Ensworth beats Antioch

Driven

QUOTE(chunkybfunky @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826369643[/snapback]

I have seen both this year. This is a shock. Was Antioch resting players?

No, they got beat straight up, from the beginning. Ensworth was up by 41 with 5min left in the 4th quarter. Silly fouls cut the lead to 30 by the end of the game. Very good show by a team with no seniors on it.

QUOTE(iluvbball @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826369860[/snapback]

Just shows how important a good coach can be to a basketball team. Way to go Ensworth! You are going to be a very dangerous team to play for many years!

I agree. Metro has some talented teams, but you have to wonder when can they beat the county schools or private schools?? (coaching???)

Also Antioch after mercilessly blowing Stratford out 91-9, here's a little karma!

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826369868[/snapback]

I agree. Metro has some talented teams, but you have to wonder when can they beat the county schools or private schools?? (coaching???)

Also Antioch after mercilessly blowing Stratford out 91-9, here's a little karma!

Take it for what is worth, Antioch was off. This is the same team that beat Ensworth earlier in the season. Antioch will get refocused for the districts. Although only scoring 5 pts in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs is not good.

Ensworth has a very talented group with Perkins leading the helm. I saw them play as eight graders, and they were impressive at that age. I was very surprised at the score, but I would bet that if their prior game was the 91-9 blowout someone referred to...it probably actually hurt Antioch going into this game. If a team has to consistently play tough teams, they play tougher. A blow out never helps a team...only hurts them the next game. Congrats to Ensworth, but don't let this get you down Antioch. Ensworth is Div II and will not be playing for the Gold Ball in AAA. Think of it as great training for what is truly going to be the indicator of your season.