Franklin/Centennial: 11aaa Title Game

Jim Harrick

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If franklin's shooting is on, im gonna go with franklin by 10...if they are not shooting so hot im gonna go with Centennial by 6..i just think without Siske in there underneath if CHS plays it right and keeps feedin it into kelly and Harris...besides Batt idk who else could pose a threat to stop them..

but well see what happens...o and another reason this game is huge is Antioch got beat so who ever loses this game will have to play them..this could be huge for the success of either team in the region! good luck to both teams!

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826377276[/snapback]Well, I'm one FHS fan that will admit that we are a different team down low w/o Siske. I believe his impact will be especially felt next week in the Region Tournament. For Franklin to get to the Region finals & possibly The Boro, they must do so with a total team effort.

But let's talk a bit about last night's game. Did anyone happen the see the stats for Gabe Glass in last night's game. He started both halves by just lighting it up! FHS is much more than just Batt, Young & Glover. I was also impressed with the play last night by Jamal Starnes, another fine young talent @ FHS.(Sophomore) In his few minutes on the floor, he chipped in 8 points and did very well in the rebounding department.

I predict that the FHS vs Centennial game will be pretty close. It is tough to beat a team 3 times. And without Siske in there, it could be anyone's game to win or lose. I predist a 5 point or less margin of victory for _______?????

Kegarise also had like 10 points i think

After watching the last game between these two teams, I thought the poor passing by the Centennial guards really hurt them. If Franklin doesn't front Kelly, he's pretty automatic. However when they fronted him in the last game (most of the second half), he rarely got the ball in a good position. It seemed that Centennial had a lot of turnovers when trying to feed the post. I remember thinking "Wow, if Centennial could throw better entry passes, Kelly could have 40 points." I think Centennial's turnovers, or lack of them, will go a long way in deciding this one.

QUOTE(chs05 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826378295[/snapback]After watching the last game between these two teams, I thought the poor passing by the Centennial guards really hurt them. If Franklin doesn't front Kelly, he's pretty automatic. However when they fronted him in the last game (most of the second half), he rarely got the ball in a good position. It seemed that Centennial had a lot of turnovers when trying to feed the post. I remember thinking "Wow, if Centennial could throw better entry passes, Kelly could have 40 points." I think Centennial's turnovers, or lack of them, will go a long way in deciding this one.

You hit the nail right on the head with that one.

Well the Centennial Cougars are finally getting the recognition they deserve. After winning 17 of their last 20, the Cougars made it into the Tennessean top 10 for the first time since the 2003-2004 season. They are ranked 8th, behind LaVergne (who they beat earlier this year) and in front of Antioch. May not be much, but the Tennessean had predicted Centennial to finish fifth in the district this year, so this shows how much the Cougars have improved over this past year.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826378966[/snapback]Whatever happens Tuesday, this is what I hope for.

I hope that Franklin and Centennial play well enough in regions to rid district 11AAA of the stigma that states that 11 cannot compete with 12. Both the cougars and the Rebels need to play well and hopefully advance deep enough into regions to contiue play.

Well we all know that Franklin can hang with 12-AAA. Even though all of those games have fallen just short, the Rebels have shown that they have the potential to take a game from D-12. The Cougars have always had trouble with the D-12 teams, all of them execpt Antioch. The Cougars have won 5 out of 7 all time meeting between the two schools, including a win in each of the last two years (we're better this year than we were the past two years). Now matter what happens, I believe that both of these teams (Franklin and Centennial) have the potential to upset some of these D-12 schools and both can make strong runs in the tournament.

QUOTE(BT Mafia @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826377099[/snapback]You need to give up this MVP beef. It was voted on by the COACHES, including Jay, and they felt Kelly and the Indy kid were most valuable to their teams.

Like one of the coaches in the meeting said "how can a team go 16-0 and have such few votes for MVP". Glover is the true MVP. When he is not on the floor, the Rebs at times struggle. When he is in foul trouble in the first half they struggle, when he comes back in the second half things are a lot different. FHS gets penalized for having such a great team concept (like Duke). In a game during the district tournament, 9 players scored and 5 were in double digits with another player with 8.