Top 10 in each class(midstate)

nununu

These are my picks for the top 10 in each class for softball, preseason.

AAA

Brentwood

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville

siegel

Blackman

Wilson Central

Ravenwood

Coffee Co.

Rossview

AA

Goodpasture

Hume-Fogg

Giles Co.

Sycamore

White House

Greenbrier

Creekwood

Marshall Co.

Ezell-Harding

Lewis Co

A

Friendship Chr.

Forrest

Columbia Acad.

Huntland

Watertown

Nashville Chr.

Cornersville

Summertown

Mt. Juliet Chr.

Houston Co.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nununu @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826369983[/snapback] These are my picks for the top 10 in each class for softball, preseason.

AAA

Brentwood

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville

siegel

Blackman

Wilson Central

Ravenwood

Coffee Co.

Rossview

AA

Goodpasture

Hume-Fogg

Giles Co.

Sycamore

White House

Greenbrier

Creekwood

Marshall Co.

Ezell-Harding

Lewis Co

A

Friendship Chr.

Forrest

Columbia Acad.

Huntland

Watertown

Nashville Chr.

Cornersville

Summertown

Mt. Juliet Chr.

Houston Co.

We are among the top ten "A" teams in the mid-state, I assure you.

QUOTE(nununu @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826370258[/snapback]

What tournaments are you all playing in, and what tournaments have you all played in before.

Practice only began on Monday, so we haven't played any tournaments yet. Our first will be March the 9th in Shelbyville and we are also scheduled to play in the Lincoln County Border Battles in mid April. Which team do you represent?

QUOTE(pantherdad @ Feb 14 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826371548[/snapback]Stone Memorial (new high school in Cumberland Co) is last years Cumberland Co team that was ranked high in AAA, They will be playing AA ball and should be better this year than last with most skill positions back. They will be in the top 10 list when people see them play.

I heard their Senior catcher is out.

I am mainly familiar with AA in the midstate. I know at least 4 of the teams on the AA list lost Senior pitchers that had pitched their teams to the State Tournament in the past years (Hume-Fogg, Greenbrier, Creekwood and Marshall County).

Who do they have to replace their aces and what can we expect from them?

I know Goodpasture and Sycamore have their pitchers returning, who else has strength on the mound?

I think Collinwood could be in the hunt in 1A......Almost the entire team returning this year.....Played Trinity Christian in a tournament last year and lost by a run in extra innings.......We were eliminated by Columbia Acad. last year and they lost Emily.....They will still be a very tough team as usual, but C'Wood started several Freshman last year and now they are experienced and ready for bigger things....Don't know how far we will go, but we are very excited about this still young team....Good luck to all the girls.....I will add that Trinity is definately the team to beat......They have a great team....

Goodpasture will have Devon back and a freshman and eighth grader that should help in the tournaments. However we will have a whole new infield, we have not practiced in the dirt, we have no seniors, and we lost Coach Dickerson. We will piece together a team this weekend at mt juliet to get our feet wet and hopefully find some leadership while doing it. We have made a tough schedule to see the best, so we might be middle tier team for the first part of the season.

QUOTE(nununu @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826369983[/snapback]These are my picks for the top 10 in each class for softball, preseason.

AAA

Brentwood

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville

siegel

Blackman

Wilson Central

Ravenwood

Coffee Co.

Rossview

AA

Goodpasture

Hume-Fogg

Giles Co.

Sycamore

White House

Greenbrier

Creekwood

Marshall Co.

Ezell-Harding

Lewis Co

A

Friendship Chr.

Forrest

Columbia Acad.

Huntland

Watertown

Nashville Chr.

Cornersville

Summertown

Mt. Juliet Chr.

Houston Co.

in 1A you really think Columbia Academy? how is their pitching going to be? No more E. Ford guys! They lost a lot of good players.. yes they still will be very good and still have great coaching along with great talent... but how will they do with not as good pitching?? I think Cornersville and Richland (if they can pull it together with their new coach) is who to look out for in that district! Cornersville will be tough with C. Worth, and the Sophomore twins pitching, not to mention the great bats. Richland has L. Tinnon is coming back this year and her and M. McNeese will be whirling it from the mound. they are talking about how great the coach is working out with their team. thoughts on this district???

QUOTE(Raider_55 @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826383070[/snapback]in 1A you really think Columbia Academy? how is their pitching going to be? No more E. Ford guys! They lost a lot of good players.. yes they still will be very good and still have great coaching along with great talent... but how will they do with not as good pitching?? I think Cornersville and Richland (if they can pull it together with their new coach) is who to look out for in that district! Cornersville will be tough with C. Worth, and the Sophomore twins pitching, not to mention the great bats. Richland has L. Tinnon is coming back this year and her and M. McNeese will be whirling it from the mound. they are talking about how great the coach is working out with their team. thoughts on this district???

I expect Richland to be very tough this year. They beat us first game last year (without a base hit if I remember correctly). We were still experimenting with lineup and had 3 errors in the last inning. We beat them by one run latter in the season in nine innings. Both games combined only yielded a total of 2 or 3 runs, so yes, there pitching is top notch. We open our regular season against them again this year, so it will serve as a good measuring stick as to where both teams are early.