Overton beats Independence

Hitter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(coachespet @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826375536[/snapback]

How will Coach EGO ever explain this?????

I'm quite sure that Coach EGO won't even try to explain this one! And lucky for us, he thinks so much of himself, it would be none of his fault-I'm sure!

I think there were several reasons Indy didn't pull this game out.

First of all, check the stats-only four players scored all night.

Second, it was a disasterous coaching job-Yes, Coach Ego, A DISASTER!

Third, Overton showed up to play ball-they were prepared!

This is really sad for those senior boys-ALL of them- Not just Kuchar! Because one person doesn't make a team. But, in this case, that may be part of the reason they lost. Coach Ego always allowed one or two people to try and make a team! They never played GOOD team ball. I watched Indy on many occasions-maybe once or twice there was a TEAM game. That's why teams like Franklin/CHS win and continues on, they play superb TEAM BALL! It looked as if Indy didn't even come out with a good game plan. I guess everyone expected a little more from Mr. I've played all over the world!!!!

I have watched INDY many times this year. They played with fire for way too long. They could have dominated underneath last night but all season long they have but too much on their guard play. Kuchar had that covered, but the inside game was lacking even though they clearly had size this year. Too bad for Indy last night and great job for overton! They came with everything and it worked. Indy may have been the most overated team in the area. I will miss watching them play. It always went down to the wire. Kinda like the old Titans teams....and looked what happened to them!

QUOTE(BigPoppa @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826375651[/snapback]

He spends awful lot of time during the game wining to officials........

That group of kids were absolutely stunned following the game.

I think stunned would be a huge understatement.

That's all that coach ever did was whine. If he spent half as much time on his game plan as he did whining to the refs there might have been a different outcome. I guess we'll never know. It's too bad because it looked like this year was really going to be the year for that group of kids. Thanks Coach!

Blaming this loss solely on the coach is a true sign of ignorance.

The team was overconfident heading into this game.

Key players got into foul trouble.

The players turned the ball over.

Overton came to play and shot lights out, especially #3.

Certainly coaching is a factor, but if you're going to place 100% of the blame on Henrie, then you obviously are bitter about something.

donathon, and other Indy fans...

im wondering, if Overton just came to play, and you all just got out played

or if was a case of the "we got this, were #2..." overconfident deal

or both, or what

i must admit i was shocked beyond belief when i found out....after the CHS, when the players were starting to come out the locker room, Drew Kelly runs out yelling "indy lost, indy lost"

well Indy played a great season, but you gotta show up in the playoffs to be remembered as a great team, and though you got the better end of us twice, you couldnt finish when needed, best of luck next season

Go Cougars!!

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:01 PM) 826376342[/snapback]

Blaming this loss solely on the coach is a true sign of ignorance.

The team was overconfident heading into this game.

Key players got into foul trouble.

The players turned the ball over.

Overton came to play and shot lights out, especially #3.

Certainly coaching is a factor, but if you're going to place 100% of the blame on Henrie, then you obviously are bitter about something.

Were you at this game? Anyone who was there could see the bad coaching decisions. A true sign of ignorance is if you wer there and didn't see what went on.

Certainly alot lies with the players, which ultimately falls back on the coach. If they're turning the ball over-you go to other players who provide what is needed in clutch situations. Same goes with players in foul trouble. he had enough talent on that team, but chose to not utilize it when needed. Again, where does the blame lie? Hint-THE COACH! And, if you're going to promote yourself all season about how good you were, where you played pro at, ect. I think people expect a little more. Bitter-not exactly. Sorry for that group of boys-Exactly.

No. In situations like this, people are always looking for someone to blame.

Saying that the sole reason Independence lost was coaching is like saying "WELL DAGGUM WE WOULDA WON BUT THEM REFEREES..." when the game is called fairly evenly.

There is no room for excuses in the postseason. The coach doesn't fail to execute. The coach doesn't turn the ball over or miss shots.

Yes, coaching was a factor. Nick should have been in the game late for rebounding and the clock management strategy at the end was very poor. No press, no sense of urgency. The posession where Indy allowed Overton to kill off 30 seconds before draining a jumper was the dagger.

But there are so many other factors in a basketball game that you can't honestly say that Darren Henrie cost Independence the game unless you have some sort of personal vendetta.

Guest footballprincess

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826376503[/snapback]

Saying that the sole reason Independence lost was coaching is like saying "WELL DAGGUM WE WOULDA WON BUT THEM REFEREES..." when the game is called fairly evenly.

There is no room for excuses in the postseason. The coach doesn't fail to execute. The coach doesn't turn the ball over or miss shots.

Yes, coaching was a factor. Nick should have been in the game late for rebounding and the clock management strategy at the end was very poor. No press, no sense of urgency. The posession where Indy allowed Overton to kill off 30 seconds before draining a jumper was the dagger.

But there are so many other factors in a basketball game that you can't honestly say that Darren Henrie cost Independence the game unless you have some sort of personal vendetta.

you're right about "blaming the coach" - people always want to do that - it takes a village!!!! Good luck next year - you guys had a good team.

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Feb 17 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826376503[/snapback]

I'm sure Coach EGO would agree that he had nothing to do with the defeat.

QUOTE(coachespet @ Feb 17 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826376648[/snapback]

I'm sure Coach EGO would agree that he had nothing to do with the defeat.

I second that & someone must LOVE him a awful lot to defend him like that!

Fact is it all comes down to coaching--whether you like it or not. It has nothimg to do with a personal vendetta. No, the coach doesn't execute or turn the ball over, but when that stuff starts happening you replace those people with someone who can handle a clutch situation and perform under pressure. That's no excuse-just the plain facts! There are plenty of other factors in losing but I stand firm that the coach was the main reason. Regardless if you agree or not, it's the cold hard truth. I can ASSURE you if those boys would have been playing for Jay JOhnson or Brian Kelly, they would still be playing ball. I would only expect someone with his "basketball knowledge" to pull out some awesome plays and not allow some of the stuff that you stated to take place in a crucial game!

I think I made my point and ANYONE who watched this game, with the exception of you Donathon, would agree the coaching was a disaster! So there lies the blame-the end of story! Good luck to the eagles next year.