Wrestling from your knees...

chattaboogieboy

in my not-so humble opinion, is one of the worst ways/styles to wrestle. it works, which is why it's hard to argue against it, but it's appearance is aggrevating...another reason why it works. Baylor has always done this well, as well as aggrevating their opponent to the point of making dumb decisions, thus exploiting weak points. it's legal so some would say no need to argue style, but if the refs are gonna make kids wrestle in the middle of the mat, they might as well make them wrestle on their own two feet. if the opponent refused to confront such a feeble attempt who would be called for stalling, if anyone? possibly the guy on his knees, unwilling to face his opponent? i've always wondered about that answer, but have never seen anyone refuse to confront the issue...

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826375032[/snapback]

in my not-so humble opinion, is one of the worst ways/styles to wrestle. it works, which is why it's hard to argue against it, but it's appearance is aggrevating...another reason why it works. Baylor has always done this well, as well as aggrevating their opponent to the point of making dumb decisions, thus exploiting weak points. it's legal so some would say no need to argue style, but if the refs are gonna make kids wrestle in the middle of the mat, they might as well make them wrestle on their own two feet. if the opponent refused to confront such a feeble attempt who would be called for stalling, if anyone? possibly the guy on his knees, unwilling to face his opponent? i've always wondered about that answer, but have never seen anyone refuse to confront the issue...

First the point is to win, if you say Baylor works from their knees so be it. McCallie works from the front headlock. Coach Emily also works from the front headlock and we throw in the side headlock. I believe you can win matches from alot of different styles. I would suggest you work the one your coaches teach, IMHO. Goss is a great wrestler, I didn't think Bell would beat him but it happened. Good Luck to Mr. Goss in the future, good young man. I don't think it's stalling, it could be considered a stance. It might force your opponent into coming to you, but I guess you could hold your ground. Maybe both could get called for stalling? I might get my son to try it just to see what happens.

QUOTE(chattaboogieboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826375032[/snapback]

There are some highly ranked wrestlers in the college ranks who use this technique with some success. I guess it must not be so feeble after all.