NEW BOOK BY E5 AND REDSMAN

REDSMAN

RUMORS ARE TRUE - E5 AND REDSMAN WILL RELEASE A NEW BOOK IN THE SPRING EXCLUSIVE TO TENNESSEE HS BASEBALL. TITLED " WE DID OUR WAY - THE YEAR OF THE TURKEY CLAW AND WING SAUCE", THE BOOK WILL DISCUSS TOPICS CLOSE TO THE HEART OF TWO OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE'S QUICKEST FORGOTTEN HS COACHES.

THE WALTER J. BAIRD SCHOOL PAPER SAYS " ... the best book released by high schools coaches in our county is some time. Actually, its the only one."

Carroll-Oakland librarians say " a must read for any potential Lion Club member wanting to be a coach..."

THE BLUE DEVIL COACHES ASSOCIATION ADDS: " E5 BRINGS A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO THE AREAS OF KNEE PROTECTION, LH HINDCATCHING, AND ACTION-FIGURE BATTING APPROACH.."

THE SOUTHERN LEBANON BASEBALL OLD TIMERS ASSOCIATION: ".... WE APPLAUD REDSMAN FOR HIS HONEST, SOUL SCATHING LOOK INTO THE DEPTHS OF COACHING HS BASEBALL IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE. THE CHAPTERS ON CONCESSION STAND MANNERS, UNIFORM DESIGN, THE I.E.P. IN BASEBALL, AND HOSPITALITY ROOMS WERE ENTHRALLING".

THE BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THE MONTH FOR THE PRICE OF 13.95, OR A SET OF MESH V-NECK JERSEYS.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wish come true for us baseball boarders! As a fan of E5 and recently becoming more impressed with the writings and opinions expressed by REDSMAN, I can honestly say that the ONLY thing keeping this book off the Best Sellers List, is the omittion of CCriders. Now, I do not have a man crush on cc, although he ain't ugly and he looks athletic despite being an ex-big time pitcher, but his insight to baseball lore, the art of pitching poo, his ability to call a game from the dugout without pulling his hands out of his pants and his cunning wit could have contributed to this effort.

I am sure that the book will be as successful as other great baseball books like Ball Four, The Mick, and Sandlot. But cc's contribution would have placed this book into the legends of the writings of Lewis Grizzard or Patrick McManus. If there is a Pre-Sale on it, I would like a copy and request it be autographed.

Could I also request a book involving the art of sunflower seed spitting?

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826371474[/snapback]

RUMORS ARE TRUE - E5 AND REDSMAN WILL RELEASE A NEW BOOK IN THE SPRING EXCLUSIVE TO TENNESSEE HS BASEBALL. TITLED " WE DID OUR WAY - THE YEAR OF THE TURKEY CLAW AND WING SAUCE", THE BOOK WILL DISCUSS TOPICS CLOSE TO THE HEART OF TWO OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE'S QUICKEST FORGOTTEN HS COACHES.

THE WALTER J. BAIRD SCHOOL PAPER SAYS " ... the best book released by high schools coaches in our county is some time. Actually, its the only one."

Carroll-Oakland librarians say " a must read for any potential Lion Club member wanting to be a coach..."

THE BLUE DEVIL COACHES ASSOCIATION ADDS: " E5 BRINGS A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO THE AREAS OF KNEE PROTECTION, LH HINDCATCHING, AND ACTION-FIGURE BATTING APPROACH.."

THE SOUTHERN LEBANON BASEBALL OLD TIMERS ASSOCIATION: ".... WE APPLAUD REDSMAN FOR HIS HONEST, SOUL SCATHING LOOK INTO THE DEPTHS OF COACHING HS BASEBALL IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE. THE CHAPTERS ON CONCESSION STAND MANNERS, UNIFORM DESIGN, THE I.E.P. IN BASEBALL, AND HOSPITALITY ROOMS WERE ENTHRALLING".

THE BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THE MONTH FOR THE PRICE OF 13.95, OR A SET OF MESH V-NECK JERSEYS.

I know the head coach of the fakes and hooker all-stars was telling me that he previewed the book and he now feels that not only will he win the kiwanis league for the third year in a row but he feels becasue of redsman and e5's insight he should definitely be the next high school coach. He thinks he can get an interview for the job also. Despite his lack of a high school diploma, he knows the secretary at the county office. Wow!!! Another great pupil from the redsman and e5's coaching tree.

Not to brag, but I thought the chapter on Setting Up The Rotation For the Play-In game was our best work. You also failed to mention Managing the Game After Getting Tossed In the First Inning, The Low-Crawl Looking Under the Fence Method.

We will be at Bill's Barber, Style, Pool Hall, and Surplus Store this Saturday for autographing sessions as well as $2.00 off the "CCriders Style Baseball Cut."

Slyder,

We tried to get him to confer but he was ashamed of his lack of "book" sense. The word on the street is that you do have a man crush on him. I would hardly call pitching out of the bullpen at a truck training academy in the middle of the week games makes you a GREAT pitcher. I will say he is one of the best men to have behind a wheel of an 18-wheeler in the mountains...nobody handles a 6% grade with a full load like riders.

Not to brag, but I thought the chapter on Setting Up The Rotation For the Play-In game was our best work. You also failed to mention Managing the Game After Getting Tossed In the First Inning, The Low-Crawl Looking Under the Fence Method.

We will be at Bill's Barber, Style, Pool Hall, and Surplus Store this Saturday for autographing sessions as well as $2.00 off the "CCriders Style Baseball Cut."

My personal favorite chapter was the one about "how to best use fake pa malfunctions in the playoffs".

E5, it was actually at a truck stop where ccriders told me he was a once big time great pitcher. I haven't seen him pitch since he was 13 and beaned by little girl. And no I do not have a man crush on him despite the rumors... I am a baseball fan. I do think he needs a better nickname than "lot lizard"?

Slyder,

CCRIDERS NEVER REALLY PITCHED FOR ANY TRUCK DRIVING ACADEMY. IT WAS ACTUALLY THE AUTO-TECH GUYS AT A LOCAL COLLEGE WHO TOOK HIM IN WHILE THEY WOULD WORK ON THE SCHOOL VANS. IT ALL STARTED WITH A SNOWBALL GAME THEY WERE PLAYING BEHIND THE COLLEGE'S CAFETERIA. RIDERS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING ON HIS DIRECTED STUDY COURSE IN "EASTERN BARTONS CREEK ECONOMICS - THE IMPACT OF WILSON CENTRAL ON THE FUNDRASING EFFORTS OF MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS". HE WAS TALKING TO A GUY NAMED "LUG", AND SAID HE COULD THROW A GOOD "SNAPPER-PITCH". NEXT THING YOU KNOW, HE STRUCK 5 CONSECUTIVE MECHANICS WITH THE SAME SNOWBALL WITHOUT HAVING TO REPACK THE SNOW.

I HAVE NOT SEEN A GUY THROW A SNAPPER SINCE E5 WORKED WITH A KID NAMED "KNEE-BRACE" CARR.

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826374304[/snapback]

YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONSULT WITH E5 ON GETTING PERMISSION TO USE IN THE CLASSROOM. HE ALREADY HAS A CLASSROOM SERIES OUT IN SCHOOLS FOR LOW-ACHEIVERS IN GATEWAY BIOLOGY.

E5, WASNT THAT SERIES TITLED "SCIENCE FOR LEAD-PAINT CHIP EATERS"?

I don't have the IBSN right off the top of my head but the actual title is "Paint Chip Eaters Guide to Basic Biology" It is currently not in use. I am cross-referencing it for use with NCLB. Look for that and the new Driver's Ed book for middle schoolers out soon. "So Your Old Enough To Drive and Your Still In the Seventh Grade."

QUOTE(REDSMAN @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826386049[/snapback]E5, DONT FORGET THIS BOOK INCLUDES A SECTION DEDICATED TO NOTHING BUT CHARTING. I INCLUDED YOUR GRAPH FOR CHARTING LH PITCHERS WHO WEAR 7 3/8 CAPS AND ODD NUMBERS WHO HAVE BULLPENS ON THURSDAY ROAD NON-DISTRICT GAMES.

Here is my new problem. We start our pitchers on our 300 pitch bullpens the second day of practice. You know the one where we throw 100 hard sliders, 100 sharp breaking balls, 25 fork balls, 25 "hard as you cans," and 50 of your best fourth pitch. We starting getting knots on the elbows the size of an orange. I thought it was a riser or boil, so we got the nail drag out and tried to lance it and find a leech to stink the puss out. Well it had no puss in it. So we taped it up and sprayed Nitrotan on it and put a salve of witch hazel, Blue Emu, Icy Hot, Absorbine Jr., Ben Gay, and moist Copenhagen with Jack Daniels in it. Well we repeat that pen two days later and they say they still are having problems. The logical next step is either Novacaine or Horse Linament (DMSO)...do you know hard it is to get that stuff now? You would think I was trying to buy radioactive elements. What do I do now? I really feel the problem lies with the summer league coach who limits his pitchers to 21 innings per weekend. This pitch count is costing me the pre-season playday championship again this year.