District 13AA

milanbb2005

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 24 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826387244[/snapback]It's not bashing the coach.....Bobby Knight bites as a person,but the man is a heckuva basketball coach.....

Dawg44....You are not going to get too many kids to admit their coach does some of the things you say Joyner has done,especially if they started on the team...Most kids would run thru a wall for their coaches and take it personally if someone says anything that could be construed as derogatory,whether it be true or not....

I'll tell you this,I wish Joyner would stick to baseball and put up the officials whistle......

And coaching Little League,Babe Ruth or travel ball is coaching...I don't imagine some of you guys that played and excelled in baseball could have done it without your youth league coach...Whoever said it wasn't coaching doesn't know what he is talking about....

What I got out of Dawg44's posts was that he thought Joyner was a very good coach..I didn't get any sour grapes out of his comments,seeing as how his kid made the team and lettered three years..He just stated that some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" were a little shady...Young men...If you don't think that kind of stuff goes on EVERYWHERE else,you have lived a sheltered life...Believe me,when you become fathers with kids of your own you will understand...

Then if it happens everywhere then why even bring it up? Why try to blow it up if this happens at all places and sports? And if im not mistaken coach joyner received official of the year...

To the dawg44- we appreciate your support

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 24 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826387244[/snapback]It's not bashing the coach.....Bobby Knight bites as a person,but the man is a heckuva basketball coach.....

Dawg44....You are not going to get too many kids to admit their coach does some of the things you say Joyner has done,especially if they started on the team...Most kids would run thru a wall for their coaches and take it personally if someone says anything that could be construed as derogatory,whether it be true or not....

I'll tell you this,I wish Joyner would stick to baseball and put up the officials whistle......

And coaching Little League,Babe Ruth or travel ball is coaching...I don't imagine some of you guys that played and excelled in baseball could have done it without your youth league coach...Whoever said it wasn't coaching doesn't know what he is talking about....

What I got out of Dawg44's posts was that he thought Joyner was a very good coach..I didn't get any sour grapes out of his comments,seeing as how his kid made the team and lettered three years..He just stated that some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" were a little shady...Young men...If you don't think that kind of stuff goes on EVERYWHERE else,you have lived a sheltered life...Believe me,when you become fathers with kids of your own you will understand...

Very well put dude. I'm glad someone else see's that coaching is coaching, no matter what level it is...

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:19 AM) 826388123[/snapback]Then if it happens everywhere then why even bring it up? Why try to blow it up if this happens at all places and sports? And if im not mistaken coach joyner received official of the year...

To the dawg44- we appreciate your support

You only get bits and pieces out of posts don't you??......

Joyner won official of the year??.....Who told you that??

QUOTE(12yr.oldchamps @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826388475[/snapback]The future of Milan baseball looks very good. Some talented freshman joined the team this year and there are some talented 8th graders coming in 08'.

Good luck this year.

Who are the talented freshmen? Who are the talented 8th graders?

QUOTE(MilanDog9 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826388134[/snapback]Very well put dude. I'm glad someone else see's that coaching is coaching, no matter what level it is...

Grey...are you seriously tellin me that you can compare a little league coach that is tryin to tie his sons shoes to a coach such as Bobby Cox? Thats gotta be a joke i hope

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826391325[/snapback]Grey...are you seriously tellin me that you can compare a little league coach that is tryin to tie his sons shoes to a coach such as Bobby Cox? Thats gotta be a joke i hope

Look, I never once said that I'm comparing the two...I know coaching little league is nothing compared to coaching high school, college, or professional ball. All I was saying is that coaching is coaching. Little league is more or less were players are really coached on the fundamentals of baseball. Each class they move up to, they learn more and more...or at least that's how it was with me. I started learning the fundamentals of the game in little league, and every year from then I progressed with my skills...more for pitching than anything, haha. But nonetheless, my knowledge of the game and skills for playing the game became better...especially after playing high school ball. But once again, I wasn't implying that coaching little league was anything compared to higher levels...