Whos your top ten in AA?

noquarter

QUOTE(Crushedredpepper @ Feb 12 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826368807[/snapback]

I have not followed Lipscomb baseball in a few years, but aren't they considered contenders every year? I know they have a bunch of state championships. Maybe things have changed, but seems like they used to field a really good ballteam every year.

Lipscomb will have a very competitive team with some sound pitching and defense. On any given day they could beat most teams because they can throw some pretty good arms at you, but this is a relatively young team (they lost 6 senior starters off last years team).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hasbeen7 @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:18 AM) 826367021[/snapback]

It's good to see Liberty's lights up-ready for those night games! What about their pitching ? Any freshmen that will see action? Good luck this year.

Thanks .....that was quite a project.

I think Liberty will be pretty strong at pitching this year......Sr's. Alex Marbury and Shawn Selph, Jr. Gavin Lindsey, a few pretty good sophmores, Matt Haynes, Josh Lindsey, Brian Ferrell. As far as freshmen go....I'm not really sure. I think Kyle Brown is pretty good....I've seen him pitch a little, he may see some time, along with a couple others.... I don't really want to start naming names....I might leave somebody out.....we've got alot of good kids. I think Liberty can go pretty deep this year.....I'm really impressed with their work ethic.

Pigeon Forge is going to be a force to be reconned with in AA this season. They lost alot of Seniors last year, but they have added some excellent Seniors that have moved to the area. Plus they have a very tough Sophomore group of kids like Brandon Wilson, Mark Isaacs, ans Dale ferrell that started almost every game last year with State Playoff experience. Pigeon Forge has a Freshman pitcher that throws very hard named Bret Gallihugh, and he will provide some Fire Power that the Tigers lost when Tyler Cannon Graduated. Offensively the Tigers should be even better this year than last year with more power hitters in the lineup. Keep an eye on the Pigeon Forge Tigers.

Harpeth is for sure on this list they have around 7 every game starters since there sophomore year and 5 guys that I can think of that have already signed, back for there senior year. They have a stout pitching rotation, and some big hitters. I look for them to go deep in state this year, because I am sure they(seniors) are tired of just going to state and losing the first two games, which they have done the past two years. They will be ready.

david lipscomb wil end up playing harpeth again for the sectional and then it will be a toss up for who makes it to state....last year harpeth played great and david lipscomb hit a wall with their bats and defense! look for these two teams to dominate all year!!! DL and Harpeth split last year with 2 good outings by senior RH pitcher Josh Holt hurling a 3 hitter vs. Harpeth in the first matchup and then he lost to harpeth in the sectional game when he came out in the 4th after Harpeth got their 2ND hit of the game and were down 6 to 0!?!?!?! thats explains a lot to what happened to DL last year!!!

look for upperman this year they were done wrong last year by a rainout called game which upperman had the lead in the last inning but because they did not finish the inning it went back to the last full inning where the other team had the lead but they are young i think they are returning all starters if not this year i think they will be a force to be reconned with in years to come

QUOTE(its_nasty_time @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826370227[/snapback]

david lipscomb wil end up playing harpeth again for the sectional and then it will be a toss up for who makes it to state....last year harpeth played great and david lipscomb hit a wall with their bats and defense! look for these two teams to dominate all year!!! DL and Harpeth split last year with 2 good outings by senior RH pitcher Josh Holt hurling a 3 hitter vs. Harpeth in the first matchup and then he lost to harpeth in the sectional game when he came out in the 4th after Harpeth got their 2ND hit of the game and were down 6 to 0!?!?!?! thats explains a lot to what happened to DL last year!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!! First off the first game was not a 3-hitter, although DL did beat Harpeth. And YOU were taken out in the 3rd inning and (why would a coach take YOU out if your throwing a 1-hitter) and the score was not 6-0 DL in the 4th inning. Because YOU gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. Oh and DL didnt even come close to scoring 6 runs the whole game, Harpeth defeated DL 14-1 and if you need proof I would be more than happy to provide it for you, Josh Holt. And what happened to DL last year is about like this, they thought that since they won the State the year before everyone would just lay down and let them run over everyone, well YOU were wrong. Harpeth was not intimidated they just flat out beat you, 14-1.

QUOTE(melabonz @ Feb 12 2007 - 08:40 PM) 826369276[/snapback]

Pigeon Forge is going to be a force to be reconned with in AA this season. They lost alot of Seniors last year, but they have added some excellent Seniors that have moved to the area. Plus they have a very tough Sophomore group of kids like Brandon Wilson, Mark Isaacs, ans Dale ferrell that started almost every game last year with State Playoff experience. Pigeon Forge has a Freshman pitcher that throws very hard named Bret Gallihugh, and he will provide some Fire Power that the Tigers lost when Tyler Cannon Graduated. Offensively the Tigers should be even better this year than last year with more power hitters in the lineup. Keep an eye on the Pigeon Forge Tigers.

Yes they lost a lot... but no they havent added any seniors... Derrick Metcalf, Adam Myers, Jason Butcher, Micheal Apparicio, and Brandon Guidry are the seniors and all played last year or the year prior to last. Also Brett Gallihugh throws semi hard but not over-powering. The back up second baseman as a freshman last year, Jamison Johnson, might be out with shoulder problems for this year leaving a spot open in the infield. Competitive in their district but not beyond that.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826370318[/snapback]

LOL!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!! First off the first game was not a 3-hitter, although DL did beat Harpeth. And YOU were taken out in the 3rd inning and (why would a coach take YOU out if your throwing a 1-hitter) and the score was not 6-0 DL in the 4th inning. Because YOU gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. Oh and DL didnt even come close to scoring 6 runs the whole game, Harpeth defeated DL 14-1 and if you need proof I would be more than happy to provide it for you, Josh Holt. And what happened to DL last year is about like this, they thought that since they won the State the year before everyone would just lay down and let them run over everyone, well YOU were wrong. Harpeth was not intimidated they just flat out beat you, 14-1.

im sorry son but u r sadly mistaken!!! i am looking at the score book right now and it says 3-1....and there are only 3 harpeth hits....hmmm...u sure bout that?and yes I was taken out when u got ur 3rd hit of the game b/c we couldn't make a play in the field...Yes u would have won the game anyway even if we didn't make any errors...sorry for have a sub-par game!! but if u ever get back to state....TRY WINNING ATLEAST ONE GAME!!

QUOTE(its_nasty_time @ Feb 13 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826370608[/snapback]

im sorry son but u r sadly mistaken!!! i am looking at the score book right now and it says 3-1....and there are only 3 harpeth hits....hmmm...u sure bout that?and yes I was taken out when u got ur 3rd hit of the game b/c we couldn't make a play in the field...Yes u would have won the game anyway even if we didn't make any errors...sorry for have a sub-par game!! but if u ever get back to state....TRY WINNING ATLEAST ONE GAME!!

DId DL make it to state last year????