Baseball Etiquette and Questions for E5

RUBlind!!!

Rumor has it that E5 is working on yet another innovation that will help him with his leg problems, He recently had funding approved to purchase a "RASCAL" personalized motorized unit, from which he will hit infield with a croquet mallett. The idea will surely spread in popularity as he is the one who brought us the turtleneck dickie, upside down sunglasses at night,train conductor hats, and emergency team nurse moms that can sprint on the field in under 4.7. Rumor also has it that E5's Rascal cart comes with a motorized booster seat that allows him to throw BP and reach the items on the top shelf at the grocery store.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, the charges were dropped! I still lost my job as both morning cook and coed softball team coach, but did receive 4 hours severance pay. While in the tank, I could read but not reply to the postings, so I have some pretty deep thoughts. E5, go to the stall that has the gripping rails on the wall. When your legs begin to go numb...simply pull yourself up slightly to get the blood flowing again. Also, take smaller books with you; the same premise as cc's thoughts.

As for the girth rule for baseball coaches. Simply change the rules and allow coaches to wear sweat pants. The big and tall section at KMart has both white and gray XXXL sweat pants. Both of you being purist, gray is away, white is home.

QUOTE(ccriders25 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826392974[/snapback]E5,

I've got a couple quick questions about some new strategery I've seen recently.

1. After asking a well respected head coach in the area how he got his players to look like they could squat a Buick, he explained to me his BP philosophy. He said that instead of baserunning (reading bunts, hit & run, etc) after coming out of the cage, he has a squatrack stationed on the on deck circle. He requires his players to get 3 sets of 15 of 3 times the players own body wieght before returing to the cage.

2. In the last couple weeks, I've seen a new pick play at second emerge. It's genius lies in the simplicity. The pitcher simply spins to second and throws at the runner's ankle, thus disabling him and keeping him off third.

Your thoughts on these topics?

#2 sounds like a good plan. If you miss and throw into centerfield you'll keep a fast baserunner off 3rd. Of course, they may be in the dugout after plating.

QUOTE(ccriders25 @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826411351[/snapback]Sounds like we may not hear from Slyder for a while.... I think I saw him on a "Grumpy's Bail Bonds" wanted poster yesterday afternoon.

E5, I am considering proposing a "maximum size allowed law" to the TSSAA. This proposal would require coaches who have reached a "maximum girth" to wear an "appropriate alternate uniform".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Actually CC, I am the reason she calls herself Grumpy. Lets just say I am selfish and my stamina is not what it once was. I have 2 great baseball inventions and would like to offer to you gentlemen and E5. I am having the proto-type built now. Envison a device shaped like a mound tamp. The base of the tamp is shaped like home plate. You set the tamp on the plate and turn a switch, the tamp vaccums the dirt off the plate and spray paints it white again. Takes LESS time than Riverdaleman turning around and bending over to sweep the plate, less repulsive, and the plate is white again. Could be used between innings. The other invention resembles a bat container in the dugout. The front of this "bat container" opens up and is a dorm style refrigerator that you can place your yohoo or other beverages in and keep frosty cool. The top of this container is actually a warmer to keep your nacho cheese warm AND another spot to keep wing sauce at 106 degrees, which, as you know, is the ideal temp for wing sauce. The sides contains wet wipes for your chin, contains bleach sticks for your pants, and storage for both celery sticks and ranch dressing! I have designed a step that slides from beneath this aparatus, that will serve as a step stool for E5 and his bathroom mission trips. No more legs falling asleep! My short stint in the tank could result in millions for me! I am considering calling these inventions 1) Hosed @ Home and 2) The HS Baseball Covert Kitchen...your thoughts?

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 18 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826416906[/snapback]i really like the home plate thing as long as it is the responsibilite of the 3rd base caoch to use the home plate device

riverdaleman, I have a tendency to agree with you but you know how those big shot 3rd base coaches are, they think they are the only ones that see the strike zone (except our distinguished coaches that frequent this site and CCriders), so they may be the ones who have to use it.

QUOTE(Slyder @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826417376[/snapback]riverdaleman, I have a tendency to agree with you but you know how those big shot 3rd base coaches are, they think they are the only ones that see the strike zone (except our distinguished coaches that frequent this site and CCriders), so they may be the ones who have to use it.

ok i think i have a solution...how about the coach that calls pitches?...it might give a better feel for the game to call more strikes

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 19 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826417567[/snapback]ok i think i have a solution...how about the coach that calls pitches?...it might give a better feel for the game to call more strikes

Touche'! Although if you read CCriders comments earlier about giving up an 0-2 homer to the 8 hole hitter, it is apparent that the coach calling the pitches does not accept responsibility for dingers, balls or strikes. He is going to blame the kid or blue. Why not comprise and allow the father of the pitcher operate the Hosed at Home contraption I've invented. Afterall, he is the most knowledgable person in the ball park, except of the clean up hitters grandfather. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QUOTE(Slyder @ Mar 19 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826417617[/snapback]Touche'! Although if you read CCriders comments earlier about giving up an 0-2 homer to the 8 hole hitter, it is apparent that the coach calling the pitches does not accept responsibility for dingers, balls or strikes. He is going to blame the kid or blue. Why not comprise and allow the father of the pitcher operate the Hosed at Home contraption I've invented. Afterall, he is the most knowledgable person in the ball park, except of the clean up hitters grandfather. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

that is not too bad of an idea but any good father of a pitcher (i am one) knows there job is to get foul balls and DR them up before throwing back over the fence to the umpire(lord knows we dont check them)

E-5,RIVERDALE,SLYDER

Keep it up, I'm coaching in dixie youth again this year and after reading these coaching insites I'm sure we can improve on last years mark of 11-3. This is great stuff I've been looking at Hibbits & dick's sporting good for some video. But you guys must only sell to the pros. Keep up the good work and thanks for the tips. And remember when things don't go your way it's because of BLUE.

QUOTE(torseq2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826418662[/snapback]E-5,RIVERDALE,SLYDER

Keep it up, I'm coaching in dixie youth again this year and after reading these coaching insites I'm sure we can improve on last years mark of 11-3. This is great stuff I've been looking at Hibbits & dick's sporting good for some video. But you guys must only sell to the pros. Keep up the good work and thanks for the tips. And remember when things don't go your way it's because of BLUE.

I went back and check my books it was 3-11 last year but i'm sure just by reading your post we could change that to 13-1 this year.

QUOTE(torseq2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826418662[/snapback]E-5,RIVERDALE,SLYDER

i was rootin for ya til that last sentence!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ...lol