District 13AA

milanbb2005

QUOTE(MilanDog9 @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:54 AM) 826378868[/snapback]You guys seem to think that thedawg44 keeps bashing Coach Joyner...well read the statement above. Thedawg44 clearly states what he thinks about Joyner's coaching right there. And just so you all know, this guy is a well respected coach. He knows his baseball and many of his past players will tell you that. And even if he has just coached Little League or Babe Ruth, last I checked, that's still coaching.

Check again. It's not.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826381240[/snapback]Check again. It's not.

It's not?? Hmm...so tell me why it's not coaching. Because last I checked, in Little League and Babe Ruth, kids are learning and being coached on the fundamentals of the game of baseball. So if that's not coaching, then please enlighten me on your description of coaching.

And to milanbb2005, you're right...coaching Little League and Babe Ruth is nowhere near coaching high school, but I never said it was...

QUOTE(MilanDog9 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:43 PM) 826381914[/snapback]It's not?? Hmm...so tell me why it's not coaching. Because last I checked, in Little League and Babe Ruth, kids are learning and being coached on the fundamentals of the game of baseball. So if that's not coaching, then please enlighten me on your description of coaching.

And to milanbb2005, you're right...coaching Little League and Babe Ruth is nowhere near coaching high school, but I never said it was...

That's all i needed to hear.. even though i would really like to know who thedawg44 is

QUOTE(MilanDog9 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826384602[/snapback]I know Milan seems to be looking good for this season once again, but I'm not too sure about the pitching depth. Who else will be on the mound besides Fields? And will he be the ace for Milan this year?

More pitching depth than last year.. if you had to call someone an ace then yes it could be Fields..I would say Milan has around 8 or 9 guys that will see time on the hill this year consistently..

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826378912[/snapback]as far as im concerned saying coach joyner is a good coach then turning around and saying he's a bad person is still bashing in my eyes..and coaching little league and baberuth ball is nowhere near coaching high school baseball so dont even try to put those on the same levels cuz that ain't workin.. but alright i would like to start talking about "District 13AA" since that is the topic.. GOD BLESS!

It's not bashing the coach.....Bobby Knight bites as a person,but the man is a heckuva basketball coach.....

Dawg44....You are not going to get too many kids to admit their coach does some of the things you say Joyner has done,especially if they started on the team...Most kids would run thru a wall for their coaches and take it personally if someone says anything that could be construed as derogatory,whether it be true or not....

I'll tell you this,I wish Joyner would stick to baseball and put up the officials whistle......

And coaching Little League,Babe Ruth or travel ball is coaching...I don't imagine some of you guys that played and excelled in baseball could have done it without your youth league coach...Whoever said it wasn't coaching doesn't know what he is talking about....

What I got out of Dawg44's posts was that he thought Joyner was a very good coach..I didn't get any sour grapes out of his comments,seeing as how his kid made the team and lettered three years..He just stated that some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" were a little shady...Young men...If you don't think that kind of stuff goes on EVERYWHERE else,you have lived a sheltered life...Believe me,when you become fathers with kids of your own you will understand...

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 24 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826387244[/snapback]It's not bashing the coach.....Bobby Knight bites as a person,but the man is a heckuva basketball coach.....

Dawg44....You are not going to get too many kids to admit their coach does some of the things you say Joyner has done,especially if they started on the team...Most kids would run thru a wall for their coaches and take it personally if someone says anything that could be construed as derogatory,whether it be true or not....

I'll tell you this,I wish Joyner would stick to baseball and put up the officials whistle......

And coaching Little League,Babe Ruth or travel ball is coaching...I don't imagine some of you guys that played and excelled in baseball could have done it without your youth league coach...Whoever said it wasn't coaching doesn't know what he is talking about....

What I got out of Dawg44's posts was that he thought Joyner was a very good coach..I didn't get any sour grapes out of his comments,seeing as how his kid made the team and lettered three years..He just stated that some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" were a little shady...Young men...If you don't think that kind of stuff goes on EVERYWHERE else,you have lived a sheltered life...Believe me,when you become fathers with kids of your own you will understand...

thank you very much! it's nice to finally get some understanding. good luck to milan.