Best Catchers

miami17

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826389325[/snapback]Think of a 1.4 for a second......

Im pretty sure Pudge is around a 1.7. A 1.4 is as if a catcher just like deflects the ball back to second, as if it were hitting a wall and bounced back.

Matt Carrigan from Sycamore is a solid catcher, hes got a great arm. I think he is looking at Carson-Newman. Where possibly the best catching coach in the Nation is from, Tom Griffin.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(d-burg playa @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826389033[/snapback]dyersburg is stacked with good catcher 5 of em matt chandler jesse mcneil bryson horner adron rebstock and levi estes

Don't know the rest, but Matt Chandler can play anywhere and be good. Watched him in travel and fall league. Will play college somewhere if he wants to.

QUOTE(capgun @ Feb 25 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826388229[/snapback]He's not 6 6 yet, he is 6 4. I figure he will grow at least 2 inches in 3 years. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ok that would make him 6'7. How many 6'7 catchers have you ever seen?? How would the big guy move back there??

QUOTE(Dtime24 @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:52 PM) 826390229[/snapback]I would have to say that Drew Brown from Mckenzie is one of the Most Unknown but all around great catchers in the state. I mean you have to think just as a sophmore he cought the dominent pitcher drew hayes. I would have to put my money on this kid cause he truly is the "Real Deal"!!

Well said

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Feb 17 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826376547[/snapback]I see you point one the first part, but the rest can not just be taught. You can not teach knowledge of the game I dont care what anyone says, that just comes to you. Catching is the most difficult position on the field with the most responsibility, you must be a leader and IMO leaders can not be taught. Your either born a leader or not. But, im not saying that someone else on the field can not be a leader though, because I love to see when other positions step up and take control too. But you can not just grab a kid from the local rec. league team and teach him how to be a leader, you have to have the will and the desire.

You are right Colleges do look for a good strong accurate arm, but they also look for leadership, and most importantly the defensive skills, and the ability to hit. Trust me, ive been there.

straightbill i agree with everything you have said. its more important to be a great leader and hold down the infield than any statistic.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826405348[/snapback]Your cory phillips in another page, multiple personalities?

Straightbill have you seen Cody Pomeroy catch, the kid is short, I mean real short but has a cannon. And he doesnt let anything get by him. Everybody in the district is scared to even steal on him. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />