District 9-A Season MVP

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat Man you should have hitched a ride down off the mountain. Cascade won championship, VB won third. Shankle was season MVP and Hall(Cascade) won tourney MVP. I agree with both of these picks. Shankle played tough tonight but had too big of hill to climb. Cascade threw 4 different d's at Forrest all of whick are geared at making Cory work hard and try to keep him off balance and frustrated. That statement alone is quite a compliment. Fatman, VB had 4 kids on all tourney team. VB plays in West Nashville on Sat- start lokking for a ride. Congrats to the Shankman for MVP.

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826382107[/snapback]Fat Man you should have hitched a ride down off the mountain. Cascade won championship, VB won third. Shankle was season MVP and Hall(Cascade) won tourney MVP. I agree with both of these picks. Shankle played tough tonight but had too big of hill to climb. Cascade threw 4 different d's at Forrest all of whick are geared at making Cory work hard and try to keep him off balance and frustrated. That statement alone is quite a compliment. Fatman, VB had 4 kids on all tourney team. VB plays in West Nashville on Sat- start lokking for a ride. Congrats to the Shankman for MVP.

thanks for letting know bluice712. and yeah i will have to start looking for a ride lol

The season MVP award went to the guy with the best numbers, not the best ball player. Hall and Baker are head and shoulders above Shankle. I give him credit though, he gets the most out of his limited abilities. Unfortunately he gets away with a lot of offensive fouls and travels based on his production over his career. He definitely got frustrated last night because he could do nothing as long as Hall was in the game. The only times he looked good was when Cascade had Hall and Day on the bench. Shankle will not make a college player I can tell you that now. He has no vertical game and is a terrible defender. That is a bad combination if your looking to play college ball. I'm not saying any of this to make Forrest folks mad, because if their honest with themselves they know I haven't said anything that wasn't true. He's got a lot of heart and plays the game hard, I'm only basing this on raw talent. I've heard that idiot brother of his on here all year and to say that he is in the same zip code with Hall and Baker from a talent stand point is crazy. I think Baker has more raw talent than anybody I've seen this year. He single handedly shot V.B. back into that game after going down by 17 in the third. Baker is one of those rare players that not only wants the ball during clutch situations, but more often than not is going to convert no matter who is guarding him. Hall seems to get better every game I watch him play. He still has some learning to do, but he will make it to the next level and if he is able to develop his outside game be an excellent ball player at the small college level. Congratulations to everyone who made all district! Also, congratulations to Shankle and Hall on their MVP awards. As someone else said, I couldn't argue with either selection based on numbers.