Division II 140 lb...

chattaboogieboy

went the wrong way...after watching video there is a clear two point no-call in favor of Goss only after the ref decides to wait 3 seconds to blow the whistle signifying that the wrestlers were out of bounds. mike bell wrestled well, not taking that away from him, but when wrestlers are knee for knee, side by side and you give it to the other guy then you have to call it the other way...sorry brother.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826374962[/snapback]

went the wrong way...after watching video there is a clear two point no-call in favor of Goss only after the ref decides to wait 3 seconds to blow the whistle signifying that the wrestlers were out of bounds. mike bell wrestled well, not taking that away from him, but when wrestlers are knee for knee, side by side and you give it to the other guy then you have to call it the other way...sorry brother.

It's a good thing that your brother's reaction to the match was classier than yours. From what I saw tonight, he is a fine young man.

QUOTE(mtnrasslin @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826375309[/snapback]

It's a good thing that your brother's reaction to the match was classier than yours. From what I saw tonight, he is a fine young man.

class is not an issue because i've said nothing in regards to not showing class. i've brought up a couple of issues that are points for discussion, if you see fit to think otherwise then so be it. i did say i wasn't taking away from the job that Mike Bell did out on the mat...he wrestled a very smart match, and accomplished what he came to do, that's obvious. Zach is a gracious wrestler, no doubt about it, but what i've stated is my opinion and you make it out to be classless and tarnishing. subjective calls are in question and that's the main subject.

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826374962[/snapback]

I don't know, I thought the call was a good one, but it was a very close call. Anyway, you should be proud of your brother and his accomplishments over the years. Being a Baylor fan, every time one of our kids had to wrestle Goss, I knew it was going to be tough. He showed maturity and class on the mat after his loss, he left the way a true champion would leave after a loss.

QUOTE(Rocky14533 @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826375846[/snapback]

I don't know, I thought the call was a good one, but it was a very close call. Anyway, you should be proud of your brother and his accomplishments over the years. Being a Baylor fan, every time one of our kids had to wrestle Goss, I knew it was going to be tough. He showed maturity and class on the mat after his loss, he left the way a true champion would leave after a loss.

i knew it could go both ways, as it appeared w/ their match at Baylor this year. and after watching Bell's semi match I had no idea what to expect...i had to stop filming Zach's semi match just to watch Bell and couldn't believe it was that close at the end.

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:38 AM) 826375891[/snapback]

i knew it could go both ways, as it appeared w/ their match at Baylor this year. and after watching Bell's semi match I had no idea what to expect...i had to stop filming Zach's semi match just to watch Bell and couldn't believe it was that close at the end.

The class that Zach showed over the years in both winning and during disapointing losses is the type of behavior that attracts parents to send their children to McCallie. McCallie should appreciate Zach and the positive light he has cast on them over the last 4 years.

I agree with you Raider76. Zach Goss is one of - if not the - classiest wreslters my son has ever faced. I only wished I had been able to congratulate him after the match. As far as the takedown goes, Mike hit a very nice throw-by finishing with a side headlock. This has been a moved that has worked for him for many years. It was a good call. Mike had the same move on Zach when they wrestled at Baylor but Zach had control of Mike's leg at the end of the match and the ref made the right call then also - no takedown. This time there was no doubt over who had control as Mike had Zach's left arm completely off the mat and had inside hip control. They even show this picture in the rule book if you want to take the time to look it up.

Congratulations Mike -- no one gave you a chance over Cash or Goss but you proved them all wrong. And we are just as proud of your National Merit Finalist award.

QUOTE(greyhound @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826375950[/snapback]

I agree with you Raider76. Zach Goss is one of - if not the - classiest wreslters my son has ever faced. I only wished I had been able to congratulate him after the match. As far as the takedown goes, Mike hit a very nice throw-by finishing with a side headlock. This has been a moved that has worked for him for many years. It was a good call. Mike had the same move on Zach when they wrestled at Baylor but Zach had control of Mike's leg at the end of the match and the ref made the right call then also - no takedown. This time there was no doubt over who had control as Mike had Zach's left arm completely off the mat and had inside hip control. They even show this picture in the rule book if you want to take the time to look it up.

Congratulations Mike -- no one gave you a chance over Cash or Goss but you proved them all wrong. And we are just as proud of your National Merit Finalist award.

thanks for the clarification, which is what i was after all along.

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826374962[/snapback]

I'm not sure about all of this but I'm surprise Joe didn't score by reviewing that Chattanoogan.com picture of 130. Pix's of D-2 finals What a fabulous single against Johnson that went no where. Agile kid huh?

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 17 2007 - 06:35 PM) 826376670[/snapback]

I'm not sure about all of this but I'm surprise Joe didn't score by reviewing that Chattanoogan.com picture of 130. Pix's of D-2 finals What a fabulous single against Johnson that went no where. Agile kid huh?

I think they mixed up and mis-labeled the top two pictures. The single leg I think you are talking about is Will vs. Colton Popp. That is not to take anything awas from Ben, he is mighty agile.

QUOTE(Raider76 @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826375899[/snapback]The class that Zach showed over the years in both winning and during disapointing losses is the type of behavior that attracts parents to send their children to McCallie. McCallie should appreciate Zach and the positive light he has cast on them over the last 4 years.

Is that the same class that duncan showed after his finals match or the heavier young brother who after his state dual semi final match against Father Ryan when he mouthed off to Pat Simpson when they shook hands after he only won by 1 point?? now on the other hand Zach Goss is a respectful wrestler who while the young brothers ran their mouth after the semi final lost at state duals, Goss went over and congratulated and shook hands.