District 13AA

milanbb2005

QUOTE(footballfan2004 @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:25 PM) 826373470[/snapback]

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Im sorry that your child didn't make team. Evidently he wasn't good enough so don't blame his lack of talent on coaches or politics. Maybe you need to get in the backyard and teach him some of your skills since you've coached for 20 years.

i said i was done, but have to tell you that if you would read back on my posts you would see that my son did make the team and lettered 3 years for joyner. that was because i did get in the backyard with him and teach him how to play the game and joyner being the good coach that he is made him even better. read my posts before you start accusing me of sour grapes. by the way he also was given a scholarship to play ball in college. so mine and joyners results paid off. so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it little dude because you're really starting to irrtate me. now i'm done!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(westtn2004state @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826373809[/snapback]

I was trying to be nice..If you are going to start something, then finish it. Say WHO you are, and WHO your talking about. Im tired of the "beating around the bush" stories about politics and who shouldnt and should make the team. Stamp that.

Please all of ya stop... this arguing is makin me sick, it makes me just wanna quit getting on coacht... i thought we were talkin about how district 13AA was going to be this year? how about we do that

I played for Coach Joyner while in high school as a pitcher. He is a great coach and knows the game of baseball very well. Not to mention that he has 2 solid assistant coaches in Holden and Patterson. I wasn't a great ball player when I made the team, but I was good enough. Playing under these 3 coaches I gained alot of experience, and saw alot of things. During tryouts every year, there were always kids that deserved to make the team. And for the person asking for names, I'll give some. Bubba Alexander for one...he was an all around good ball player with a great arm and attitude. He could hit the ball a ton and was really quick out of the box. David Skerrit was another player who deserved to be on the team. He is an excellent outfielder with an unbelievable arm, and great speed. He's the kind of player that could be an asset for any team. Hunter Jones also deserved a spot on the team. As a pitcher, he threw very well. He had great speed and accuracy. These are just a few names, I'm sure there were more that I can't think of at the moment. And to name players that didn't deserve to be on the team, well I don't think it's appropriate to say. But I are indeed players that do not deserve to be on that team. However, kids that aren't quite good enough when they make it usually become pretty good ball players. That's just the kind of coaches Joyner, Holden, and Patterson are. They can turn a weak player into a good player. And they can turn a good player into a great player. I've seen this done many times. Playing for Milan helped me achieve a chance to play college ball, which was a goal of mine. And I don't think I could've done it if it weren't for all the great coaching I was given, whether it came from my dad or the Milan Bulldog coaching staff. I don't want any crap saying that I'm bashing Coach Joyner, because I'm NOT. He is a great coach and will continue being a great coach.

QUOTE(westtn2004state @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826373809[/snapback]

I was trying to be nice..If you are going to start something, then finish it. Say WHO you are, and WHO your talking about. Im tired of the "beating around the bush" stories about politics and who shouldnt and should make the team. Stamp that.

i might be talking about you if i knew who you were. STAMP THAT!!! DONE AGAIN.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 15 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826373323[/snapback]

it has become quiet clear that none of you kids know how to read very well. i haven't discredited any of coach joyners accomplishments. he is a good coach(better than i ever was) though hardly a legend. he still needs to win a couple more chamoionships and i don't see that happening since the white baseball bloodline has all but ran out. so come on guy's, think about it. you know there were and still are some players on that team who didn't or don't belong while there were and are some kids who tryed out but didn't make it who should have. that is all i have been talking about but you guy's seem to think i'm slammin the guy on his accomplishments. i'm not he is a good coach, one of the best when it comes to the game that i love and respect. like i said politics run rampant when there is room for only so many players. it's not just baseball, it's basketball and softball and any other team sport where only so many players can make the team. deep down(EVEN THOUGH YA'LL WANT ADMIT IT) everyone of you know i'm right. it's just a part of life in high school sports that's been going on for years (even back when i was in school and yes i made the baseball team and started) that i will NEVER adjust to. i'm done guy's i hope all of you have successful honest lives to look forward to. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Ok you contradict yourself by saying the word "team" then you say milan is nothing without a "White" on the team... man a good coach can make anything happen so please have you not figured out by now that this is an argument that you cannot win.. So.. Just let it go.......P.S. i look to see Milan go farther this year than last year and last year there was 2 of the so called bloodline.. And once again you have yet to answer where you coached for 20 years.. Are you referring to all the years of little league and baberuth baseball as coaching?

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826374581[/snapback]

Ok you contradict yourself by saying the word "team" then you say milan is nothing without a "White" on the team... man a good coach can make anything happen so please have you not figured out by now that this is an argument that you cannot win.. So.. Just let it go.......P.S. i look to see Milan go farther this year than last year and last year there was 2 of the so called bloodline.. And once again you have yet to answer where you coached for 20 years.. Are you referring to all the years of little league and baberuth baseball as coaching?

NO CONTRADICTION HERE. i never said anything about milan being nothing without a white on the team. but it sure helps to have a couple and you and all the other posters know it. and i think milan would have gotten to the state if jonathan white hadn't been on the shelf. it ain't about winning an argument it's about stating facts that you and you're buddies are too immature to admit to. when ya'll grow up in about 10 years or so you'll agree and then i'll tell you who i am and when and where i coached." DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE HAPPY, DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE MAD, BUT I'M GONE-GONE-GONE!!" p.s. milan want get anywhere near the state without some help on the mound but i'll be rootin for them anyway. see ya at the park. BYE-BYE.

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826374925[/snapback]

NO CONTRADICTION HERE. i never said anything about milan being nothing without a white on the team. but it sure helps to have a couple and you and all the other posters know it. and i think milan would have gotten to the state if jonathan white hadn't been on the shelf. it ain't about winning an argument it's about stating facts that you and you're buddies are too immature to admit to. when ya'll grow up in about 10 years or so you'll agree and then i'll tell you who i am and when and where i coached." DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE HAPPY, DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE MAD, BUT I'M GONE-GONE-GONE!!" p.s. milan want get anywhere near the state without some help on the mound but i'll be rootin for them anyway. see ya at the park. BYE-BYE.

More pitching depth this year than last year and also overall better team than last year.. its ok.. you dont have to tell us of all your brilliant years of coaching the big time little league and br teams.. i believe we possibly know who you are.. JM

QUOTE(thedawg44 @ Feb 15 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826373323[/snapback]you guy's seem to think i'm slammin the guy on his accomplishments. i'm not he is a good coach, one of the best when it comes to the game that i love and respect.

You guys seem to think that thedawg44 keeps bashing Coach Joyner...well read the statement above. Thedawg44 clearly states what he thinks about Joyner's coaching right there. And just so you all know, this guy is a well respected coach. He knows his baseball and many of his past players will tell you that. And even if he has just coached Little League or Babe Ruth, last I checked, that's still coaching.

QUOTE(MilanDog9 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826378868[/snapback]You guys seem to think that thedawg44 keeps bashing Coach Joyner...well read the statement above. Thedawg44 clearly states what he thinks about Joyner's coaching right there. And just so you all know, this guy is a well respected coach. He knows his baseball and many of his past players will tell you that. And even if he has just coached Little League or Babe Ruth, last I checked, that's still coaching.

as far as im concerned saying coach joyner is a good coach then turning around and saying he's a bad person is still bashing in my eyes..and coaching little league and baberuth ball is nowhere near coaching high school baseball so dont even try to put those on the same levels cuz that ain't workin.. but alright i would like to start talking about "District 13AA" since that is the topic.. GOD BLESS!