Hampton Vs. Cloudland

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(highdogwarriorcloneranger @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826377138[/snapback]Anyone got any reports on this game? Also anyone heard if Lunsford is going to take the Mitchell County job? Carter County still has 4 boys teams left in post season.

Cloudland won the gane 45-44 in OT. the Bulldogs showed the rust of a week lay-off, while the Landers looked sharp early. Cloudland had a 15 point lead at one time, but Hampton clawed back to take a 2 point lead late, but couldn't hold it. I'm never a fan of having a long time between games, esp. this time of the year, but not to take anything away from Cloudland. They came to play. Coach Lunceford wasn't at the game, I heard he was very sick, so he didn't make the trip. Carter Co. basketball is still alive and well, with four of the five schools left alive, so good luck to everyone.

QUOTE(The_Enforcer @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:46 PM) 826378061[/snapback]I look for these 2 good teams to meet again.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they do. They each have a lot of talent, and Cloudland beat University High earlier in the season. I think the Region 1-A tourney will be even more topsy-turvey than the district by quite a bit. I've not heard too many good things about District 2, so I hope they're ready for the quality of the teams coming to play in the first round come friday night, or they may be very unpleasantly surprised. Hampton can play with anyone around, so they won't be an easy out, and Unaka has shown they can pull a surprise. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see District 1 opponents duking it out in the region semi's.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826379682[/snapback]I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they do. They each have a lot of talent, and Cloudland beat University High earlier in the season. I think the Region 1-A tourney will be even more topsy-turvey than the district by quite a bit. I've not heard too many good things about District 2, so I hope they're ready for the quality of the teams coming to play in the first round come friday night, or they may be very unpleasantly surprised. Hampton can play with anyone around, so they won't be an easy out, and Unaka has shown they can pull a surprise. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see District 1 opponents duking it out in the region semi's.

Regionals will be a repeat of the District like last year. I hope with a different winner. You have 3 Pretty equal teams who could win on any given night, with the fourth team very well capable of an upset. Good Luck to all Carter Coounty teams. Well, unless you're playing the Dogs.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826379682[/snapback]It wouldn't surprise me at all to see District 1 opponents duking it out in the region semi's.

I would be surprised if that DIDN'T happen. Distict 2's only chance is Hancock vs. Unaka, which If Unaka plays there game and hits a few threes they ought to win, but Sneedville is one of the toughest places to play in the state.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826380210[/snapback]I would be surprised if that DIDN'T happen. Distict 2's only chance is Hancock vs. Unaka, which If Unaka plays there game and hits a few threes they ought to win, but Sneedville is one of the toughest places to play in the state.

word is that after tomorrow night, "everybody" will be back for the first round of the regionals. go figure