8-AAA

ctownboy

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Apr 16 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826438618[/snapback]well tullahoma parks and recreation has developed a lazy bug

anyways they wouldn't fix the soccer field at east so we had to shorten the field by 14 yards

What in the world is going on in Tullahoma? Coaches being forced out, teams are down, players in trouble, fields in bad condition. Is the administration uninterested in athletics? Maybe they are looking to sell off the athletic fields like that parking lot.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dontusee91 @ Apr 16 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826438687[/snapback]What in the world is going on in Tullahoma? Coaches being forced out, teams are down, players in trouble, fields in bad condition. Is the administration uninterested in athletics? Maybe they are looking to sell off the athletic fields like that parking lot.

add arsine to that list also

QUOTE(dontusee91 @ Apr 16 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826438703[/snapback]really? hadn't heard that one.

in july a guy set the press box(at the soccer field)on fire basically destroying the building

on the security tape you can see the dude walking down steps with gasoline then the flames shoot staight up the stairs

I asked someone in Tull who I have known for a long time and is heavily involved within the city about the state of the parks, athletic fields, etc. I had noticed a decline in the football field that was second to none within the HS ranks.

His statement was that the it boils down to the lack of interest or involvement within city council to manage or oversee the Rec dept that has taken advantage of the situation for a long time.

I do remember when Tull facilities were the best around and that wasn't that long ago.

Football and baseball fields were outstanding. Now, alot of area programs have passed them by.

I asked someone in Tull who I have known for a long time and is heavily involved within the city about the state of the parks, athletic fields, etc. I had noticed a decline in the football field that was second to none within the HS ranks.

His statement was that the it boils down to the lack of interest or involvement within city council to manage or oversee the Rec dept that has taken advantage of the situation for a long time.

I do remember when Tull facilities were the best around and that wasn't that long ago.

Football and baseball fields were outstanding. Now, alot of area programs have passed them by.

[/quote

Where I am from, the coaches and volunteer parents maintain the athletic fields. That may be the route T-town has to take. You can't count on local government to do anything.

QUOTE(columbiaguy @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:52 AM) 826439303[/snapback]I hope you are right. Columbia needs a sweep right now.

Yeah, just watching the scores it looks like they are being inconsistent. This is normally the time of year that Pickle has them going well. I'm sure they'll get straightened out.