8-AAA

ctownboy

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:29 PM) 826443727[/snapback]Red Raiders 9 Rebels 4...great win for Coffee Co

After Monday nights games, District 8AAA still has a three way tie for first place. Lawrence Co beats Columbia 6-3 and Coffee Co wins 9-4 over Franklin Co. Lincoln Co plays their final two district games Friday and Sat against Tullahoma. Tullahoma beats Shelbyville tonite 12-2 in 6 innings at Shelbyville. Columbia has been a mystery team this season as the Lions usually get better at the end of the season, but not this season. I still think the upcoming district tournament will be one of the most exciting ever.

QUOTE(tennesseelofton @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:18 AM) 826440827[/snapback]I think this year they are goin back to the old tourney ways of having a play-in game. This means the #1 and #2 seeds would get a 1st round bye.

I this for sure? If so it would mean that the number 1 and number 2 seeds will get a 1st round bye? Will all these games be played at Tullahoma or will teams host at their home field.

QUOTE(Legends @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826444068[/snapback]I this for sure? If so it would mean that the number 1 and number 2 seeds will get a 1st round bye? Will all these games be played at Tullahoma or will teams host at their home field.

On Thursday-The 6 will host 7 at home site. Winner moves on to double elimination and loser is out. On Friday-3 will play winner of play-in game and 4 will play 5. Saturday- the winners will move on to play 1 and 2 and so on from there. Under the old format, only the 1 seed got a bye and 2 hosted 7, 3 hosted 6, 4 hosted 5 and all the winners moved on to a central location.

QUOTE(Legends @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826444068[/snapback]I this for sure? If so it would mean that the number 1 and number 2 seeds will get a 1st round bye? Will all these games be played at Tullahoma or will teams host at their home field.

From what I understand the 1 and 2 seeds get a bye. Tullahoma will host the tournament.

QUOTE(pedo_29 @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826444079[/snapback]From what I understand the 1 and 2 seeds get a bye. Tullahoma will host the tournament.

Ok, this is still not clear to me. It doesn't really matter but everyone I have talked to seems to be confused on exactualy how this is going to be done this year. I understand the past but, I have been told it was all different this year and that ALL games would be played at Tullahoma. Does anyone know for sure how the district tournament will be played?

QUOTE(Legends @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826444129[/snapback]Ok, this is still not clear to me. It doesn't really matter but everyone I have talked to seems to be confused on exactualy how this is going to be done this year. I understand the past but, I have been told it was all different this year and that ALL games would be played at Tullahoma. Does anyone know for sure how the district tournament will be played?

I just told you what the format was two posts ago. The number 1 and 2 seeds are off until saturday. The 6 will host 7 on thursday at the 6 home field. The winner moves on to the double elimination round which will be played at Tullahoma starting Friday. Friday's schedule at Tully will be like this: Winner of play in vs 3 seed.

4 vs 5 in next game both winners move on to Saturday to take on the 1 and 2 which got a bye on Friday.

The tournament ends on Wednesday the 9th of may.

QUOTE(columbiaguy @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826444142[/snapback]I just told you what the format was two posts ago. The number 1 and 2 seeds are off until saturday. The 6 will host 7 on thursday at the 6 home field. The winner moves on to the double elimination round which will be played at Tullahoma starting Friday. Friday's schedule at Tully will be like this: Winner of play in vs 3 seed.

4 vs 5 in next game both winners move on to Saturday to take on the 1 and 2 which got a bye on Friday.

The tournament ends on Wednesday the 9th of may.

Well you don't have to be so, anyway I understand what you said!!! What I have been told is that ALL GAMES will be played in Tullahoma this year and NO GAMES will be played at the host schools. That is what I am trying to find out if teams will get to host at their home field.

QUOTE(Legends @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826444166[/snapback]Well you don't have to be so, anyway I understand what you said!!! What I have been told is that ALL GAMES will be played in Tullahoma this year and NO GAMES will be played at the host schools. That is what I am trying to find out if teams will get to host at their home field.

I am 99% sure that all games will be played at Tully EXCEPT for the play in game which will be at the 6 seed home site.

QUOTE(columbiaguy @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826444185[/snapback]I am 99% sure that all games will be played at Tully EXCEPT for the play in game which will be at the 6 seed home site.

Thanks! Everyone has been confused about locations. I knew that the games were usually played like you posted but, rumors were out that ALL games were being played at TTown. I just think that is bad for some schools and it is not the most central location. Its great for teams from Coffee, Winchester, Shelbyville, even Lincoln but, Columbia and Lawrence it is a distance.