PrepXtra Top 10

ihavenofriendzz

This is an East Tennessee Poll. so dont complain about there not being any West or Central Tennessee teams.

The final regular season poll looks like this.

Tied for 1st Austin East (25-6)

Tied for 1st Fulton (23-3)

3rd Halls (24-4)

4th Farragut (26-4)

5th Greeneville (29-2)

6th Oak Ridge (24-6)

7th Maryville (21-6)

8th Pigeon Forge (28-3)

9th Powell (19-8)

10th Bearden (23-8)

does anyone have any comments? other than how is Greeneville not #1?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with the rankings. Greeneville is not number 1 because they play in the worst AAA district in the state. I do not think that Greeneville would be champions of either District (3AAA or 4AAA) in Knoxville. I watched them get bombarded up at Science Hill. They are truly a one-man show. Last year, they were much more talented and deep with a lot of seniors.

Don't be shocked if they don't even make it out of region. It could very well be Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett or even Tennessee High coming out of that Region.

As for the Knoxville teams, District 3AAA is playing better than 4AAA right now and has pretty much all season.

Powell won at Farragut and Bearden this year.

Oak Ridge beat Maryville and lost on a buzzer beater at Farragut.

Of course, all that does not mean much at tournament time. Powell lost to Clinton once already this year and if they lose to them tonight the season is over. If they win, Halls will be waiting for them Monday Night.

If I had to ranking the teams on how they are playing right now, I would go with:

1. Oak Ridge

2. Austin-East (although they are not coached well enough to go to state)

3. Fulton

4. Farragut

5. Halls

6. Powell

7. Greeneville

8. Bearden

9. Maryville

10. Karns

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826374493[/snapback]

I don't see anything wrong with the rankings. Greeneville is not number 1 because they play in the worst AAA district in the state. I do not think that Greeneville would be champions of either District (3AAA or 4AAA) in Knoxville. I watched them get bombarded up at Science Hill. They are truly a one-man show. Last year, they were much more talented and deep with a lot of seniors.

Don't be shocked if they don't even make it out of region. It could very well be Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett or even Tennessee High coming out of that Region.

As for the Knoxville teams, District 3AAA is playing better than 4AAA right now and has pretty much all season.

Powell won at Farragut and Bearden this year.

Oak Ridge beat Maryville and lost on a buzzer beater at Farragut.

Of course, all that does not mean much at tournament time. Powell lost to Clinton once already this year and if they lose to them tonight the season is over. If they win, Halls will be waiting for them Monday Night.

If I had to ranking the teams on how they are playing right now, I would go with:

1. Oak Ridge

2. Austin-East (although they are not coached well enough to go to state)

3. Fulton

4. Farragut

5. Halls

6. Powell

7. Greeneville

8. Bearden

9. Maryville

10. Karns

We had a bad night alot of em had been sick...but thats not an excuse...we will be ready for sh or db whoever we play just watch....and dont be upset wen we go to state...

QUOTE(wiggins30 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826374555[/snapback]

We had a bad night alot of em had been sick...but thats not an excuse...we will be ready for sh or db whoever we play just watch....and dont be upset wen we go to state...

Actually, that is an excuse. But, it may very well explain why Greeneville played so poorly that night. I am not saying that Greeneville's team stinks. They have won all the games that they are supposed to win. And they beat Bearden which is a good win. If they go to State, I would not be shocked because Wiggins is the kind of player who can put a team on his back. He'll have to because there are other really good players in East Tennessee that he will probably have to go through like Wattad, Dowdell, Conner, Sensabaugh and Sharp.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826374868[/snapback]

WOW!!! Webb! thats a real solid win. you beat Webb by 14 and Bearden by 10.. all at ur place. thats both of the knoxville teams uve played. you did beat Alcoa by 9 and Clinton by 19 and 36

yea so y do people ssay we cant beat k-town teams i mean we even beat bradley central...