Molly Heady

Ontopofit

QUOTE(Ontopofit @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826377790[/snapback]What about the Adkins girl? Is she the next best offensive threat? Apparently, she must shoot the three ball very well. Does she need time to get it off, or does she have a pretty quick release? And is she a point guard or a shooting guard?

Does Monterey have any other threats?

I look forward to a good consolation game and region tournament.

Adkins has the ability to take a game over when she is hot. She has a quick release, but sometimes she shoots before she is set. When she gets a good look and sets her feet she can shoot the lights out of it. At this point Molly and Taylor are the two scoring threats on the team. However, Bethany Paschal has started showing some signs of improvement. She is a freshman as well. Sampley and Sells are really good defensive players, but they don't look to score much. At this point Molly draws a double team every game and sometimes she gets triple teamed. I look for that change as Paschal, Sells and Sampley all continue to grow.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heady is one of the outstanding freshmen in this district and she has to play with less supporting help than the other freshmen if you look at all 7a district tournament players 1 from JC,RBS,CLARKRANGE AND MONTEREY you can see what I mean the other 3 teams at top of disrict and her team near bottom and they finished 4th(nearly 3rd) in district play.You might be able to pick 5 freshmen in 7a an win most games over the other teams.

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826380466[/snapback]heady is one of the outstanding freshmen in this district and she has to play with less supporting help than the other freshmen if you look at all 7a district tournament players 1 from JC,RBS,CLARKRANGE AND MONTEREY you can see what I mean the other 3 teams at top of disrict and her team near bottom and they finished 4th(nearly 3rd) in district play.You might be able to pick 5 freshmen in 7a an win most games over the other teams.

I've made the comment to others that you could take the best freshmen and sophomores out of this district and win a state tournament...That's how good these classes are...