Girls: 6:45pm Fairview vs. Cloudland

Quarterfinals Tuesday 2/13 Boys: 5:30pm Hampton vs. Harriman

Boys: 6:45pm Oneida vs. Cloudland

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dukefanatic @ Feb 12 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826367600[/snapback]

In the boys I predict it will be Harriman against Livesay, with Harriman winning it all.

On the girls side Oakdale vs. Oliver Springs (a rematch of the Hollis Eble Championship from earlier this year, Oakdale won by about 7). I believe OS will pull this one out.

I predict the Hampton Bulldogs in a close win over Harriman. Does anyone have any info on Harrimans season so far?

QUOTE(dukefanatic @ Feb 11 2007 - 05:55 PM) 826367600[/snapback]

In the boys I predict it will be Harriman against Livesay, with Harriman winning it all.

On the girls side Oakdale vs. Oliver Springs (a rematch of the Hollis Eble Championship from earlier this year, Oakdale won by about 7). I believe OS will pull this one out.

yeah but everybody thought that livesay boys was gunna beat huntsville in the A2 tourny but that turned out different so dont count out the bears just yet....i think the bears r tired of hearin everybody sayin that livesay is gunna win everytime they play and i think they will play with the same intensity they did last time and come out with a win just like in district play...

Hey Dukefanatic, I don't see the Oakdale Girls getting past Rogersville. As much as I would like to see that happen, I don't think its gonna turn out that way. OS on the other side is probably the favorite, but if Fairview heats up they could give them a run. I don't really place a whole lot of mileage in Cloudlands big win over Wearwood because, over the past few years, they are w-e-a-k. Same with Oakdale's victory over Catons Chapel. My final for the girls is:

Oliver Springs vs Rogersville

Livesay and Huntsville's early success bodes well for Oneida in the boys side. The Indians are the class of Area 2. They lost their opener this season (football season was over two days before), and without their best player (Chambers) they got beat by a good Wartburg Club. They have since run the table, and they are as athletic as anyone! I can't say how the other side of the bracket will play out, but Area 2 has had a strong start! The other boys teams to keep an eye on would have to be Hampton and Harriman.

Right now these teams are too hard to predict a clear favorite!

QUOTE(Tennessee1 @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826367738[/snapback]

yeah but everybody thought that livesay boys was gunna beat huntsville in the A2 tourny but that turned out different so dont count out the bears just yet....i think the bears r tired of hearin everybody sayin that livesay is gunna win everytime they play and i think they will play with the same intensity they did last time and come out with a win just like in district play...

No disrespect at all to the Huntsville boys, I know they are a quality team. But A LOT can be said for the type of size Livesay has, especially in Jr. High basketball. Size like that, with talent, wears on a team, and forces them to have to give more effort than normal just to box out and prevent the offensive boards. Good luck to both team, but I will stick with Harriman winning it all. Good luck to Willie and Mike, and their boys.

Tee, its okay to break that promise now!