the production of the tournament. The first year we did a tournament at Karns, not every one paid their share because they disputed some of the expenses and so we were left holding the bag for the deficit and I had to pay it out of my meager wrestling budget. The next year I propose that the school putting on the tournament be resonsible for financing the tournament and allowed to keep the profit, if there was one, or eat the loss. This gave the director the opportunity to run the tournament in a first class manner as he saw fit.

The admission prices, $4.00 for students and $7.00 for adults per session, are very reasonable based on the expected attendance and the type of tournament Region 2 will have. Anyone who complains about this cost has never been involved in running a tournament. The expenses outlined by Coach Beardsley are in line with running an outstanding tournament. If you have attended a tournament at Catholic, you know it will be well run

Good luck to all Region 2 teams both in the regional and state tournament.

Dan Dugger

QUOTE(gun816 @ Feb 8 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826363408[/snapback]

"$400 for clean up and transportaion of mats" if you put these together then one must assume that you meant for these to be together Duh.

Obviously for someone to make the comment that at football games you pay the refs and clean up dont understand how much it cost to run a football game.

You have to mark the field, the equipment used is alot more expensive than wrestling equipment, you have trainers, and other personel that you have to pay. You also have field maintenance, and if it costs 400 to clean the bathrooms @ a wrestling match then it probably cost a couple thousand at a football game.

You should be more worried about how you can make a sacrifice on how to keep the cost down, instead of asking parents to pickup the bill. And if you cant handle it then you cant handle it.

I have worked in the concession stand at a football game where you can bring in over $2500.00 for one night and I have also worked in the concession stand where you might clear $400.00 for a whole day so trust me football makes up the other 2 dollars on admission in the concession stand where wrestling has to get it from the gate. $7.00 seems like a reasonable price to me, usually it is $8.00 for the big tournaments and this is regionals for goodness sakes. Besides you always have the option to stay home and save that $7.00 dollars for a combo meal at McDonalds.

QUOTE(Seaglefan @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826363833[/snapback]

I have worked in the concession stand at a football game where you can bring in over $2500.00 for one night and I have also worked in the concession stand where you might clear $400.00 for a whole day so trust me football makes up the other 2 dollars on admission in the concession stand where wrestling has to get it from the gate. $7.00 seems like a reasonable price to me, usually it is $8.00 for the big tournaments and this is regionals for goodness sakes. Besides you always have the option to stay home and save that $7.00 dollars for a combo meal at McDonalds.

I hear ya man about the combo meal and with that you might get lucky and get all of your meal and no change or all of your change and half your meal.