Halls Baseball 2007

Baseballmad

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 16 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826414280[/snapback]I think Jeff Co. will be better they already thumped Rutledge 15-5 the night before. Rutledge is suppose to be a tough team this year.

Halls may be subbing a lot of young players for the future. I think six freshmen are travelling with the Varsity. I still think Halls will be reckoned with.

we tied last night...nasty weather...we were up 7-2...booted it around a bit...brought a freshman in for the last inning and he gave up a 3 run bomb....nothing unusual for a young guy...i had it done to me my first couple of games...just as most everyone has....batting order a little skewered due to some new faces getting some swings...not a great game...but we should have ended it early....they called it after 6 due to time and bad weather...so who knows

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win tonight in Red Devil country 13-12 over Karns. Looked like Wrigley field as five homeruns left the park with the wind blowing out. Dayton & Wallace went yard for the Devils. Defensive struggles still exist for the Red Devils.

Halls 3-0 in District 3-0-1 overall. Halls bats pounding out 13 hits. The lead changed hands many times. But the Red Devils hold on to a one run victory after going into the seventh with a five run advantage. Two very potent offensive teams will do it again Wednesday night.

Halls hasn't been shy at the plate the first four games. The pitching has been holding up well even though the defense continues to find the road difficult. Seven more errors last night I'm sure it has the coaches scratching their heads. At times it just seems contagious. Hopefully its all early season jitters and will be all out of the system come crunch time. If the defense gets fixed this team has a good chemistry about them.

QUOTE(ZCAR @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826418316[/snapback]Halls hasn't been shy at the plate the first four games. The pitching has been holding up well even though the defense continues to find the road difficult. Seven more errors last night I'm sure it has the coaches scratching their heads. At times it just seems contagious. Hopefully its all early season jitters and will be all out of the system come crunch time. If the defense gets fixed this team has a good chemistry about them.

Good point on it being contagious, if there is 1 error in an inning, then there might be 3 or 4, like in the ?4th inning?(might have been it) when we had 3 or 4 and they scored about 5 runs. Spenny should have been out of that inning with a 5-3 lead at worst! Defense obviosly needs to step up and help out the pitching. This Halls team can still hit the ball as well as any team in East Tennessee. I like the fact that even when we dont play our best(last night and first game against West) we still find a way to get the W and thats all that matters. Big three games coming up starting at Karns tomorrow and the home and away with Oak Ridge next week as Halls, West, Karns, and Oak Ridge look to be the top 4 in the district this year. If we can win the next 3 then we will be sitting very pretty after the first 3 weeks of district play.

As Always....Go Big Red!

This team may not be blowing out the competition in 5 innings, but they are scoring runs and finding a way to win. When down runs they don't lay down. The chemistry seems to be tight and coming from behind will make them better in crunch time later in the season. They are starting to find out they can win without Lockwood carrying the load. There are no superstars. Just a blue collar bunch that each must contribute to get the W. This team may surprise some people before they are done. The Big Red Train is off and runnin' at 3-0 after playing some of the pre season top picks in the district.

I like the Blue collar team tag Elmo. Everyone is getting it done. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree on everything your saying about the team so far. If they show well again tonite at Karns and get the W they have to be the team to beat in the District.

Go Red Devils..........................................

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 21 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826419340[/snapback]I like the Blue collar team tag Elmo. Everyone is getting it done. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree on everything your saying about the team so far. If they show well again tonite at Karns and get the W they have to be the team to beat in the District.

Go Red Devils..........................................

I also agree with the blue collar tag and the tag about no superstars. As for the game tonight, how about lets not give the Pate kid anything he can even come remotely close to getting the bat on, he can hit the ball pretty well. The defense will step up and play better tonight and we will hit the ball well enough to win!

As Always....Go Big Red!

Nice article in the News Sentinel today about last nights Karns Halls matchup. John Clarke throws a gem for seven innings. Defense plays tight and the bats continue to explode. Brock, Dayton, Noe & Wallace each have two hits and between them have 10 of the 11 RBI's. Up and down this order everyone is doing their job either getting on base or knocking runs in.

Next week Oak Ridge who have come out of the gate strong being undefeated in their first six games. I hope the boys in red keep up the impressive start.

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826420099[/snapback]Nice article in the News Sentinel today about last nights Karns Halls matchup. John Clarke throws a gem for seven innings. Defense plays tight and the bats continue to explode. Brock, Dayton, Noe & Wallace each have two hits and between them have 10 of the 11 RBI's. Up and down this order everyone is doing their job either getting on base or knocking runs in.

Next week Oak Ridge who have come out of the gate strong being undefeated in their first six games. I hope the boys in red keep up the impressive start.

Great win last night and yes a very impressive game from JM Clarke. He went the distance going all 7 innings and only giving up 2 runs and the Pate kid went either 0 for 3 or 0 for 4. Defense played very solid comitting 0 errors, and thats a definate upgrade from the Monday game with Karns when we had 7. Oak Ridge is undefeated but I think they have only played the bottom teams in the district like Clinton and Campbell County in thier first 4 games. Good luck to them today as they travel to Jeff. County and good luck to some of the younger kids as I think they will get alot more playing time than usual.

As Always....Go Big Red!