Overton County Varsity Tournament

The General

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826390168[/snapback]Let see here, Allons best player should be a freshman and Rickman best player should be a freshman, so those two cancel each other out, now how many other kids on each team should be freshmen or has been held back a grade. I don't think Rickman had any more kids like that. Now would Allons like to let it be know how many is like that on their team. I would say not. So now you can see why kids like to go to Allons they can stay back and win a championship and be a grade school hero.

Alright Sir, you are starting to give other Rickman fans a bad reputation. You may not care if people know that your a donkey (what else can you call a donkey), but that doesn't mean you have to represent our school and community like that. On the "Allons Basketball Coach" thread I think someone is trying to say you are one of the parents from our school. That may not be true, but I guess they have reason to think that based on the comments made at the ball game, and then they see you make very similar comments on here, it really does make you look like that same guy. The whole thing would have died down if you had not of gotten on here and made the same comments that have already been made. You have shown how ignorant and disrespectful you are and you have shown that you care very little about the kids that play this game and that will someday be playing TOGETHER (if they make the highschool team).

So, my friend, I ask you to show more class in the future when representing people other than yourself.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(up2late @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826390854[/snapback]What is all this talk about? What is a "holdback"? Were freshmen really playing in an elementary game??

What if a high school player is young enough to still be in 8th grade according to the appropriate guidelines? I know that one freshman standout on LA's team last year was young enough to be what some consider a "holdback". Should it be said that he was the Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year because he was 'just an 8th grader'?

Wow. The high school JV/Freshman team is winning because they have 8th graders! Makes about as much sense.

And if it's true that people yelled that the first place team won because they were freshmen, I can't believe adults would get so carried away that they'd say such a thing, why yell it at that point. A truly concerned person should discuss it with the "freshman's" parents. See what they have to say about these concerns.

I wonder why when all these kids get to high school together, most of this bickering over ages dies down. I don't remember hearing a lot of bickering at any point about students repeating as LA won any of the state championships they've won. Don't know if any of those participants repeated anywhere, but isn't it possible. What if a superstar football player had been a little older but still within guidelines when LA won the state in football? Is anyone going to blame that scholarship on being a "holdback"?

Really.

Let's be more mature and let parents make decisions based on what they want to base it on. If parents want their child to repeat at any level, lets stay out of their business. If parents do not want their kids to repeat for whatever reasons, then lets stay out of their business as well.

It's a competitive world. Compete.

OK, I've listened to this junk enough. Is this an elementary thing or what? I've never heard people at high school games complaining that a player from another team should already be in college. Why are we not checking birthdates at the high school level statewide? Maybe, by high school, people have already gotten over it. Or maybe by that time, their kid isn't playing anymore. Quit griping and play the game. If players can't compete, get out of the way for those who can and want to play. Student athletes shouldn't be harrassed for succeeding.

QUOTE(up2late @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826391428[/snapback]OK, I've listened to this junk enough. Is this an elementary thing or what? I've never heard people at high school games complaining that a player from another team should already be in college. Why are we not checking birthdates at the high school level statewide? Maybe, by high school, people have already gotten over it. Or maybe by that time, their kid isn't playing anymore. Quit griping and play the game. If players can't compete, get out of the way for those who can and want to play. Student athletes shouldn't be harrassed for succeeding.

I'm right there with ya 2late. People who are good at something are always going to have people who don't like them and we all know why. It's the green color.

What is respectable is that those who are continually ridiculed just continue to work toward their goals of being successful without being concerned about what others think.

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826390168[/snapback]Let see here, Allons best player should be a freshman and Rickman best player should be a freshman, so those two cancel each other out, now how many other kids on each team should be freshmen or has been held back a grade. I don't think Rickman had any more kids like that. Now would Allons like to let it be know how many is like that on their team. I would say not. So now you can see why kids like to go to Allons they can stay back and win a championship and be a grade school hero.

"Let see here". This sounds like jealousy in its purest form.

And "let it be know" that being a "grade school hero" is probably better than being a loud-mouthed adult acting like a grade school hero. Grow up people.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826391243[/snapback]Alright Sir, you are starting to give other Rickman fans a bad reputation. You may not care if people know that your a donkey (what else can you call a donkey), but that doesn't mean you have to represent our school and community like that. On the "Allons Basketball Coach" thread I think someone is trying to say you are one of the parents from our school. That may not be true, but I guess they have reason to think that based on the comments made at the ball game, and then they see you make very similar comments on here, it really does make you look like that same guy. The whole thing would have died down if you had not of gotten on here and made the same comments that have already been made. You have shown how ignorant and disrespectful you are and you have shown that you care very little about the kids that play this game and that will someday be playing TOGETHER (if they make the highschool team).

So, my friend, I ask you to show more class in the future when representing people other than yourself.

Good post. You are so right.

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:53 AM) 826391510[/snapback]Well I know that would get everyone going. By the way I am not a sir, so if you think you know who I am you are way off. Let put it like this, I am glad Allons won both the girls and boys tournaments, because I have a daughter that is on the girls team. I just think it is funny how everyone acts when we win, but we should win because we are older then most in the county. I may be wrong but I think the school board had to enforce a rule that if someone stay back after the 4 grade they would not be able to play the next year. I wonder why they did that.

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona. Nice try though.

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:53 AM) 826391510[/snapback]Well I know that would get everyone going. By the way I am not a sir, so if you think you know who I am you are way off. Let put it like this, I am glad Allons won both the girls and boys tournaments, because I have a daughter that is on the girls team. I just think it is funny how everyone acts when we win, but we should win because we are older then most in the county. I may be wrong but I think the school board had to enforce a rule that if someone stay back after the 4 grade they would not be able to play the next year. I wonder why they did that.

Well I find that hard to believe that you have a daughter on Allons team. If you did you would have know that we only had two 15 yr. old girls on the court Sat. One of the turned 15 in late Nov.You were talking about how one of our girls should be a 10th grader, just so you know she started school way to early & was held back.

Everyone gets on these board and speaks their peace which is fine because that’s what it is for but when you start putting down teenage girls and boys, you cross the line. You know I am tired of people hiding behind “names” I have no problem telling you who I am & if you want to carry on this conversation later I will be MORE than happy to! I’m from Allons so I’m not hard to find.

Crystal K

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826391544[/snapback]Well I find that hard to believe that you have a daughter on Allons team. If you did you would have know that we only had two 15 yr. old girls on the court Sat. One of the turned 15 in late Nov.You were talking about how one of our girls should be a 10th grader, just so you know she started school way to early & was held back.

Everyone gets on these board and speaks their peace which is fine because that’s what it is for but when you start putting down teenage girls and boys, you cross the line. You know I am tired of people hiding behind “names” I have no problem telling you who I am & if you want to carry on this conversation later I will be MORE than happy to! I’m from Allons so I’m not hard to find.

Crystal K

Way to step up CK.

Back on subject, I really enjoyed watching the Varsity tournament. All the games I saw were very exciting. I think it is awesome how well Overton County excels in jr. high athletics.

Now, I am going off subject again. This is a serious question. Can we conceed Wilson to Putnam County? I can say what I am about to say because I don't know anyone personally from Wilson. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember going to high school with anyone that attended Wilson, of course that was a long time ago. It seems like they all go to Monterey anyway. And their jr high program is killing the overall competitiveness in our county. lol.