1st Matt Lettner - SD (12)

2nd Jacques Smith - OOL (9)

3rd Todd Worley - HIX (10)

4th Dale Bates - ER (11)

1st Cody Sliger - OOL (11)

2nd Bill Zimmerman - SD (11)

3rd Brian Goode - HIX (12)

4th Anthony Lewis - RB (12)

Slight mistake in this morning's Chattanooga paper covering the Region 4 results. It said Matt Lettner, Soddy Daisy 215 pounder, was the only Region 4 wrestler entering the state tourney undefeated.

Let's not forget ND's 119 who is 44-0 this year.

Kudos to both of these fine young men.

Kudos to all that went at this year.

Congrats to Soddy and Ooltewah for having an outstanding tournament.

Shout out to the Irish grapplers who got it done

Nick "the duck" Millard 4th

Orin Headrick 4th

Eric "Big Freshman " Phipps 4th

Eric Heider 3rd

Ryan Burdette 2nd

Tee Boone Champion

Mr Adamson Champion

Pat Flynn Champion

The Irish OW goes to........................................

No it's not Pat Flynn.

Pat should have recieved the tournamnet Ow (without a doubt), with no offense to Tyler R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N but Pat beat an excellent wrestler in Jake Young. How good is Jake Young you ask, his carreer record for two years was something like 75-1 with this Sophomore only previous lost coming at the hands of Mr Creagen. Pat to be truthful has not been in Jakes league with a 18-8 lost at tha lOngggggggggggggggggggggggg Cental Inv as the latest evidence. He stepped it up and did what we all thought might could happen. I am deeply found of both these young men and am so proud as the way they carry themselves on and off the mat. Go OLpffffffffff

The Irish OW goes to Evan Souther our big Man. Evan won 2 matches during the Region Tournament which double his season victories. Way to go Evan.

It 's time to get it on.

Mr Adamson vs Mr Johnson- should be a great one buttttttttttt

I'll take my man for any amount.

I'll be wearing the beads come Weds in case I have any takers

Proud of ALL my Irish Wrestlers

Thank You

BCB

QUOTE(bear cat brown @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826366181[/snapback]

The Irish OW goes to Evan Souther our big Man. Evan won 2 matches during the Region Tournament which double his season victories. Way to go Evan

BCB

I was thinking about who you might select as your OW. It was a difficult decision for me, as well.

Obviously, it starts with our champions. The men who have been champions all year: Tee, Jay, and Flynn

With Tee really opening up against Stewart in what was his most decisive victory of the year over Dustin.

And Jay doing the same with his opponent with a 12-0 victory over 3rd-ranked, Wes Brett.

And finally Pat Flynn finally getting a victory over the superstar owl, Jake Young

8-4.

It seemed Flynn was the obvious choice for Irish OW.

But then I remembered Big Evan. What a show he put on for the Irish Faithful. His two key pins secured our spot as the number three team in the toughest region in the state. Although he came up just short of the podium, and a berth in the state, Evan, just like Dylan Heath in Clarksville, became another Unlikely Irish Hero last night. Congratulations and good luck to all our boys in green.

Mr. Wonderful

Congrats to the Owls on a strong second. This is huge, but no shocker at 171 as I have been wondering what ND's Flynn may do by season's end. Great job against one of TN's most amazing underclassmen of all time, being 171 as a soph and 75-1 is almost unheard of, but a 112 soph is another matter.

Glad to see that Wolfe take all the bumps this season and end up state bound with a big silver!!

QUOTE(TojoYamamoto @ Feb 10 2007 - 07:35 AM) 826365996[/snapback]

Final Team Scores:

290.0 Soddy Daisy

258.0 Ooltewah

176.5 Notre Dame

154.0 Hixson

144.0 Red Bank

89.0 East Ridge

1st Tyler Roberson - SD (12)

2nd Graham Horner - OOL (12)

3rd Alex Mitchell - HIX (11)

4th Eric Phipps - ND (10)

1st Matt Lettner - SD (12)

2nd Jacques Smith - OOL (9)

3rd Todd Worley - HIX (10)

4th Dale Bates - ER (11)

1st Cody Sliger - OOL (11)

2nd Bill Zimmerman - SD (11)

3rd Brian Goode - HIX (12)

4th Anthony Lewis - RB (12)

Great finish for Hixson over rival RB. Kudos to Garrett and crew!! good job with a 10th and 11th grader at 189 and 215. Glad to see Toney back for SD

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 10 2007 - 11:53 PM) 826366906[/snapback]

Great finish for Hixson over rival RB. Kudos to Garrett and crew!! good job with a 10th and 11th grader at 189 and 215. Glad to see Toney back for SD

Red Bank had a very productive tournament. We took 10 wrestlers, 7 finished in the top 4, 6 move on to the state tournament. The wrestler at HWT finished 4th. 171 was very tough, we lost a good wrestler there, wouldev scored points at state. Hwt wrestled 5 matches at state last year. Some very good HWTS from this region, Hixson's kid is a very a goode wrestler. Too bad were a football school, or Coach Emily might could get some kids out to wrestle. I'm taking Walkenvols advice on Monday, see if we can't get these football coaches to quit harrassing kids that wan't to wrestle. They must never have heard of Meradith, Lettner, there was one up at brentwood, went on to play at tennessee, then to the eagles, bubba miller! Do any other programs have such problems with this garbage.

If memory serves me correctly Red Bank would be more of a wrestling school considering they are tops in the state for most individual state champions all time, and they have won more titles or have gone incredibly far way more times than in football. They are just experiencing a drought that will end soon. Coach Emily is doing an amazing job, notice how young that team is (what with two or three 9th graders making state I believe). I can recall when people used to fear Red Bank Wrestling and kids used to want to grow up and wrestle for Red Bank; and I am sure I will see it again. Give it some more time, and I see a state title in the future; especially with a coach like Coach Emily.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 11 2007 - 01:02 AM) 826367000[/snapback]

Red Bank had a very productive tournament. We took 10 wrestlers, 7 finished in the top 4, 6 move on to the state tournament. The wrestler at HWT finished 4th. 171 was very tough, we lost a good wrestler there, wouldev scored points at state. Hwt wrestled 5 matches at state last year. Some very good HWTS from this region, Hixson's kid is a very a goode wrestler. Too bad were a football school, or Coach Emily might could get some kids out to wrestle. I'm taking Walkenvols advice on Monday, see if we can't get these football coaches to quit harrassing kids that wan't to wrestle. They must never have heard of Meradith, Lettner, there was one up at brentwood, went on to play at tennessee, then to the eagles, bubba miller! Do any other programs have such problems with this garbage.

Judging from your posts, you seem to be the parent of 125 for Red Bank, J. Taylor. Send him my congrats, he had my number both times we wrestled. I wish him the best of luck this year at state (as a freshman ), and hopefully we can meet again on the mat next year or down the road, I'm looking forward to wrestling him again. I hope to see him tear some people up next week at state too.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 11 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826367689[/snapback]

Judging from your posts, you seem to be the parent of 125 for Red Bank, J. Taylor. Send him my congrats, he had my number both times we wrestled. I wish him the best of luck this year at state (as a freshman ), and hopefully we can meet again on the mat next year or down the road, I'm looking forward to wrestling him again. I hope to see him tear some people up next week at state too.

Thank you!

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 10 2007 - 11:53 PM) 826366906[/snapback]

Great finish for Red Bank over rival Hixson. Kudos to Coach Emily, Coach Tolbert, and Coach Varnell. Good job with two freshman, a sophmore, a junior, and our senior Andy Siler. We will miss you Andy.