District 9-A Season MVP

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826370002[/snapback]

You may be around the program a lot more than I am since I don't have a kid on the team but I have been to almost all the games and to say he has better perimeter skills than anyone else on the team is ridiculous. He often turns the ball over when he is out on the perimeter. I have the utmost respect for Brandon as a player and think he is an excellent ball player, but that statement is about like saying Peyton Manning would make a heck of a running back.

I would definently have to agree with the comment you made about S. Reed. He is a tremendous ball handler and leader on the court. I wish he would drive to the goal more like he did in the Eagleville game. If he would do that more often he could create more shots for himself and others as well. That is not a knock on him at all either. I really can't emphasize enough that we need to play more pressure defense. It does'nt have to be a full court press, just meet them at half court with traps and play man to man as well. If Cascade would do that more often and could play defense for a full game with the offense they have, look out!!Some may argue with me on this and say we do play great defense, but if we give up 87 to teams in the tournament it will be over sooner or later.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:25 AM) 826369754[/snapback]

Corey Shankle will win hands down.. averaged a double double and averaged 7 offensive boards a game.. and also let forrest with the most charges taken.. he does it all unlike what some of you say.. 20 pts and 13 boards per game and his team is in first.. Easy decision. But I would say Hall is the second best player in the district.. Looke for Corey to repeat as season and district MVP.. Maybe we can win in that champ game... Been there four years in a row. Only one win in 04.

Sorry but no one is going to win mvp hands down. Just cause forrest won district does not mean shankle will win mvp. He is a good ball player but i dont think he is the season mvp. My vote would have to go to the baker kid from vb. Because from what i hear he has averaged a triple double here lately. This kid can really play ball. But it also helps him to have four other guys on the court to help him cause basketball is not a one person sport it takes a team....(GO VB)

Look that kid is very good.... But he is not averaging a triple double i promise.. All he does is dribble up the floor, back down other little guards and shoot floaters... If VB was smart they would run there offense more through their post and use that big guard better.. I do not want to start an argument on here. But I promise Corey Shankle will win it.. I mean if any of these others players are any good, where are there college offers. Corey has two solid offers right now. The Baker kid is good but I would still say 3rd behind Hall. I mean we can talk numbers all day if you want. I think Corey has the best overall numbers in the region. And he led his team to the best record, that means something.. ESP bc Forrest is not even in the top 2 talented teams in the district, they just know how to win and have the best player...

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826370145[/snapback]

Look that kid is very good.... But he is not averaging a triple double i promise.. All he does is dribble up the floor, back down other little guards and shoot floaters... If VB was smart they would run there offense more through their post and use that big guard better.. I do not want to start an argument on here. But I promise Corey Shankle will win it.. I mean if any of these others players are any good, where are there college offers. Corey has two solid offers right now. The Baker kid is good but I would still say 3rd behind Hall. I mean we can talk numbers all day if you want. I think Corey has the best overall numbers in the region. And he led his team to the best record, that means something.. ESP bc Forrest is not even in the top 2 talented teams in the district, they just know how to win and have the best player...

What colleges have made offers?

Did Corey Shankle get college offers when he was a Junior?

What colleges have offered to Shankle?

Shankle is a good ball player and probably will win the award because coaches vote on it not us as spectators. Also he will probably win because that is usually how it goes. I do think he is a good ball player but to say he is the best is very debatable. i thought he played well when i saw him play cascade @ Forrest, but I wasnt overly impressed and by no means did i think he was the best player in the gym. Nobody will win this award " hands down" but im afraid it will be Shankle because that is how it usually goes. Congrats to Forrest on winning the regular season championship. now on to the one that matters!

Like sledge said Baker is only a jr. and plays like a senior. If he's such a big guard why can't the little guards use their speed to stop him.They can't. He's a point guard that has been the leading rebounder for the last two years. O and since he's a guard and passes to the other players which can also score that means he's getting assist. And his point numbers is 18.1 and has nearly 500 pts this year. Shakle is good but to me Baker is more versitile.

Shankle is the MVP.....no question, take him off their team and they struggle BIG TIME, take Hall off Cascade, they struggle BIG TIME, take Baker off VBC, and they struggle BIG TIME. That is what the MVP is to me, taking someone off a team and see how they would do. ALL three could have a case made for them, but Forrest is in first, has a good track to the district championship game and Cascade and Van Buren should meet up in the semis with this one being another barn burner. GOOD luck to everybody....should be a fun week.