Halls Baseball 2007

Baseballmad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the team is that they have as good of chance as anyone this year to win the district. After that it is up to determination. Leadership will not be a problem in that they have three third year varsity players who know what it takes to win at this level. Defense will be very important this year with no Lockwood/Larsens on the mound throwing heat. Early throwing has went better than expected for the staff and im anxious to see how things pan out. If we work hard in practice and play like we know we can we will be very competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

Scrimmaged South Doyle, Cookeville & Carter yesterday.

Lost the early game 2-0 to South Doyle but beat up Cookeville and Carter pretty bad.

Losing Lockwood & Lucas will be hard. But there are some great players still left at Halls. They should do fine as run production wasn't a problem in the limited five inning game scrimmages for the last two games for the Red Devils they scored in double figures on both.

Pitching looked good first time out too.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost to Bearden 8-6 last night.

Totally shocked up 6-4 in the sixth and we completely sub the first team and lose 8-6. Against Bearden who kept all there starters in. I've never seen Halls do this before as long as I followed Halls baseball.

Would have been agreat shot in the arm with a quality win. Anyone else left with a hollow feeling this morning? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826401840[/snapback]Lost to Bearden 8-6 last night.

Totally shocked up 6-4 in the sixth and we completely sub the first team and lose 8-6. Against Bearden who kept all there starters in. I've never seen Halls do this before as long as I followed Halls baseball.

Would have been agreat shot in the arm with a quality win. Anyone else left with a hollow feeling this morning? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Bearden threw 4 pitcher and hit 12 or 13

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826401846[/snapback]Bearden threw 4 pitcher and hit 12 or 13

Halls threw a freshman for three innings and allowed most of those hits. If I'm not mistaken Bearden only had three or four hits up untill he came in. At one point Halls had six freshman and two sophomores and one junior on the field when Bearden scored most of there runs.

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826402070[/snapback]Looked very lackluster against Heritage lost something like 6-2. gave it up late again with basically a JV team playing the field.

you put a little to much imphasis on winning a scrimmage, I bet you that neither coach on either team even cared about the score. scrimmage are for seeing alot of people and hopefull playing good baseball.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826402202[/snapback]you put a little to much imphasis on winning a scrimmage, I bet you that neither coach on either team even cared about the score. scrimmage are for seeing alot of people and hopefull playing good baseball.

Scrimmages also made for getting your starters ready to compete in district play. I understand playing some young players, you never know when you may need them. Also helps to play them for the future years.

Perhaps. But with the season a week away you would think the Varsity would play the full seven. Unless they were tearing the cover off the ball. Which we weren't. I think I saw Daniels, Guoffon, Fennell, Byrd go the full game. I know two different opinions but JV games are suppose to check on the youth movement and see if they can find a place in the starting lineup. Quality at bats is whats needed at the moment before District play begins. A couple of rain outs could put the hurt on much needed work.

But overall your right a scrimmage is a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything in the win and lose column. But overall a good game and you seem to have a very good team to compete with Farragut and SD this year good luck.