Halls Baseball 2007

Baseballmad

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826402246[/snapback]Perhaps. But with the season a week away you would think the Varsity would play the full seven. Unless they were tearing the cover off the ball. Which we weren't. I think I saw Daniels, Guoffon, Fennell, Byrd go the full game. I know two different opinions but JV games are suppose to check on the youth movement and see if they can find a place in the starting lineup. Quality at bats is whats needed at the moment before District play begins. A couple of rain outs could put the hurt on much needed work.

But overall your right a scrimmage is a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything in the win and lose column. But overall a good game and you seem to have a very good team to compete with Farragut and SD this year good luck.

Where is the other left handed pitcher that Bearden has? I haven't noticed his name anywhere? Copeland?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big District win last night at West. A excellent comeback from a young team. Halls could have wrapped this one up earlier but errors and West's timely hitting made this a close one. Halls pitching was very shakey and defense needs to be firmed up. A lot of excitment to start District play. Wednesday will be another huge test for this Red Devil squad.

This team will not be like Halls teams from the past few years. They have some very talented athletes but the big sticks of Lockwood & Lucas and there leadership will be missed. Only two starters return Shortstop Brent Perry & Center fielder Daniel Dayton. Mostly a Junior group with very little varsity experience. Gary Cooper, Spencer Fielden & John Clarke has some pitching experience from last year and they have gained a talented sophomore to replace Lucas at Catcher JD Wallace.

Tyler Brock will be called upon to get on base and disrupt the other teams pitching. Brent Perry will be required to be the contact #2 batter to set up for RBI guys Bowman, Wallace & Dayton. Feilden, Davis, Clifton & Noe will complete a deep order that pounded out 10 hits in their first game Monday night.

I think this team will compete and could be a force toward the end of the season gaining more experience as they go along.

Were baaaaaaaack............................... maybe minus the longball threat but top to bottom this team looks good offensively and cut down tonight on the errors in the field. 2-0 against a tough opponent in West. We will see what this young team has next week against a tough Karns team. A great early season matchup.

Solid game last night from the Red Devils.

Halls seems to always put a good product on the field each and every year. Still early and nothing is won in March but this team seems to have a little swagger about them.

Fielden looked great pitching and with the lineup all contributing this should be a good year for this young team.