District 13AA

milanbb2005

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826367158[/snapback]

if coach joyner can convince the coleman kid who transfered from dresden to tryouot monday then he would have more depth on the mound, at the plate and in the outfield for milan this spring. the kid is a HOSS!

we would love to have the kid on our team this year but coach joyner is not going to beg anyone to play.. if he tries maybe he'll make it if he doesn't try out then we move on without him no big deal.

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826367204[/snapback]

we would love to have the kid on our team this year but coach joyner is not going to beg anyone to play.. if he tries maybe he'll make it if he doesn't try out then we move on without him no big deal.

i didn't say anything about begging. i can tell you that i know of 7 former players that he personally went to and asked to start working out with the team before the tryouts were even held. i'm not gonna name names but i'm sure you know who i'm talking about because all 7 were instrumental in the state championship they won especially 4 of them, so don't come back and say joyner don't do no persuading before hand because i know it for a fact. if he try's out he will make it , and if by some act of god he doesn't then anyone with half a brain will know the political sports arena is still alive and well in milan high school. no sour grapes here either (before you start accusing me of it) my son was a 3 year letterman for joyner and enjoyed every minute of it as did i. but i know it helps to have a certain last name or a membership to the milan country club to guarantee a spot on the team and i don't play golf either.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 11 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826367777[/snapback]

i didn't say anything about begging. i can tell you that i know of 7 former players that he personally went to and asked to start working out with the team before the tryouts were even held. i'm not gonna name names but i'm sure you know who i'm talking about because all 7 were instrumental in the state championship they won especially 4 of them, so don't come back and say joyner don't do no persuading before hand because i know it for a fact. if he try's out he will make it , and if by some act of god he doesn't then anyone with half a brain will know the political sports arena is still alive and well in milan high school. no sour grapes here either (before you start accusing me of it) my son was a 3 year letterman for joyner and enjoyed every minute of it as did i. but i know it helps to have a certain last name or a membership to the milan country club to guarantee a spot on the team and i don't play golf either.

im pretty sure the 4 players you are talking about were "reminded" of workouts not persuaded.. and you have a lot of nerve to sit here and bash your own town man sayin you have to have a golf membership.. because if im not mistaken my last name is normal and i dont play golf and i was on the 04 championship team myself.... and btw i never accused you of anything i just think you were implying the word "begging"...all returning players work out during the off season together not just a certain few

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 13 2007 - 03:05 AM) 826369761[/snapback]

im pretty sure the 4 players you are talking about were "reminded" of workouts not persuaded.. and you have a lot of nerve to sit here and bash your own town man sayin you have to have a golf membership.. because if im not mistaken my last name is normal and i dont play golf and i was on the 04 championship team myself.... and btw i never accused you of anything i just think you were implying the word "begging"...and all returning baseball players work out before season thats not anything special and if your son played for milan then you should know that yourself...

i realize that you're young and don't fully understand what i'm saying so i'm gonna try to explain it to you. the 7 players weren't even on the team yet. they were all freshmen at the time(this didn't happen all in one year it was over a span of three years)they hadn't even tryed out for the team and one didn't even know if he wanted to because of football but was convinced to by joyner. i'm also pretty sure you weren't invited to workout with the team before you tryed out the first time. that means you weren't guaranteed a spot on the team because you didn't get asked to work out before tryouts, you didn't have a certain last name or you're parents weren't members of the country club. i'm glad you made the team and contributed in some way in the championship. that means you earned it. there were and still are some players who don't deserve to be on that team but they are simply because of who they are and not because of how they can play. i've been around baseball nearly all my life and coached for 20 years and know there's alot of politcs and favors passed around when it comes to getting certain players on the team that don't deserve it. as far as me bashing my own town man that's my perogative but what you don't seem to understand is that i'm not bashing him, i'm just stating facts that most parents and former players would agree with.joyner is a good coach. he just needs to work on being a better person and being fair when it comes to the players he chooses and didn't choose. as you get older and wiser i'm sure all of this will make sense to you and you will probaly agree with me. if not then GOD BLESS!!

First off i would just like to say that Coach Joyner is probably one of the best coaches i have ever played for or seen. He is also very fair when it comes to who makes the team and who doesn't. I have seen this for myself. And as far as politics, that is ridiculous. It doesn't matter who your parents are or who you are. All that matters is if your good you make the team and if your not, you don't. Now i don't know what your grudge is but it seems as though you have one. Possibly you have a son who didn't make the team, I don't know. But by you saying the things you have, you are not only bashing Coach Joyner and the baseball team, you are bashing the City of Milan as well. So please think about what you are saying before you post next time.

QUOTE(footballfan2004 @ Feb 13 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826370416[/snapback]

First off i would just like to say that Coach Joyner is probably one of the best coaches i have ever played for or seen. He is also very fair when it comes to who makes the team and who doesn't. I have seen this for myself. And as far as politics, that is ridiculous. It doesn't matter who your parents are or who you are. All that matters is if your good you make the team and if your not, you don't. Now i don't know what your grudge is but it seems as though you have one. Possibly you have a son who didn't make the team, I don't know. But by you saying the things you have, you are not only bashing Coach Joyner and the baseball team, you are bashing the City of Milan as well. So please think about what you are saying before you post next time.

i can see you're one of those that only sees what's in front of him and not what is around or behind him. read or reread all my post and if you have any sense you'll get a better understanding. this is not bashing, joyner is a good coach but wake up and smell the coffee junior as long as there is only room for so many players on a team then there is gonna be politics and favortism and you scratch my back and i'll scratch your's goings on. come on son you can't be that guiilble. GOD BLESS!