District 13AA

milanbb2005

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:58 AM) 826369865[/snapback]

i realize that you're young and don't fully understand what i'm saying so i'm gonna try to explain it to you. the 7 players weren't even on the team yet. they were all freshmen at the time(this didn't happen all in one year it was over a span of three years)they hadn't even tryed out for the team and one didn't even know if he wanted to because of football but was convinced to by joyner. i'm also pretty sure you weren't invited to workout with the team before you tryed out the first time. that means you weren't guaranteed a spot on the team because you didn't get asked to work out before tryouts, you didn't have a certain last name or you're parents weren't members of the country club. i'm glad you made the team and contributed in some way in the championship. that means you earned it. there were and still are some players who don't deserve to be on that team but they are simply because of who they are and not because of how they can play. i've been around baseball nearly all my life and coached for 20 years and know there's alot of politcs and favors passed around when it comes to getting certain players on the team that don't deserve it. as far as me bashing my own town man that's my perogative but what you don't seem to understand is that i'm not bashing him, i'm just stating facts that most parents and former players would agree with.joyner is a good coach. he just needs to work on being a better person and being fair when it comes to the players he chooses and didn't choose. as you get older and wiser i'm sure all of this will make sense to you and you will probaly agree with me. if not then GOD BLESS!!

I think i understand what you are trying to say but i have to disagree with you.. and yes i was invited to "work out" with the team before i tried out as a freshman if that makes a difference...coach joyner picks the best of what he has to choose from and the best 9 will play no questions asked.. no one is guaranteed to start.. he plays who works the hardest and has the most game..as a coach and a person i do not know anyone fairer than coach joyner.. he obviously did a good job of picking the 04 team since we went 41-3 and ended as State Champions.. i think he did something right dont you think?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826370665[/snapback]

I think i understand what you are trying to say but i have to disagree with you.. and yes i was invited to "work out" with the team before i tried out as a freshman if that makes a difference...coach joyner picks the best of what he has to choose from and the best 9 will play no questions asked.. no one is guaranteed to start.. he plays who works the hardest and has the most game..as a coach and a person i do not know anyone fairer than coach joyner.. he obviously did a good job of picking the 04 team since we went 41-3 and ended as State Champions.. i think he did something right dont you think?

like i said , when you get older you will fully understand.

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:40 PM) 826370759[/snapback]

im old enough and been around the game of baseball long enough to understand it and know that he has accomplished a lot as coach at milan over the years

you see little dude that's not what i'm even talking about . i haven't been talking about his accomplishments. you don't understand. you're like that other boy, you only see the color in the picture which is the positive. you have to remember that you have to have a negative to make the positive. just forget it , this conversation is way over you're head. joyner is a good coach but he definitely needs some fine tuning when it comes to being a person.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:17 AM) 826371112[/snapback]

you see little dude that's not what i'm even talking about . i haven't been talking about his accomplishments. you don't understand. you're like that other boy, you only see the color in the picture which is the positive. you have to remember that you have to have a negative to make the positive. just forget it , this conversation is way over you're head. joyner is a good coach but he definitely needs some fine tuning when it comes to being a person.

Little dude? Eh, ok.... by the way Mr. Sir where did you coach for 20 years?... It seems to me that myself and the "other boy" understood what you were trying to say since we both took it the same way.. so maybe you just have a bad way of explaining yourself is all...

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826371673[/snapback]

Little dude? Eh, ok.... by the way Mr. Sir where did you coach for 20 years?... It seems to me that myself and the "other boy" understood what you were trying to say since we both took it the same way.. so maybe you just have a bad way of explaining yourself is all...

you both took it the same way because you're both boys. didn't mean to get you torn up about the little dude thing, it's just that when you're 6' 5" most people are little dudes. i apologise if you thought it was insulting.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826371687[/snapback]

you both took it the same way because you're both boys. didn't mean to get you torn up about the little dude thing, it's just that when you're 6' 5" most people are little dudes. i apologise if you thought it was insulting.

Naw doesn't insult me, personally dont really care how tall you are.. but you still never answered the question of "where" you coached for 20 years?...guess it makes you feel superior calling us boys or something but alright then whatever makes you feel good Mr.

QUOTE(westtn2004state @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:22 AM) 826372589[/snapback]

HEYYYYYY YOUUU...I really don't fully understand Dawg44's comments. I started every game when I was on Joyners team and also was a senior when we won the State Championship. I don't remember anything about somebody making the team that "wasn't supposed to". I dont recall Joyner picking up someone just to wear a jersey. Because what your saying is that hes picked up kids simply because of their last name...and not because of how good they were. That would mean that they sat the bench and never played one out. For me to believe it, you would have to say personal names of who you are referring to. Joyner coached me to lose only one game in Tennessee my Senior year. That would put my Senior year at 39-1. OVERALL 41-3. WOW. Think about that for a second. 41-3. That is simply ridiculous. Look back and watch me smack that! I think he deserves better than this criticism.

ZOOM!! what was that? it was this coversation going way over you're head too.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 15 2007 - 06:20 AM) 826372650[/snapback]

ZOOM!! what was that? it was this coversation going way over you're head too.

As a former state championship team member i would advise you kindly not to discredit any of the accomplishments of legendary baseball coach donny joyner... I would also have no country club membership nor is their anything special about my last name.. your statements are truly erroneous and everyone who has viewed this forum is now less intelligent for reading your commentsGOD BLESS!!!! and good day sir

P.S. the only thing ZOOMING around here is your "hover round" you senial ricky bobby want to be..

??? do you have a chubby and is this indeed the best day of your life

it has become quiet clear that none of you kids know how to read very well. i haven't discredited any of coach joyners accomplishments. he is a good coach(better than i ever was) though hardly a legend. he still needs to win a couple more chamoionships and i don't see that happening since the white baseball bloodline has all but ran out. so come on guy's, think about it. you know there were and still are some players on that team who didn't or don't belong while there were and are some kids who tryed out but didn't make it who should have. that is all i have been talking about but you guy's seem to think i'm slammin the guy on his accomplishments. i'm not he is a good coach, one of the best when it comes to the game that i love and respect. like i said politics run rampant when there is room for only so many players. it's not just baseball, it's basketball and softball and any other team sport where only so many players can make the team. deep down(EVEN THOUGH YA'LL WANT ADMIT IT) everyone of you know i'm right. it's just a part of life in high school sports that's been going on for years (even back when i was in school and yes i made the baseball team and started) that i will NEVER adjust to. i'm done guy's i hope all of you have successful honest lives to look forward to. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!