WHO WOULD WIN?

HHSnumber1fan

Understanding that this is hypo...I would certainly give this Liberty team the edge over a Brandon Wright led Brentwood...Wrights presense and points would not make that much of a difference...The current Liberty team beat the current Brentwood team with a final 27 point margin but anyone that saw the game saw that Liberty led by 32 at one point then simply called the dogs off...I saw Brentwood vs Bolivar last year and although they beat Bolivar decisively they just weren't impressive in doing so...The other key players from the past Brentwood team would not have had major impact either...Liberty lost Evans but they now start Sain (who should have been a starter last year)...

So in a nut shell I would pick this Liberty team to beat any of the TN teams of recent years that have had successful programs...Hamilton would be the best match up...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who would win, but I think it would be a great matchup, but I do know that you can't take the margin of victory and say that is too much to overcome for one player. Because a player like brandan wright makes a much greater difference than just points scored such as blocked shots, drawing double teams and grabbing defensive rebounds that could possibly offensive rebounds for the opponents. But I still think it would be a great, close game.

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Feb 8 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826363711[/snapback]

Last year's Liberty would beat BA-- Especially the way those kids were playing in March in the BORO

I like real situations, like I have posted in several of my threads I dont like pseudo people or situations. Brentwood Academy had a great team the past 4 years, I don't think that feat will ever be accomplished again, in division 1 or 2. Brandon Wright is a fantastic player, I would love to see him go to the next level. But there is no way we can compare past and present teams. That's like comparing Michael Jordan and Dr.J they were both great players in their prime. Bottom line is this I have said this time and time again, sports are 70% mental and 30% physical. It dosen't matter what your record is. Several factors come into play 1.)strength of schedule

2.)coaching 3.) desire. Last year I think Liberty had a better team than Bolivar Central, but mentally Bolivar was stronger. Liberty blasted Ridgeway this year, and Raleigh Egypt lost to Ridgeway. Haywood and Bolivar will always be a great rivalry, and it doesn't matter what their records indicate. Sometimes certain teams just have your number, and they will rise to the occasion just to beat you. One thing is for certain you can't measure the heart of champion. Mitchell beat Bolivar twice last year and Liberty beat Mitchell. The difference Bolivar was Liberty's measuring stick and when they defeated Bolivar for the regional championship, they felt they could'nt be denied. I will pick my Liberty starting five over any starting five in the country, I know some of you think I am crazy, some people are just on the Liberty bandwagon, but I have been a fan from day 1. That's one reason they are so tough to beat because Coach Williams and Coach Greene believe in them, and that's the sign of great coaches. And I said all that to say this, on March 17, 2007 the announcement at the Boro will sound like this. Your 2007 AA State Champions out of district 12AA Region 6 the Liberty Crusaders. thumb[1].gif

I didn't get to see the BA team of last year play.....but I remember several people say...just like this year, "BA wouldn't be able to run with Liberty back then.....that has been the deciding factor in almost every gam Liberty has played. Opponents just can't keep up. I believe Mitchell was the best team Liberty faced last year and it took our best defense and the fourth quarter to get it done. I remember my wife asking me when we were on the way to the game last year...."Do you think we can beat Mitchell?" I though about it for a minute and said, " Yes we can....because nobody can run with us." Liberty is an amazingly conditioned team....that's something that can be done overnight. They have a chemistry that only time can build. I've said it before and I'll say it again....."There's only one team that can beat Liberty....and that is Liberty."

About this time last year...well a little later I guess....Liberty shook the monkey off their back (Bolivar) they gained a confidence that couldn't be stopped. They wouldn't be denied the championship....if we can beat Bolivar we can beat anybody.

Yes.....I believe this team could beat last years BA team. It wasn't BA that was stuck in Liberty's head.

They've really come too the top since this season began.....their a better more mature team than last year. They are complete. They are what every coach dreams of.....to have five people that truly play as one unit. They you have a bench that comes in and does the same.

Everything I say is because I have seen them play almost every game since day one.....4 years ago..... even before that in middle school. We all knew that they were the stuff (some of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.) We've laughed, cheered, got mad, cried when we have to see them graduate (The Twins two years ago.... Zach, Brandon, Jarvis, Bijon last year.).

Don't take the opportunity to play Liberty lightly....and if by some reason you find yourself on the winning side of that game....consider yourself lucky. They are good....very good!!!!

I'd have to say that BA would have edged Liberty last year, but it would have been a great game. I watched BA 3 times last year and I think they would have pulled it out. Brandan Wright was one of the top players in the country, and Josh Boone could just shoot your lights out. Wright did some much on the offensive end and nobody on Liberty's team would have been able to stop that. Heck, no one in the ACC has been able to stop it. But, he also was a force on the boards and on D. Liberty would have played them close, but last year BA had to many weapons.

IMO, BA was still the second best team in Tennessee last year. I think Hamilton was the best team, but thats just me.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:11 PM) 826364264[/snapback]

I didn't get to see the BA team of last year play.....but I remember several people say...just like this year, "BA wouldn't be able to run with Liberty back then.....that has been the deciding factor in almost every gam Liberty has played. Opponents just can't keep up. I believe Mitchell was the best team Liberty faced last year and it took our best defense and the fourth quarter to get it done. I remember my wife asking me when we were on the way to the game last year...."Do you think we can beat Mitchell?" I though about it for a minute and said, " Yes we can....because nobody can run with us." Liberty is an amazingly conditioned team....that's something that can be done overnight. They have a chemistry that only time can build. I've said it before and I'll say it again....."There's only one team that can beat Liberty....and that is Liberty."

About this time last year...well a little later I guess....Liberty shook the monkey off their back (Bolivar) they gained a confidence that couldn't be stopped. They wouldn't be denied the championship....if we can beat Bolivar we can beat anybody.

Yes.....I believe this team could beat last years BA team. It wasn't BA that was stuck in Liberty's head.

They've really come too the top since this season began.....their a better more mature team than last year. They are complete. They are what every coach dreams of.....to have five people that truly play as one unit. They you have a bench that comes in and does the same.

Everything I say is because I have seen them play almost every game since day one.....4 years ago..... even before that in middle school. We all knew that they were the stuff (some of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.) We've laughed, cheered, got mad, cried when we have to see them graduate (The Twins two years ago.... Zach, Brandon, Jarvis, Bijon last year.).

Don't take the opportunity to play Liberty lightly....and if by some reason you find yourself on the winning side of that game....consider yourself lucky. They are good....very good!!!!

Paul, I agree with everything you said. Here's where last year's BA team was better than this year's - on the defensive end. Everyone talks about how great those two were offensively, and they were. But, in my opinion, they are missed more on the defensive end this year. A lot of people don't realize what Brandan was defensively. He basically cleaned everything up. Someone gets beat off the dribble he's there to either block the shot or force a bad shot. If you don't believe me - he does it every night for the Heels this year, he did the past four years for BA. He would have been the difference maker in a game. Someone asked if he would make up the deficit from this year's game, probably so only because Liberty probably wouldn't have scored as many points, and as someone said, Liberty would have not answer for him. Heck, no one this year has an answer for him in the ACC. So, I still don't know who would win this game, I can definitely see either team winning - I do know this - both were outstanding teams.