District 9-A Season MVP

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like cascade focused on playing alot of defense lastnight after reading the arcticle in the shelbyville paper online. I hope they continue with this pressure against VB. If they are able to hold them to a lower scoring output and also continue to score alot they may not be able to be stopped in the next two games. Good luck to all teams left.

Go Champs

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826371792[/snapback]

Nice dunk. Kid got some hops. I wished I had one of the Baker kid from VB to put on here. Like the one were he stole the ball and dunked on that kid from clay co. He makes it look so graceful. Wished the Hall kid would dunk when I"M round.

Hopefully he will numerous times on friday night lol

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826370268[/snapback]

Like sledge said Baker is only a jr. and plays like a senior. If he's such a big guard why can't the little guards use their speed to stop him.They can't. He's a point guard that has been the leading rebounder for the last two years. O and since he's a guard and passes to the other players which can also score that means he's getting assist. And his point numbers is 18.1 and has nearly 500 pts this year. Shakle is good but to me Baker is more versitile.

Good job speedy you know your stuff about this baker kid. he is a BETTER ball player than shankle any day of the week. And you said it if baker just "backs down" the smaller guards why dont they get some one bigger to stop him???

they cant.

QUOTE(SLEDGEHAMMER2 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826371544[/snapback]

I guess some questions are just too hard to answer!

I guess they are sledge. I wish we know where shankle got "offers" from.

But any way this is mvp voting in high school not college so it dont matter if he got "offers" or not. Baker is the better player he should win. I know this cause I watch him every game he is a TEAM player he dont take the ball the whole time and try to score every time by him self and gets his numbers by playing TEAM ball.

Thats what an MVP does he helps the TEAM and makes big shots and carries the TEAM when they need him. So if you want an mvp that does it all him self and leads the team in scoring and show boats and dont use his team mates then give the award to shankle but my vote goes to a team player one that helps and carries the TEAM. Darrin Baker gets my vote.....(GO VB)

Sorry Guys went on Vacation to AZ. Beenplaying golf not checking on what you idiots have been saying on here. Bethel, Lincoln Mem., And another NAIA school is very interested to. I can't remember their name. Corey also has walk on offers. I don't have to get on here and prove how good he is, you guys know thats why he lit you guys up. The last 3 years... Also on the new recruiting list for tennesee.. They have him as the second biggest sleeper and top thirty in the state. That is a professional recruting service... not me running my mouth. So I think thats proves my point.. I'm tired of talkin ab this tho. Good luck to the whole team... Go rockets

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826373053[/snapback]

Sorry Guys went on Vacation to AZ. Beenplaying golf not checking on what you idiots have been saying on here. Bethel, Lincoln Mem., And another NAIA school is very interested to. I can't remember their name. Corey also has walk on offers. I don't have to get on here and prove how good he is, you guys know thats why he lit you guys up. The last 3 years... Also on the new recruiting list for tennesee.. They have him as the second biggest sleeper and top thirty in the state. That is a professional recruting service... not me running my mouth. So I think thats proves my point.. I'm tired of talkin ab this tho. Good luck to the whole team... Go rockets

Idiots????? I think thats a little harsh coming from someone who doesnt know anyone or what their knowledge is on here. Personallty I could care less who gets the MVP award. It has no barring on who will win the championship and it promotes individualism more than team. Congrats to whoever gets the award, as their are many deserving candidates. I bet you most finalist would rather have a district, regional, and state championship. Its all about "team" not individuals. An individual will only get you so far in the tournament. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way. Represent district 9A well in the regional tourney and beyond.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826373053[/snapback]

That leaves the 2nd question unaswered. Since you questioned that other MVP candidates college offers while they are still juniors, Did Corey Shankle have offers as a junior?

No Offers.. Just looks.. I guarentee you the only other player that could play college ball in the district is Hall from Cascade. I promise that.. By the way Corey Shankle has 25 pts and 12 rebs going into the fourth quarter... We are up hopefully we can hang on... And you people who keep saying its about what team goes the longest in the tourneys.. We will see who that is to. My money is on the best team with the best player and the best coach.. Forrest. Who knows though. We havnt beat eagleville yet..?